BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

:D :D Good lads Wigan. Didn't think it was the best performance but should've been more by half time to give us more of a cushion. Thought Pat Richards had a belting game.

Typical Wigan though forgetting to extend their alcohol licence!

Managed to make my dash back to Rovers as well in time for kick off! One derby was definitely better than the other.

Yeah, a pal of mine used to say " it's more exciting watching 'em blow the balls up for a Rugby League match than actually watching a game of football ". It's hard to argue with him at the moment. The comparison in levels of commitment between the two codes is un-believable.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Managed to make my dash back to Rovers as well in time for kick off! One derby was definitely better than the other.

We got stuck in the M6 traffic and I didn't get on Ewood until ten past three.

Not a classic at the DW but Wigan were good value for the win and should have almost put the game to bed by half time.

Yes, Pat had a great game and that Charnley try........?

A bloke in the JW Upper saw my Wigan shirt and told me his wife and daughter had gone to the game. I think there's more RL fans around than we think!

That's a pie eater, the Man Utd fans of the Rugby League.

Not at all. I support Wigan because the connection was made when I was taken there in 1994. Had I been taken to St Helens, I may well have ended up a Saints fan, same with Warrington or Salford. That said, I am happy that the DW is the nearest stadium to where I live and Wigan are therefore my local team.

Great win today but not so great for Super League.

Not at all. I support Wigan because the connection was made when I was taken there in 1994. Had I been taken to St Helens, I may well have ended up a Saints fan, same with Warrington or Salford. That said, I am happy that the DW is the nearest stadium to where I live and Wigan are therefore my local team.

Great win today but not so great for Super League.

That's not the point I was making. The great majority of Wigan and Utd fans are the same in that they expect to win every game and don't see why anyone else should beat them/score a try against them. It's been the same all the time I've been watching Rugby/ Football. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

That's not the point I was making. The great majority of Wigan and Utd fans are the same in that they expect to win every game and don't see why anyone else should beat them/score a try against them. It's been the same all the time I've been watching Rugby/ Football.

Well, that may have been true in the 'eight in a row' era and a few years either side. I don't know, I didn't go then. One thing for sure, Wiganers certainly know their rugby and the club sets its standards very high. The supporters are also knowledgable enough to know that nowadays there are several teams capable of winning Super League and our record since its inception proves that.

You all right TS, or are Rovers getting you down? :lol:

Disgusting performance by Hunslet Old Boys at Rochdale Hornets in the Challenge cup today. They'd only come to fight ( 1 sent off, two sin binnings ), should have been several more. Our winger was elbowed in the face chasing a kick through in the first minute and it just went on like that, the officials were out of their depth.Their " fans " were rude , abusive and boorish to everyone at our club both before, during and after the game. If that's amateur rugby league you can keep it. They were a disgrace to a great game. I've never seen anything like it in 45 years of watching the game. I'd rather finish with the game than that watch that every week.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces