BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

If England want to get their league on a par with the NRL, they'd do worse than to get the four (yes Four) Burgess brothers back to the super league from Souths (who are top of the comp at the moment).

Sam, especially has been playing like he was brought up in the NRL.

All of the Burgess family is living out there now and I'm pretty sure at least one of the brothers has started a family over there so I doubt they'll be returning soon. Don't forget Graham is ripping it up plus Tommy Lulu is finally finding his feet at NZW.

The ESL wont be able to compete with the NRL for the foreseeable future, the cap is just too big and there's no motivation in the English game to change and the RFL are so inept they wont find alternatives.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a great afternoon with FC fans in Harrow on the Hill. Guinness going down well. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. A few pints in nearby Harrow then tube to Wembley and soak up the atmosphere with a walk up Wembley Way. Come on Wigan!!

Having a great time in Dublin but gutted not to be goin to cup final. Will have to see u next year in Covent Garden instead!!

I'll be watching the Cup final. The challenge cup usually gives us good games most rounds, unlike the last football world cup.

In the old days the Rugby League cup final always seemed to be a really good game. It usually put the previous weeks football final to shame. Recently the Rugby League cup finals have been a bit dull in my opinion.

A pal of mine was a real Rugby League fan and didn't have much time for soccer. I walked into my local on the night of the football final and said, " Did you see the Final today Harry " ? Quick as a flash he replied " It's not while next week " !

Not a classic but a well deserved ground out win by the lads. Reliable kicking from Pat and great kicking by Smithy. With so narrow a score going in to the latter stages, it could have been so different had Hull gone over. Was only able to relax with about seven or eight minutes left when it was clear Wigan's sensible play meant Hull had run out of time. Then Sam sealed it. Out for a curry and a few more beers now!

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx?id=8594&type=1

Just watched it all - hadn't found out the score all day (which is quite easy to do in Ireland tbh) :D :D :D

Great ending too with Sam scoring, hope he's here next year to do it again :huh:

Everyone I spoke too yesterday said he's going but Sam hasn't actually confirmed it to anyone. However, if Matty Bowen is to come I'd say that providing he's fit and his knee's aren't crocked like some say, he's better than Sam at this moment in time. If he continues his current form in SL next year he will rip teams apart.

Actually quite gutted about that game. 4 things:

1. I'm all for blooding young players, but maybe not so many at once! I think with even 3-4 experienced players that game would've been won.

2. Not a pen leading to Hull's try, he wasn't offside imo. You can play the ball to nobody, but the defence can pick it up.

3. The drop kick attempt showed a lack of experience. They had 6 tackles to get set for a drop goal, score it and get the ball back and kill the clock.

4. The game clock got stuck on 5.03 minutes before Hull scored. I don't know how long it was stuck for but it was at least a minute

4. The game clock got stuck on 5.03 minutes before Hull scored. I don't know how long it was stuck for but it was at least a minute

I sit right opposite that clock and pointed out to the guy next to me that it had stopped. Yes, probably a good minute.

A great display though from the youngsters, Hampshire in particular. Inexperience showed, as you say, Burgess got sucked inside for two of the easiest tries they'll ever score and then the drop goal attempt on the first set!

Still, if that's the future, bring it on.

I sit right opposite that clock and pointed out to the guy next to me that it had stopped. Yes, probably a good minute.

A great display though from the youngsters, Hampshire in particular. Inexperience showed, as you say, Burgess got sucked inside for two of the easiest tries they'll ever score and then the drop goal attempt on the first set!

Still, if that's the future, bring it on.

Do you know what that green flashy light is about 5 meters next to the clock is? Drives me bonkers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone fancy a brfcs grand final meetup?

Can't make the GF unfortunately - been invited to a wedding we can't wriggle our way out of. Absolutely gutted.

Koi - yep, great win by the youngsters today. I thought about going seeing I couldn't make the game next Saturday but her indoors has given me a long list of DIY things to do!

Superb win last night and a great game of Rugby League. The lads have done us proud. The number of top players that have left over the last three years or so is unbelievable but others come in and do the job, especially the young 'uns.

Enjoy the GF and let's hope we can do the double.

Tyrone - you going to Leigh tomorrow? Should be a great derby final for you.

Was very confident before the leeds game and I'm confident we'll win on Saturday.

When does the relegation and promotion start again?

Just seen that Rochdale have stuffed Oldham, a Rovers win and Rochdale promoted,Tyrone will be like a dog with two todgers. Don't get Oldham though, they have a thriving RL scene, the could be a decent outfit.