BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MESSAGE TO VENKYS

Maybe for a normal person but we are talking pampered little darlings here in a 5 star plus accomodation eating only what their club diet dictates.

It's not always possible Cruz.

The city might be an IT hub and a centre of learning, but it is fast gaining another epithet, that of a city of slums. The Town and Country Planning Organisation (TCPO), the technical arm of the ministry of urban development, government of India, ranks Pune third in the cities with the largest number of slums in India.

England cricket team don't seem to bother.

England cricket team used the top hotels for many years, but were still hit badly by illness. They take their own food abroad now I believe, but believe me, there's no real way of avoiding the health hazards in India. Especially the poorer areas like Pune.

Believe me Gav, I've sampled it. Not a pretty picture seeing English workers walking around with toilett paper in their pockets.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not always possible Cruz.

The city might be an IT hub and a centre of learning, but it is fast gaining another epithet, that of a city of slums. The Town and Country Planning Organisation (TCPO), the technical arm of the ministry of urban development, government of India, ranks Pune third in the cities with the largest number of slums in India.

England cricket team used the top hotels for many years, but were still hit badly by illness. They take their own food abroad now I believe, but believe me, there's no real way of avoiding the health hazards in India. Especially the poorer areas like Pune.

Believe me Gav, I've sampled it. Not a pretty picture seeing English workers walking around with toilett paper in their pockets.

What makes Blackburn Rovers different to the England cricket team? Theyll take all the right precautions the same as the cricket team.

You sound like my grandad Den, he once told me Im daft for going to Spain They carry guns on the beach and arent afraid to use them yes granddad in 1943 :lol:

What makes Blackburn Rovers different to the England cricket team? They’ll take all the right precautions the same as the cricket team.

You sound like my grandad Den, he once told me I’m daft for going to Spain – “They carry guns on the beach and aren’t afraid to use them” – yes granddad in 1943 :lol:

:lol:

Still, it's easy to avoid illness Gav. Wharrever. ^_^

With a normal club that would be true.

But Rovers are a club where "unnecessary overheads" are being slashed and that includes most of the people at Brockhall who would give that message.

The Raos' reaction to receiving what you or I would understand as sound expert advice is to fire the person giving it and include a silence clause in the severance.

We know this as a fact, do we philip?

It seems that you are stating things, "" unnecessary overheads" are being slashed"...."includes most of the people at Brockhall".

Do we have any proof that "some" is "most", and that "overheads" are, in fact being "slashed"?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh! Bitchy.

I was just wondering if you'd had first-hand experience of being in India, and the trouble you can have with your stomach.

I don't think it's a suitable place for us to tour, but presumably you think otherwise.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh! Bitchy.

I was just wondering if you'd had first-hand experience of being in India, and the trouble you can have with your stomach.

I don't think it's a suitable place for us to tour, but presumably you think otherwise.

You could be right Bryan, but like I said, if the England cricket team can manage so can we.

Just asked an Indian colleague out in Pune whether Rovers are out there at the moment, he didn't even know who Venky's were?! Seriously, WTF?

I think we go on to Hong Kong soon, hope we come back in some sort of decent shape. I guess we don't have any medical staff travelling with us.

Just asked an Indian colleague out in Pune whether Rovers are out there at the moment, he didn't even know who Venky's were?! Seriously, WTF?

I think we go on to Hong Kong soon, hope we come back in some sort of decent shape. I guess we don't have any medical staff travelling with us.

I've worked in India, if you follow guidlines you will be ok with the food etc, I worked in Mumbai, Nashik and Pune, the Venky's are well know and I have been in touch with the people I worked with in India.

I've worked in India, if you follow guidlines you will be ok with the food etc.

What guidelines?

There are areas in many places in India where it's virtually impossible to avoid illness Yoda. Open sewers running through the villages, combined with exceptionally poor hygiene standards. You have to come out of those 5 star hotels sometimes. [if indeed you are lucky enough to have one in your area].

What guidelines?

There are areas in many places in India where it's virtually impossible to avoid illness Yoda. Open sewers running through the villages, combined with exceptionally poor hygiene standards. You have to come out of those 5 star hotels sometimes. [if indeed you are lucky enough to have one in your area].

I was refering specifically to Mumbai, Nashik and Pune where I worked and where the Raos are from,

avoid dairy products, fish from the rivers, only drink from a bottle opened in front of you, definately no ice cubes and salad (it is washed in tap water) turn the aircon down to 18 degrees(the mosi's dont like it that cold), definately start your malaria course before you go to India.

All three places have good hotels but sometimes we stayed in the company guest apartments and dined in the local restaurants.

Regarding the 5 star hotels, especially in Nashik, on the outside of the Taj residency there is a micro village under canvass against the perimiter wall of the hotel, so you don't have to go far to see a different way of life, but it is there by design and I suspect it will never change.

What guidelines?

Goodness me den you've got a bee in your bonnet about India.

I can assure you, the team won't be bathing in open sewers or staying in villages, they’ll be staying in a 5 star hotel in the city, just like the England cricket team do when they visit India.

What guidelines?

oh please.

As long as the boys don't eat from any of the shops on the sides of the roads, they will be fine!

It's all 5 star hotels for them!

I've been twice, and as long as your careful, there isn't a problem.

oh please.

As long as the boys don't eat from any of the shops on the sides of the roads, they will be fine!

It's all 5 star hotels for them!

I've been twice, and as long as your careful, there isn't a problem.

Shops? You've only been to the posh parts then.

Errr - and I've worked there as well. Lost one and a half stones in 4 weeks and needed medical treatment when I came home. Me and 75% of the team. So there's really no point in telling me that there aren't health hazards there. Nor is there any point in saying that taking obvious precautions will see you avoiding illness. Parts of India are health hazards - fact.

Gav - tell Stuart Broad that cricketers don't get ill in India. :D

We know this as a fact, do we philip?

It seems that you are stating things, "" unnecessary overheads" are being slashed"...."includes most of the people at Brockhall".

Do we have any proof that "some" is "most", and that "overheads" are, in fact being "slashed"

Of course not.

Easy to take the ######, isn't it? But I don't se eyou sticky up for the Venky boys any more.

Who said I'm gloating?

You're always misrepresenting other people's positions, and being a little disingenuous with your language.

I am worried about what's happening at the club. Got it?

Seemed like that to me.

Misrepresenting others positions? An example or two would be good- search facility is at the top.

Guess what I am worried about whats happening at the club too. Clear?

People using analogies/making references to Venkys and Nazis using a Hindu sign and calling it a Nazi symbol is being a little 'disingenuous' would you not say, sure you'll be the first to make posters aware if this was happening...

You've just misrepresented me for a start there, saying I'm "gloating". If Venky's fail, my club goes down the pan, and I don't want that, but there's no point denying they're doing a poor job.

Truth is I asked you a while back about why you were relentlessly sticking up for Venky's, because you were making it seem like they were doing a good job. You confessed then that you were worried about certain aspects of their stewardship, but you were still hoping everything would be OK. I paraphrase, but to me, if you thought they were doing a bad job you should come out and say so.

It only seems to be now, when Venky's have faced the acid test of a summer transfer window and are clearly making a pig's ear of it have you started to be more openly critical.

As for Philip, his comments were il-advised, I think he got rather carried away and I'm glad he retracted them. But I'm not going to get all snidey and use it to score points against him when we have far more things to be

worried about.

I apologise for my initial aggressive tone, but I don't see the point of in-fighting, which isn't in any way productive.

where has the Jones money goes???

it's time for us to start to spend some money on 4 quality players. Get your hands in your pockets Venky's NOW!!!!

Gone to pay off the loan they got for buying the club in the first place probably?

Archived