BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here

Sums up exactly how I used to feel about this board when Sam was in charge and his critics had over-run the place, but with a good deal more anger at how totally unfair and destructive it was (as unlike with Kean it was also displayed at Ewood). Did you used to defend Allardyce just as passionately from the negative fans CrazyIvan?

Whilst it is true that Allardyce polarised opinion amongst Rovers support and that was reflected on here, I dont believe that you can seriously compare that with the hostility, hysteria, myths, lies, smears and even hatred that has been aimed from this forum at the current owners and manager.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it is true that Allardyce polarised opinion amongst Rovers support and that was reflected on here, I dont believe that you can seriously compare that with the hostility, hysteria, myths, lies, smears and even hatred that has been aimed from this forum at the current owners and manager.

And you complain about hysteria in others!

Nobody was more aggressive and hostile towards Philip l,for example, by the way, than you were. He got it right about jerome Anderson didn't he although I agree his style is a bit pompous! Are you going to be the first to apologise?

With 2 games to go we are in grave danger of relegation. In my opinion any negative feelings towards the owners and the manager are no more than you'd expect in these circumstances. If we stay up expect an hysterical outpouring of emotion. Such feelings and expressions are completely normal.

As far as I'm concerned this is the Message Board and everyone's free to comment within the guidelines. A large number of posts these days are ones complaining about the way other people post! No point in it and its very boring.

And you complain about hysteria in others!

Nobody was more aggressive and hostile towards Philip l,for example, by the way, than you were.

With 2 games to go we are in grave danger of relegation. In my opinion any negative feelings towards the owners and the manager are no more than you'd expect in these circumstances. If we stay up expect an hysterical outpouring of emotion. Such feelings and expressions are completely normal.

Asfar as I'm concerned this is the Message Board and everyone's free to comment within the guidelines. A large number of posts these days are ones complaining about the way other people post! No point in it and its very boring.

What's an Asfar?

S*****g

Hostility? Many fans hated Allardyce and do to this day, you only have to see the likes of GAV and Zaccaius posting hundreds of times criticising anything and everything about the man in the latest Allardyce thread to see that. Hysteria, I'd say the manic "HOOFBALL!" comments on his tactics were hysterical to say the least considering at least a third of all clubs in England play that way. Pulis, O'Neill, McCleish, Neil Warnock, even Hughes to an extent have all employed the 4-5-1 skip the midfield approach in the top flight in the last decade but many Rovers fans chose to single out Allardyce specifically, presumably either because the media told them to or because he used to manage Bolton.

Myths and lies maybe not, although I think most Rovers fans haven't really made them about Kean, the likes of Merceman on here get plenty of abuse and little defence when claiming to have inside knowledge about him. Smears definitely, every interview Allardyce ever did was picked apart by his critics on here. If he said a tactic had worked he was arrogant, if he implied he could have managed a big club he was deluded, if he smiled he was smug, if he did nothing he was fat and ugly. I'd argue the hatred of Allardyce was far more personal, sustained and childish than anything Kean has had to put up with.

The fans who criticise people for doing nothing but slating Kean, when they used to do nothing but slate Allardyce, are total hypocrits in my opinion.

Hostility? Many fans hated Allardyce and do to this day, you only have to see the likes of GAV and Zaccaius posting hundreds of times criticising anything and everything about the man in the latest Allardyce thread to see that. Hysteria, I'd say the manic "HOOFBALL!" comments on his tactics were hysterical to say the least considering at least a third of all clubs in England play that way. Pulis, O'Neill, McCleish, Neil Warnock, even Hughes to an extent have all employed the 4-5-1 skip the midfield approach in the top flight in the last decade but many Rovers fans chose to single out Allardyce specifically, presumably either because the media told them to or because he used to manage Bolton.

Myths and lies maybe not, although I think most Rovers fans haven't really made them about Kean, the likes of Merceman on here get plenty of abuse and little defence when claiming to have inside knowledge about him. Smears definitely, every interview Allardyce ever did was picked apart by his critics on here. If he said a tactic had worked he was arrogant, if he implied he could have managed a big club he was deluded, if he smiled he was smug, if he did nothing he was fat and ugly. I'd argue the hatred of Allardyce was far more personal, sustained and childish than anything Kean has had to put up with.

The fans who criticise people for doing nothing but slating Kean, when they used to do nothing but slate Allardyce, are total hypocrits in my opinion.

Which means that everyone is a hypocrite

Common ground at last

Donny Osmond - where the hell did that come from? :lol:

Well I guess that if I'm Donny Osmond, Gav would have to be Joe Bugner, because:

Gav's a good example of how to roll with the punches Ivan. He's had a lot of 'em to take recently.

:tu:

Ah, good to see reason and sense don't take a back seat with you then... Did you actually read what I said? There was NOTHING intolerant about it. Your post is, frankly, intolerant, ignorant and rude. My point is definitely upheld by your post.

Good reply and good original post.

When things go bad we all have a tendancy to get negative. This negativity also brings others down. sometimes it just needs one person to think and act positive to lift others up.

Truth is Venky's have made mistakes - this we all agree on.

We also know we cannot go back to the the way things are - this I think we can all also agree upon.

Like it or not - everybody entitled to their own opinion, which has been debated to death - Kean is the manager. He will make mistakes because of his lack of experience - but he hasn't got everything wrong, and does at times (few times) appear to be learning from his mistakes.

But the time to be negative is not now. We all have to get behind the team to keep this club in the premiership. Then season in season out whoever is the owner of the club, whoever the manager is, supporters need to get behind the players to give them the will and determination to do their best for the club. To do our upmost to make the players to want and to enjoy playing for this club. Because it will not matter then who is running the club if the supporters and the players do their part.

Sometimes through all the gloom and doom we have to try to help each other be positive and get behind the team. Even if that means keeping our negative moans and groans to ourselves. Yes there are things to moan and be negative about, that is inevitable being a Rovers supporter - but, being a Rovers supporter, we have to rise above them and be positive for the sake of the team and the club.

Pafell, CrazyIvan - I know how you feel, honestly I do. What you're asking for unrealistic though. The fans at rovers matches have been absolutely superb, so in effect you're asking people on this site not to debate or discuss the real situation. Aint gonna happen, and there's no reason why it should happen.

Which means that everyone is a hypocrite

Common ground at last

Not all posters have slated one or other of them.

Unfortunately too many have and have ended up apparently having to belong to a camp they have difficulty in leaving.

<br />Pafell, CrazyIvan - I know how you feel, honestly I do. What you're asking for unrealistic though. The fans at rovers matches have been absolutely superb, so in effect you're asking people on this site not to debate or discuss the real situation. Aint gonna happen, and there's no reason why it should happen.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I’m not asking that at all.

Archived