BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here

I took myself away from the forum for a while because I was (and still am) sick of the endless negative bullshi* that's been spouted on here. The title over the forum should be the topic title of this thread because anyone who reads and beleives all the negative stuff would end up utterly depressed and without hope. The same old stuff is endlessly returned and regurgitated. Facts that are not facts, rumours that are untrue, negative spin on anything, a downer on anyone with anything positive to say and a lot of bullying of anyone who actually says anything positive. At some point people need to take a step back, take stock of everything and get some perspective rather than examining everything in minute detail. If you look hard enough at anything you'll find something wrong. Is everything perfect? No. Should it be? (rhetorical) Should it be better than it is right now? Yes of course. What is moaning and abusing Venkys going to achieve? Or Steve Kean for that matter?

I'm not going to regurgitate old stuff but I've been supporting my club the best way I can. Singing and shouting at games and getting behind the team. We're almost there, we're almost safe now. Should we be where we are? God no. Should Venkys have sacked Sam? Not in my opinion. Are they responsible for the fact that our strikers have only scored a handful of goals between them? No. Are they responsible for anything that actually happens on the pitch? No. Do I care if some little kids Mom can't be bothered to contact the club about something that was promised and goes to the papers instead? Ha, no. Are Venkys the devils incarnate? In the mind of some here they are. In reality, they are feeling their way through a minefield of football club ownership. Have they made mistakes? Yes of course. At some point you have to let them get on with it. Let's see what happens this summer.

In the end, what is it that matters? That this club stays alive and thriving. Can it do that if it's own fans are slowly stabbing hope and positivity in the heart? Should everything be about who is right and who is wrong, which argument is right and which is wrong? Should everything be used to hammer down anything Venkys or anything Kean?

Should we accept every and acquiesce without question? Absolutely not. At some point, though, you have to let things that have been done wrong go. You can't live berating someone or something endlessly. In that way lies madness. I reckon this summer is clean sheet time. (I very much doubt anyone on here will actually listen though).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took myself away from the forum for a while because I was (and still am) sick of the endless negative bullshi* that's been spouted on here. The title over the forum should be the topic title of this thread because anyone who reads and beleives all the negative stuff would end up utterly depressed and without hope. The same old stuff is endlessly returned and regurgitated. Facts that are not facts, rumours that are untrue, negative spin on anything, a downer on anyone with anything positive to say and a lot of bullying of anyone who actually says anything positive. At some point people need to take a step back, take stock of everything and get some perspective rather than examining everything in minute detail. If you look hard enough at anything you'll find something wrong. Is everything perfect? No. Should it be? (rhetorical) Should it be better than it is right now? Yes of course. What is moaning and abusing Venkys going to achieve? Or Steve Kean for that matter?

I'm not going to regurgitate old stuff but I've been supporting my club the best way I can. Singing and shouting at games and getting behind the team. We're almost there, we're almost safe now. Should we be where we are? God no. Should Venkys have sacked Sam? Not in my opinion. Are they responsible for the fact that our strikers have only scored a handful of goals between them? No. Are they responsible for anything that actually happens on the pitch? No. Do I care if some little kids Mom can't be bothered to contact the club about something that was promised and goes to the papers instead? Ha, no. Are Venkys the devils incarnate? In the mind of some here they are. In reality, they are feeling their way through a minefield of football club ownership. Have they made mistakes? Yes of course. At some point you have to let them get on with it. Let's see what happens this summer.

In the end, what is it that matters? That this club stays alive and thriving. Can it do that if it's own fans are slowly stabbing hope and positivity in the heart? Should everything be about who is right and who is wrong, which argument is right and which is wrong? Should everything be used to hammer down anything Venkys or anything Kean?

Should we accept every and acquiesce without question? Absolutely not. At some point, though, you have to let things that have been done wrong go. You can't live berating someone or something endlessly. In that way lies madness. I reckon this summer is clean sheet time. (I very much doubt anyone on here will actually listen though).

Of course they are. Was Jack Walker responsible for Alan Shearer scoring all of his goals for Blackburn Rovers?

What are you asking for CrazyIvan - only positive posts to be allowed?

Great post. It appears we are in the same boat.

Maybe the best thing to do is leave the negative folks to destroy themselves with ever increasing ridiculousness.

Or I could join in?

Nah

Maybe the formation of a splinter group is necessary.

Of course they are. Was Jack Walker responsible for Alan Shearer scoring all of his goals for Blackburn Rovers?

What are you asking for CrazyIvan - only positive posts to be allowed?

In answer to your questions, firstly no. They are not responsible for the actions of the players on the pitch as Jack Walker wasn't responsible for all the goals Shearer scored. He stumped up the money is all.

No, I'm asking for balance and an element of forgiveness. People make mistakes.

• Moderation Lead

The only thing that grated on me was people being 'resigned to us being relegated' a few weeks ago, I wouldn't mind if we were rock bottom, but we've not been in the bottom 3 at ANY POINT this season......

The way some users carry on, it's like they want the club to be relegated!

Sure, people do have a right to be angry, but if we can help see the club through this definite rocky patch and get to the end of the season, who knows what the future could bring? COYB

In answer to your questions, firstly no. They are not responsible for the actions of the players on the pitch as Jack Walker wasn't responsible for all the goals Shearer scored. He stumped up the money is all.

No, I'm asking for balance and an element of forgiveness. People make mistakes.

Without Jack Walker, Alan Shearer wouldn't have scored any goals for us. How much more responsible for a player could an owner be? Venky's responsibility is to find a manager who can put together a side capable of scoring goals.

The only thing that grated on me was people being 'resigned to us being relegated' a few weeks ago, I wouldn't mind if we were rock bottom, but we've not been in the bottom 3 at ANY POINT this season......

The way some users carry on, it's like they want the club to be relegated!

Sure, people do have a right to be angry, but if we can help see the club through this definite rocky patch and get to the end of the season, who knows what the future could bring? COYB

We were 10 games without a win and bottom of the form table, I think people were right to be concerned. I would also remind you that we aren't safe yet.

The future looks bleak if Kean remains.

Sometimes this site is like a room full of teenage girls when Justin Biebers in the house! (Or for Jim mk11 and Den - Donny Osmand)

You have to roll with the punches Ivan, take the rough with the smooth and take everything on here with a pinch of salt.

Good to have you back, if only for the avatar :lol:

Sometimes this site is like a room full of teenage girls when Justin Biebers in the house! (Or for Jim mk11 and Den - Donny Osmand)

You have to roll with the punches Ivan, take the rough with the smooth and take everything on here with a pinch of salt.

Good to have you back, if only for the avatar :lol:

I get that, I have to say that I got bored of it all and some time out was a good choice. I have still got an awful lot outside of Rovers going on as well. Moving to Australia is taking up some considerable time and effort.

Our goal shy strikers were a problem long before venky's arrived. Thankfully the last manager has solved it with an amazing £6m purchase ;)

And the current one has solved it by paying Santa Cruz 90000 quid a week and has solved it for next year by extending Robert's contract!

Without Jack Walker, Alan Shearer wouldn't have scored any goals for us. How much more responsible for a player could an owner be? Venky's responsibility is to find a manager who can put together a side capable of scoring goals.

I'm not going to argue about this as it, frankly, distracts from my original post and is a real example of what I said. Taking the whole and picking apart a tiny bit.

I'm not going to argue about this as it, frankly, distracts from my original post and is a real example of what I said. Taking the whole and picking apart a tiny bit.

You can't determine what other people write I'm afraid. That's why its a forum.

And the current one has solved it by paying Santa Cruz 90000 quid a week and has solved it for next year by extending Robert's contract!

Cruz was coming even if "I am the expert not you" was not potted

Look at the ammo he is firing at Brum. Just as big a bum as Santa Cruz.

Ah! depends on the manager! We used to have a real one.

Please feel free to have the last word by the way. Not going down any more rat runs with you. You hated the previous manager so no words of mine will change your idiocy.

Sums up exactly how I used to feel about this board when Sam was in charge and his critics had over-run the place, but with a good deal more anger at how totally unfair and destructive it was (as unlike with Kean it was also displayed at Ewood). Did you used to defend Allardyce just as passionately from the negative fans CrazyIvan?

It's a forum about Blackburn Rovers, these last months have been horrendous and people will vent.

Conversations go around and around because people feel strongly about issues and just as things seem to be calming down some mischevious git will stir it up- naming no names, of course!

Sums up exactly how I used to feel about this board when Sam was in charge and his critics had over-run the place, but with a good deal more anger at how totally unfair and destructive it was (as unlike with Kean it was also displayed at Ewood). Did you used to defend Allardyce just as passionately from the negative fans CrazyIvan?

Yes, actually. :)

Yes, actually. :)

:) Fair enough! You're one of the few that aren't being total hypocrits in berating the current negative fans then. Most of the rest spent 2 years whining about Allardyce and are now up in arms about others doing the same with Kean.

I must admit I'm a critic but only on here and only because I genuinely think it would benefit the club if he was sacked. At games I'm as supportive as anyone (minus the "Steve Kean's Blue and White Army" chant for now) and I think most of his other critics are on here judging by the great backing against City and Bolton.

In that sense the current negativists are behaving with a lot more loyalty and respect than the old ones used to when they chanted "4-4-2", "Big Sam sort it out" and all their other rubbish at Allardyce.

Archived