BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Academy Hopefuls

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not an Academy hopeful anymore but Academy related - Scottish pundits are eulogising over young Grant Hanley's performance for Scotland v ROI.

If he is any good he will be given a contract with a get out clause and then flogged.

Please people, resist this very transparent attempt to turn yet another thread into an anti Venkys/Kean rant.

Is that not the normal way Rovers do business - no matter who the owners are. Yes I have said a number of times that I have no confidence in Venkys or Kean. You may not like my stance, that is your choice.

This thread is about the academy - so was my post - until you replied.

Is that not the normal way Rovers do business - no matter who the owners are. Yes I have said a number of times that I have no confidence in Venkys or Kean. You may not like my stance, that is your choice.

This thread is about the academy - so was my post - until you replied.

Aye, ok. Of course that is what you meant.

Time for a mutual ignore I think.

I agree with Pafell. Why bother getting excited when any real prospect will be flogged as soon as they show any promise to warm the bench at Man Citeh?

Enjoy 'em while you can. :unsure:

Glad to here Hanley is doing well for Scotland.

I have a feeling Lowe is going to make an impact next season. Morris and Hanley I am less convinced by but they have a decent chance. Still amazed by the quality coming through the academy.... quite incredible really. I wonder how long i is before our youth coaches and scouts are nicked as well as the players :(

Whilst trawling through player profiles I was amazed to find young Adam Henley celebrated his 17th birthday today, I didnt realise he was only a 16 year old when he played against Oberton for Rovers v Man U. in the reserve final

So from all of us on here Happy Birthday Adam Henley - hope to see you with the first team next year

Whilst trawling through player profiles I was amazed to find young Adam Henley celebrated his 17th birthday today, I didnt realise he was only a 16 year old when he played against Oberton for Rovers v Man U. in the reserve final

So from all of us on here Happy Birthday Adam Henley - hope to see you with the first team next year

It is? I work with his mother, i'll have to pass my best wishes from everyone at BRFCS. He's a grand lad.

Cotton and Preston are the next big thing i hear - Cotton more so.

He is training with the first team and certainly believes he will make it.

The Jones situation will spur everyone on......exciting times.

I am not too sure about Cotton, whilst I admit I havent seen him play, maybe once, he has talent but my information is he has a poor attitude and that I feel will let him down as happend with Banton last year, went to Liverpool and has now been released from there as well.

I have always said, you can compensate a lacking of ability in some areas if you have the correct mental attitude and determination to succeed, without the correct attitude, players will fall by the wayside.

In my honest opinion, of the younger lads not seen on first team duty, Peacock a young Central Defender and young Henley looked really impressive against Man U especially where I felt defensively, Rovers were awesome! I also expect Jackson Ramm to come good again next season.

My advice to any young player would be to work hard, be committed and keep away from bad influences, have a good attitude and never stop wanting to learn and be the very best you can be.

As for Cotton training with the first team, that is not exactly correct, my understanding is that other young lads were taken to train as well to assist in a particular training excercise.

In my honest opinion, of the younger lads not seen on first team duty, Peacock a young Central Defender and young Henley looked really impressive against Man U especially where I felt defensively, Rovers were awesome! I also expect Jackson Ramm to come good again next season.

???? Just had a look on team sheet for both games, no one called Peacock!

I have to be honest and say from when I've seen the Academy I've never been impressed with Henley but fair play that he seemed to finish the season strong!

I think it would be great if Hitchcock could get a loan move and try and prove himself.

An interesting note though is that with the Reserves winning the Northern Reserve league and within that team is mostly all the players who got to Semi final of youth cup the year before. There's obviously some good players in there just hope we can push them through and give them a few chances to see if they can hack it in the Premier League.

???? Just had a look on team sheet for both games, no one called Peacock!

I have to be honest and say from when I've seen the Academy I've never been impressed with Henley but fair play that he seemed to finish the season strong!

I think it would be great if Hitchcock could get a loan move and try and prove himself.

An interesting note though is that with the Reserves winning the Northern Reserve league and within that team is mostly all the players who got to Semi final of youth cup the year before. There's obviously some good players in there just hope we can push them through and give them a few chances to see if they can hack it in the Premier League.

Sorry Hallows, Pearson, I'm getting old

Apparently Toni Vastic is wanted by Bayern....

Bayen interest in Vastic

In the article it said "Vastic made nine substitute appearances for the Blackburn reserves last year, scoring six goals."

Has Parson Blue or anyoone else seen him play and can give an opinion? If Bayern are interested he must have something about him....

seen him a few times, never really been one to ever stand out majorly but does look useful at times. Will he make it and/or is he good enough for Bayern? I'm really not convinced he is, if we get a fee for him we could do very well from it. Thats just my view

I am not too sure about Cotton, whilst I admit I havent seen him play, maybe once, he has talent but my information is he has a poor attitude and that I feel will let him down as happend with Banton last year, went to Liverpool and has now been released from there as well.

I have always said, you can compensate a lacking of ability in some areas if you have the correct mental attitude and determination to succeed, without the correct attitude, players will fall by the wayside.

My advice to any young player would be to work hard, be committed and keep away from bad influences, have a good attitude and never stop wanting to learn and be the very best you can be.

As for Cotton training with the first team, that is not exactly correct, my understanding is that other young lads were taken to train as well to assist in a particular training excercise.

He has the talent and yes he has an attitude problem - he is a little chavy to be honest. He will make it though.

However, you know little about the academy. They are not allowed to fall by the wayside. They are an investment.

They are schooled in education, how to deal with the press, how to perform an interview, football, coaching and so on.

That is exactly correct. He will be training with them once they return for pre-season - trust me i spoke to him about it!!

Archived