BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Academy Hopefuls

A well respected (senior) football coach told me during the summer, when he found out I was a Rover, that we had the best set of young lads he'd seen in a long time. Thank God!! Is the semi final a two legged affair? If so, we should try and pack Ewood (and Turd Moor) for both legs if the Dingles get through. This is one way of getting 'our Rovers' back - even if it is just for a couple of games!!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't you just say who this coach is? Doesn't seem the sort of comment you'd need to be anonymous for.

What a strange thing to focus on. Does it matter? The point is, we have a good set of youngsters at the club who we may have to rely on, both on and off the pitch, over the next 4 or 5 years.

Not sure why you're confused, FMQ. Yes, it matters. Some coaches are more respected than others. All that's strange is you not simply answering the question, when that would be easier than your reply was. But if you don't want to say, fine.

• Backroom

I think it was Aley who spoke about the owners picking the side a few months ago.

The club have obviously let that die down before sacking Aley.

That wasn't him it was Jadan Hall I think. Alex after the QPR game argued with several women fans saying they know nothing about football and he can say what he wants as he isn't a premier league player yet, hope that had no bearing though.

I think it was Aley who spoke about the owners picking the side a few months ago.

The club have obviously let that die down before sacking Aley.

Probably the best for all concerned. The lad was light years away from Premier League standard and has made little headway in the reserves. Hopefully, he can get fixed up at a lower level. Allowing him to leave now gives him the opportunity to try to get fixed up before all the out of contract players are released at the end of the season.

Since people know that certain first teamers are not playing because of payments they would be due, why has no-one considered this with the kids???

Did you know that Jackson Ramm, James Knowles and Matthew Pearson have also been released, surprised as Pearson and Ramm looked decent!

Did you know that Jackson Ramm, James Knowles and Matthew Pearson have also been released, surprised as Pearson and Ramm looked decent!

I can't say I'm surprised about Ramm. He's been going backwards way for the last eighteen months. I'm hugely surprised about Pearson. For me he was the stand out player in the Reserves last season. Of course, this season, the talent that is Myles Anderson has taken his place - more's the pity. I'm really sorry to see him go while the likes of Anderson and Bruno remain. As for Knowles, I think the lad could get fixed up lower down the Leagues without too much trouble.

The sad thing is that the likes of Ramm, Knowles and Pearson looked excellent at Academy level which is why I'm not getting carried away with this year's youth team. Far too often lads who look good in the Under-18's never get anywhere near being good enough to make the grade.

The sad thing is that the likes of Ramm, Knowles and Pearson looked excellent at Academy level which is why I'm not getting carried away with this year's youth team. Far too often lads who look good in the Under-18's never get anywhere near being good enough to make the grade.

Looking at it another way, I don't remember people discussing the likes of Jones and Hanley when they were playing reserve/youth team football.

If anybody can ever work out how to tell what makes it possible for good young players to progress to the Premier League then they'll make a fortune. So many apparently talented players at PL/national youth level end up struggling for professional careers.

You can tell that nobody in the game really has a clue how to work out which will make it, the preferred method seems to be get as many with talent as possible and hope that a few will make it through.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the Semi Final will be taking the most coverage, the kids are in action down at Brockhall today against Boro.

Kick off is at midday, thought I would put it out there for people stuck for something to do.

With the semi final coming up would expect some of the U16s to be making the step up as is often the case towards the end of the season

• 1 month later...

Not sure but the young lads on twitter love him.

Anyone know what is going on with filip pivokvski is he going perninatly, i though hed become a handy junior replacement.

Christopher Dilo?

Hugo Fernandez?

Apparently former rovers youth and guiseley keeper Steven Drench is our goalkeeping coach at the academy.

Archived