BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whatever happened to..............

Jan is following Take That around Europe, going to every gig of the tour (I kid you not).

Jordan is now wrapped up with being a daddy and last time I spoke wasn't even sure he was renewing his season ticket.

AESF I've swapped a few PMs with, he still reads but doesn't want to post again at the moment.

If this is leading to ... why? Then we already have a thread for that in Ask Admin

Think for most posters esp ones who have been around for years life just gets in the way, kids/work/misses.

In my season ticket days I met some good people from this MB Jordan, Ricky, Ste B, Tris, Scotty, Nuclear Sox, Rob the Blunderer(i think that was his MB name).And have some fond memories I.e. Fans friendly against gencirbili(sp), beers in blues bar.

It is sad that most of them appear to be a lot less active but as I said life just gets in the way.

Posters for the where are they now.

Radaghast the brown

Percy

RachRover

Mushy

Think for most posters esp ones who have been around for years life just gets in the way, kids/work/misses.

In my season ticket days I met some good people from this MB Jordan, Ricky, Ste B, Tris, Scotty, Nuclear Sox, Rob the Blunderer(i think that was his MB name).And have some fond memories I.e. Fans friendly against gencirbili(sp), beers in blues bar.

It is sad that most of them appear to be a lot less active but as I said life just gets in the way.

Posters for the where are they now.

Radaghast the brown

Percy

RachRover

Mushy

Still see Rach and Percy at games. Rach especially pops up on twitter now and again too

Others I've not seen posting on here for a long time are:

TassieRover

Blueboy

PennyDuff

Groobs

Unleaded

Groobs is still busy on the official site, we still chat online a bit.

PennyDuff I bumped into last season in Blues, partly when my wife went "There's a guy over there, looks like a really old version of Bjarte !". He's not a fresh faced young fish-head any more. He pops up on the likes of twiiter, linkedin and facebook occasionally. Amsterdam with PennyDuff and a bunch of other board members is something I'll never forget.

Amsterdam with PennyDuff and a bunch of other board members is something I'll never forget.

Actually, I think the lack of European games (and other "big" games) is possibly one of the things that's damaged the community element of the forum in recent year. They were great for getting all the forum members to meet up and built some life long friendship. In fact, time to break out some of the pics from great BRFCS meetups of years gone by. Bray 2002 pre-season for example

post-754-0-67233100-1310423577_thumb.jpg

post-754-0-31391800-1310423606_thumb.jpg

Saying I don't have permission to see those Glenn!

Ah nuts.

Another day then. I've got all deweyed eyed looking at them anyway.

Things like :-

Bob Flemming singing ace of spades in Blues

The hundred beer bar tab in Cologne

Waggy's one man peacefull pitch invasion at Fans game in Turkey

Impromtu rovers karaoke in a cellerbar in Amsterdam

Superstella rolling a giant pumpkin in Krakow

Ricky throwing some shapes in Salzburg

Scotty with comedy dreadlock rasta hat in Cologne

The teams for the various fans friendly games

The bus to Salzburg stadium which was rocking so hard I genuinely thought it was going to roll

200 Rovers fans taking over a monestry beer garden in Salzburg

Getting off the plane in turkey and wandering into a Terry Gilliam film!

The Oyster, Wellie and Mitre before the 2007 FA Cup Semi

etc etc etc.

Pity about Jordan missing his Rovers, great lad but family comes first.

Glenn is right about those Euro trips: great comradeship,; p!ssips; and a fantastic laugh.

I remember Scotty the Rasta like it was yesterday...what a festival. never mind the footie!

Apart from Turkey, I went to them all.

Think theres a picture on my Facebook somewhere of Jordan flat out on a Krakow street after he was carried out of one of their underground cavern bars.

Pre season trip to Germany, Ste B singing Nellie the Elephant on kareoke in some Munich boozer has to be a favourite :lol:

Apart from Turkey, I went to them all.

Think theres a picture on my Facebook somewhere of Jordan flat out on a Krakow street after he was carried out of one of their underground cavern bars.

Pre season trip to Germany, Ste B singing Nellie the Elephant on kareoke in some Munich boozer has to be a favourite :lol:

God we were drunk that night, I remember you and JPW singing waterloo. Along with the "we won the war" line.

God we were drunk that night, I remember you and JPW singing waterloo. Along with the "we won the war" line.

It's not just abroad. I remember the last UK meetup (2005 worringly) I remember there being several pictures of Debs being unable to walk after leaving Blues.

But a few others meetings of forum members to jog the memory ...

A bunch of fans in Ankara hijacking the minibus we'd ordered, only to be hijacked themselves and being driven to a brothel (only to be convinced they were being abducted or shot).

JPW descending the steps to a hooker's window head first and backwards in Amsterdam ("I didn't see that hole !")

MrsMaureen ordering "cake" in an Amsterdam cafe and politely (and genuinely) enquiring if they had custard to go with that.

Thousands of inflatables at Spurs and Captain Kayos dressed for a day at the beach (which is oddly now somebody else's avatar).

MikkieFin taking a holdall full of full vodka bottles into the ground at Gilligham like it was a normal thing to do

Beta Ray Billy randomly asking a bunch of young girls in Blues (at the first ever get together) "Are you here to meet a bunch of blokes you met on the internet".

The anti-nazi skinheads in Turkey

Stu Wilkey's twin brother in Blues (was that chase, or am I mis remembering, some bloke that had flown to England to hit a bloke with a fish, or something)

Trying to explain to PennyDuff, the lyrics to the skol song.

Being sat on a lovely terrace garden bar in Turkey, whilst Councillor Dave taught the locals anti-Dingle songs.

I'd also mention last time we played at Morecambe, but I don't want to put people off joining us on Saturday ;)

Archived