BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] beards

Just read the front page of the telewag.A school lad has been banned from school for having a beard. Bet it doesn't mean bans for certain other school goers .Same as tesco at whiteburk has signs up forcing bikers to remove helmets ,yet veiled women are ok.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think beards will be an issue at St Wilfrids for much longer Abbey.

As for that lad... acne excuse is ######. His mother should be stitched up to stop her producing any more if thats the best parenting skills that she possesses. Rules are rules if discipline is to be maintained. His stupid ear displays would have to go too if I was Head.

btw Absolutely massive car crash in Pleasington Sat night about 9-10pm. Brand new merc ran into a house wall at what must have been a terrific speed judging by the damage but I can't see it reported in the LT. Anybody know anything about this?

Just read the front page of the telewag.A school lad has been banned from school for having a beard. Bet it doesn't mean bans for certain other school goers .Same as tesco at whiteburk has signs up forcing bikers to remove helmets ,yet veiled women are ok.

I suppose that, until veiled women start robbing banks & supermarkets, then there will be not problem.

It'll get interesting if this changes.

I suppose that, until veiled women start robbing banks & supermarkets, then there will be not problem.

It'll get interesting if this changes.

its been done already Col...what's the diffrrnce tho between banned and allowed at school? Surley there shouldn't be?

Tis bumfluff..its his choice tho.

It isn't Abbey. According to the Head “Our policy for boys is that they attend school clean shaven. This has been the policy of the school for many years and the governors have not altered this in the recent past."

So it isn't his choice at all and at 15 for his stupid unfit Mother to take him out of school for the next 2 weeks instead of making him shave is both illegal and a dereliction of parenting. I hope she is charged for it. She should be ashamed and embarrassed of her stance

btw Night clubs and restuarants etc have dress policies (no jeans no trainers etc) and people might resent them but if they want to get in they have to abide by them. Every school similarly has the right to dictate standards. School shouldn't just offer the chance for kids to learn academic subjects it offers the chance to meet friends, learn social skills and the meaning of duty, play sports and in this case accept discipline.

Sounds like he's leaving soon and he's prob not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree so lets all hope he finds himself in the Army. See how much influence his gobby Mum has there.

Thing is if its all the same council/county etc there should be one rule ..beard or no beard and tough crap if you don't fall in the right one.

Why dont you just come out and say it. You think all beards for religious purposes should be shaved off aswell. Stop fannying around the subject.

Fannying ? Not at all..does equalty not work both ways slough or is it ok to be a one way rule?

What about the teachers at the school ? "no beards " would rule out every geography teacher I ever knew ! [and some were women]

Never trust men with a beard - lazy because they can't be bothered to shave and usually have something to hide.

Never trust women with a beard either - you might end up disappointed.

How about banning swearing instead? Wouldn't that be more appropriate? I think there are other issues in schools that need greater attentions (bullying for one) than a pupil's beard.

I'm sure swearing is banned in every school. It's just not enforced. It should be thats for sure.

It isn't Abbey. According to the Head “Our policy for boys is that they attend school clean shaven. This has been the policy of the school for many years and the governors have not altered this in the recent past."

So it isn't his choice at all and at 15 for his stupid unfit Mother to take him out of school for the next 2 weeks instead of making him shave is both illegal and a dereliction of parenting. I hope she is charged for it. She should be ashamed and embarrassed of her stance

btw Night clubs and restuarants etc have dress policies (no jeans no trainers etc) and people might resent them but if they want to get in they have to abide by them. Every school similarly has the right to dictate standards. School shouldn't just offer the chance for kids to learn academic subjects it offers the chance to meet friends, learn social skills and the meaning of duty, play sports and in this case accept discipline.

Sounds like he's leaving soon and he's prob not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree so lets all hope he finds himself in the Army. See how much influence his gobby Mum has there.

I know we have our differences on many topics ... but on this one I agree with you 100%.

It's just a beard.

A school doesn't need to dictate standards, neither does a nightclub or a restaurant. It's only an issue because he's a representative of the school and they believe the school will be looked down upon by certain members of the public if they see one of their students walking around outside with an Abraham Lincoln beard. "I wouldn't send my kid to that school. They let those bearded types in there! Disgraceful."

It's discrimination against bearded folk and frankly I don't agree with that at all. It has nothing to do with standards, it has everything to do with the school's public image and the general perception of beards. If beards were a sign of a distinguished character and a good, moral person then no one would have a problem with someone having one.

By the way, nightclub owners and security guards are complete knobs. You don't want my business? No worries, I'll wear whatever I damn please and go to the rock club down the street where the girls are hotter, the music is better and the drinks are cheaper :tu:

It's just a beard.

A school doesn't need to dictate standards, neither does a nightclub or a restaurant. It's only an issue because he's a representative of the school and they believe the school will be looked down upon by certain members of the public if they see one of their students walking around outside with an Abraham Lincoln beard. "I wouldn't send my kid to that school. They let those bearded types in there! Disgraceful."

It's discrimination against bearded folk and frankly I don't agree with that at all. It has nothing to do with standards, it has everything to do with the school's public image and the general perception of beards. If beards were a sign of a distinguished character and a good, moral person then no one would have a problem with someone having one.

By the way, nightclub owners and security guards are complete knobs. You don't want my business? No worries, I'll wear whatever I damn please and go to the rock club down the street where the girls are hotter, the music is better and the drinks are cheaper :tu:

National Service has been sorely missed.

Standards need to be applied in every walk of life. BUT..."If beards were a sign of a distinguished character and a good, moral person then no one would have a problem with someone having one."

Thats an odd statement considering Jesus had one (and so did t'other lot's invisible friend too btw).

Beards unless one is in the Navy are just a sign of laziness and a poor attitude to personal appearence and hygiene. I can just about tolerate a well trimmed beard but never an unkempt one.... much like an untrimmed 'mary'.

Pubic hair of the face. I see them as complete non starters for chefs and a surgeons.

Thats an odd statement considering Jesus had one (and so did t'other lot's invisible friend too btw).

The norm changes with the years. What was acceptable before is not so anymore. Beards are now associated with thugs, terrorists and general undesirables, so people have a tendency to look negatively at people with one.

Jesus isnt the best example anyway for a number of reasons, but I don't want to diverge from beards!

Archived