BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve wood

Ali Merchant we have been told has been given leading role by Venky's re recruitment. Steve Wood not sure, will try and talk to him tomorrow to see if he has any role, the Steve Wood link came from Sunday People.

I was told that Wood is here to facilitate player sales.

The mind boggles Kamy. How does that work then?

Basically I am led to believe that with the relationship breaking down between owners and Kentaro, they wanted someone in this key position who they trust. Ali Merchant fulfils this criteria. He will be Involved in negotiation process to ensure that owners don't get ripped off re Agent fees etc. He won't be selecting the players that are going be signed but will be doing the deals in conjunction with someone here in the UK.

The key thing is now is who is selecting the players Rovers go for? I'd be surprised if it is Kean due to his links with Kentaro/SEM. I am gping to speculate that shortly we will see a director of football appointed. The big problem is that time is marching on and Rovers need to sign a minimum of 3 players in my opinion.

Basically I am led to believe that with the relationship breaking down between owners and Kentaro, they wanted someone in this key position who they trust. Ali Merchant fulfils this criteria. He will be Involved in negotiation process to ensure that owners don't get ripped off re Agent fees etc. He won't be selecting the players that are going be signed but will be doing the deals in conjunction with someone here in the UK.

The key thing is now is who is selecting the players Rovers go for? I'd be surprised if it is Kean due to his links with Kentaro/SEM. I am gping to speculate that shortly we will see a director of football appointed. The big problem is that time is marching on and Rovers need to sign a minimum of 3 players in my opinion.

I'm still surprise we haven't got a Director of Football in already. I was excepting this to happen this summer.

Kamy, any ideal who we would get as a DoF?

Maybe Houiller as DoF?

I'm still surprise we haven't got a Director of Football in already. I was excepting this to happen this summer.

Kamy, any ideal who we would get as a DoF?

Maybe Houiller as DoF?

No idea who they would get as DoF. I doubt that they would go for Houllier (to expensive) or that he would be interested.

I wouldn't be happy if I was manager and players were being signed over my head. Not exactly pouring oil on troubled waters.

It is a very natural thing in European football.

Most Spanish, Italian, German and French football clubs have DoF or Sporting director who buys the players and the Manager/Head Coach do the coaching and pick the team for the matches. The coach will say what positions he would like players to be signed for but didn't have a say in which players the club signs.

I wouldn't have a problem if we adopt this style of football management with a DoF/Sporting Director with Kean becoming Head Coach, so long we bought in a proper person in as a director of Football with experience of doing the job before.

It will be interesting to find out more detail about these respective job roles and how they will fit in - given his background, I am not quite sure how Merchant could be involved in player recruitment, it appears his experience is in marketing within India.

I agree - I'd much rather have an established manager (such as Houllier) identifying and bringing in players than Kean.

That's getting everything back-to-front.

That would mean that you'd be having Kean as de facto coach. So why promote him to manager in the first place?

You'd be better off sacking off Kean and getting a decent manager in.

Archived