BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Even the Indian Press...

This is worth reading to the end of the second page.

Venky's cannot even organise a football press conference in Pune.

I shudder to think how shambolic a visit by Rovers would have been.

The truth is Venky's are becoming a sick joke in India because they are so ridiculously out of their depth in buying a PL club. Most successful Indians are becoming very uneasy about how Venky's are now damaging their country's emerging reputation for managerial professionalism.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is Venky's are becoming a sick joke in India because they are so ridiculously out of their depth in buying a PL club. Most successful Indians are becoming very uneasy about how Venky's are now damaging their country's emerging reputation for managerial professionalism.

Dare one ask where you got this gem from? :blush:

"the conference was low-key to start with — a compensation for the cancellation of their exhibition match, more than anything else."

Most successful Indians? Can you please list these Indians and the quotes they have given regarding the damage Venky's are causing. Of course you cant because as usual you are taking your opinion and dressing it up as fact to justify your twisted agenda.

"Back in England, Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean and captain Ryan Nelsen are accustomed to being a part of high-profile press conferences bustling with journalists fighting to get questions in and a barrage of photographers jostling for space to capture the best frame."

This happens at Brockhall? With have journos and photographers battling to get through the door?

is the reporter getting us confused with a club the media gives a damn about?

I left my bacon sandwich alone for 45 seconds reading that rubbish article.

Can someone explain to me what was worth reading???

We saw on Sky Sports News what was going on with Kean in India. They answered questions, explained what was happening and everyone came across pretty well.

Obviously whether it's true or not we dont know and will have to wait and see but we have to take them at face value and if it all goes wrong then they're on record saying that and will deservedly get shot down by everyone.

Once again you are making ludicrous statements, which are your opinion, as facts. That is being polite, I was going to use sh*t.

Hey, weren't we supposed to be India's Premier League football team and have a network of football academies by now?

Even the local paper is laughing at them.

No, that's in your head. Don't you have something else to do?

Venky's director Balaji Rao said the firm intends to "exploit our in-depth knowledge of the Indian market in particular, and beyond that, the whole of Asia" to develop the club's fan base.

This is quote from Venkys bought Rovers.

Venky's director Balaji Rao said the firm intends to "exploit our in-depth knowledge of the Indian market in particular, and beyond that, the whole of Asia" to develop the club's fan base.

But how will the fan base develop if, on their watch, the club drops into the Championship?

I suggest the best way of doing that is making Rovers a successful club in the premiership first and foremost. Not having the club fighting to stay in the premiership season in season out. Rovers ahd a relegation battle last season. As things stand today, the same struggle is will happen again.

Make the club a success first, then a fan base in India may grow. But until then, I suggest Indian football supporters will look at teams that beat rovers instead.

I suggest the best way of doing that is making Rovers a successful club in the premiership first and foremost. Not having the club fighting to stay in the premiership season in season out. Rovers ahd a relegation battle last season. As things stand today, the same struggle is will happen again.

Make the club a success first, then a fan base in India may grow. But until then, I suggest Indian football supporters will look at teams that beat rovers instead.

Please remove yourself from the messageboard, such intelligent posts will not be tolerated :P .

And that quote doesn't say we would have a network of academies by now.

Once again you are making ludicrous statements, which are your opinion, as facts. That is being polite, I was going to use sh*t.

You're welcome to disagree with Philip (or anyone else on here), but refrain from personal attacks. I know you're not the first or the worst offended, but I'm getting fed up with it. Once upon a time we could debate stuff with resort to making it personal.

You're welcome to disagree with Philip (or anyone else on here), but refrain from personal attacks. I know you're not the first or the worst offended, but I'm getting fed up with it. Once upon a time we could debate stuff with resort to making it personal.

Then why not pick the worst up on it. Unfortunately it seems some on here think they have a right to be insulting because they have been on since the year dot. I won't even mention the thinly veiled racism that has crept into the site. Ho hum.

Then why not pick the worst up on it. Unfortunately it seems some on here think they have a right to be insulting because they have been on since the year dot. I won't even mention the thinly veiled racism that has crept into the site. Ho hum.

Where?

Because I have to start somewhere and yours was the first one I saw.

Trust me, I've received "I'm outraged to be banned" emails from almost every high profile poster at some point over the last 15 years, there are no special cases.

Racism? Where??

So I can highlight those people who can't understand simple rules about personal attacks?

Philip posted a link worthy of discussion, feel free to disagree with it, but don't let it get personal. It's not rocket science.

Archived