BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Even the Indian Press...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has gone well. Of all the things someone could bring up to re-enforce their entrenched position on the owners this has to be the biggest non-event of the lot. I've managed to lose a fair amount of patience with our incumbent owners over the summer without even being here.

PhilipL, my advice to you, you're trying too hard. Stick to things that every rational fan can appreciate and you'll certainly attract far less hostility and maybe something closer to achieving whatever it is you were shooting for in making this thread. Posting two-bit non-articles from a no-name local hack in Pune are just making you look vindictive, I'm sorry to say.

Ok, all the off topic posts are now visible in the thread in ask admin I directed you all to previously. If people have part-posts that should be in this thread you can now cut and paste them back here.

Sorry if that spoils any view you may have about may supposed agenda here.

Now, back to the Indian press.

Ok, all the off topic posts are now visible in the thread in ask admin I directed you all to previously. If people have part-posts that should be in this thread you can now cut and paste them back here.

Sorry if that spoils any view you may have about may supposed agenda here.

Now, back to the Indian press.

Thank you very much, I found it.

Back to the topic: as much as I respect Philip's opinions, and he does occassionally bring some valid points and information to the board, his accusation of me being a Venkys PR operative (plus his insistence that I am one despite Glenn already telling him that I'm not after finding my blog) makes it very difficult for me to take his statements seriously, especially when I personally know them to be completely false and unfounded. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not lying when his contacts tell him they think lowly of Venkys, but they probably make up a very small minority of the top Indian businesses in all of India.

Being in Asia, I get the sense that while Venkys have indeed made some not-so-clever decisions, they are not portrayed as negatively by the press in Asia as they are in the English press or this messageboard. There is a sense of pride that Venkys are taking the effort to promote football in Asia rather than the feeling of disappointment that they turned out to be a joke. However, since most Asians support the big teams like Manchester United and Liverpool, there's hardly any concern over Blackburn Rovers themselves except from the minority like me. So generally most of them do not know of the supposed disasters and screw-ups that had happened in Venkys and Blackburn Rovers.

This could explain my generally positive stance to them relative to most people on this messageboard.

his accusation of me being a Venkys PR operative (plus his insistence that I am one despite Glenn already telling him that I'm not after finding my blog)

I didn't rule out somebody close to Venky's having your ear. Only that you're not an employee or family member and you've been supporting Rovers well before Venky's took an interest.

BTW I'd let people know about the blog, some of the work you've done on your "other" passion is seriously impressive work (even if much of it is over my head).

I did see said accusation on another thread but it's probably more relevant here.

On one hand he's saying that Venky's can't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, nor any kind of positive coverage from a very small remote event on their own turf. On the other hand, however, that they do have the wherewithal to successfully infiltrate a long standing internet community that is highly invested, close knit and carrying a lot of cynicism to orchestrate an effective viral marketing campaign that would somehow mitigate the huge amount of bad feeling they've generated.

Right.

I did see said accusation on another thread but it's probably more relevant here.

On one hand he's saying that Venky's can't organise a p*ss up in a brewery, nor any kind of positive coverage from a very small remote event on their own turf. On the other hand, however, that they do have the wherewithal to successfully infiltrate a long standing internet community that is highly invested, close knit and carrying a lot of cynicism to orchestrate an effective viral marketing campaign that would somehow mitigate the huge amount of bad feeling they've generated.

Right.

.... yeah it would have been much easier just to pay Ste and I off off with a couple of Balaji's cars and a life time of fried chicken and you'd never see another negative comment on here again* :)

(* No, I'm not serious, shame on you for thinking I am).

Genetic issue? Once again your low views of people of ethnicity shine through. Of all the countries you have listed football is nowhere near the number one sport played in their respective country. From all of your posts its so clear that you thinm people of ethnic backgrounds are of lesser status. But yet again the admins show their ineptitude by letting you post this crap. If I were to go off topic I may get banned. But when Theno shows us what he thinks of a certain race a blind eye is turned.

I thought he made a good point, number one sport or not I think its unbelieveable there is not or I have never seen or heard of one PL standard player from any of the Asian countries listed.

I think your twisted it into some sort of racism.

A Dr I work with (does a lot of sports medicals) said to me the fastest human beings ever are always of African origin every Olmpics (generally), yet why aren't they winning and dominating the swiimming, because genetically they have a smaller lung capacity.

Bloody odd thing that when one considers that the combined population of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh is almost double the total population of Europe! Can only be some sort of genetic issue I'd imagine.

Cultural and economic, not genetic.

I didn't rule out somebody close to Venky's having your ear. Only that you're not an employee or family member and you've been supporting Rovers well before Venky's took an interest.

BTW I'd let people know about the blog, some of the work you've done on your "other" passion is seriously impressive work (even if much of it is over my head).

Proof of me being a Blackburn fan in 2007, way before Venkys bought us

I met my Venkys friend at my home university a few years back before he graduated and returned to India.

Venkys isn't that famous among the non-football fans, though. Another Indian national who came to Japan barely remembered who Venkys was. In fact, she didn't know what I was talking about until I said chicken company. Had no negative impression of Venkys, though.

I thought he made a good point, number one sport or not I think its unbelieveable there is not or I have never seen or heard of one PL standard player from any of the Asian countries listed.

I think your twisted it into some sort of racism.

A Dr I work with (does a lot of sports medicals) said to me the fastest human beings ever are always of African origin every Olmpics (generally), yet why aren't they winning and dominating the swiimming, because genetically they have a smaller lung capacity.

theno isn't exactly wrong, but his point is a bit of a stretch and I think made purely to get people riled.

There are other, more important and apparent factors as to why there are no PL standard football players.

If you look at other Asian countries, countries like Japan and South Korea have been developing a lot of good quality players recently, yet countries of people with likely similar genetic structure (I say likely because I'm not a geneticist :)) aren't very good at all. Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam... how many players do you know from there? Even China isn't doing so well and they have as big a population as India.

There's a common factor in countries that are producing a lot of good talent, and countries that aren't.

theno isn't exactly wrong, but his point is a bit of a stretch and I think made purely to get people riled.

There are other, more important and apparent factors as to why there are no PL standard football players.

If you look at other Asian countries, countries like Japan and South Korea have been developing a lot of good quality players recently, yet countries of people with likely similar genetic structure (I say likely because I'm not a geneticist :)) aren't very good at all. Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam... how many players do you know from there? Even China isn't doing so well and they have as big a population as India.

There's a common factor in countries that are producing a lot of good talent, and countries that aren't.

Its not just that, many immigrate and get invloved at British schools and culture, 2.4 million in the UK, kids had to play football at my school along with other sports.

And what about tennis, running.

Amir Khan boxer shows it can be done, although he is lightweight.

• Backroom

Im saddened that you have been pushed to reveal this just to shut up the conspiricy lot Black Burn.

On the other hand, you are a talented lad.

I echo that I think it's poor that he's had to do that to justify himself to some.

Im saddened that you have been pushed to reveal this just to shut up the conspiricy lot Black Burn.

Agree 100%, it's a poor do. Especially as using the same criteria that got Black Burn hounded as a Venky's stooge, there is a far more compelling case that a certain Malta-based poster is a Ali Syed stooge.

Agree 100%, it's a poor do. Especially as using the same criteria that got Black Burn hounded as a Venky's stooge, there is a far more compelling case that a certain Malta-based poster is a Ali Syed stooge.

Even though there is a HUGE difference here. Black Burn although NOT employed, NOT in the family etc etc. There is a little link of his friend who knows the venkys. Which for the sake of Black Burn, I suggest that there is no need for anybody to gripe about.

Is there any link, with regards to philip, at all, however minor to syed? If not there is the difference.

Black Burn is a good poster - I may not agree with his opinion etc - my choice.

:lol:

I agree! As was your belief that Black Burn was Barry White in disguise!

Is there any link, with regards to philip, at all, however minor to syed? If not there is the difference.

Apart from his endless trumpeting of the Syed bid, being given sight of Syed's alleged bank statement, rubbishing of the BBC revelations, his shock horror disbelief that the Trust had booted Syed into touch, immediate tirades against the Venky's and his playing down of the anti-Syed website, I would say he had been perfectly even-handed!

Even though there is a HUGE difference here. Black Burn although NOT employed, NOT in the family etc etc. There is a little link of his friend who knows the venkys. Which for the sake of Black Burn, I suggest that there is no need for anybody to gripe about.

A coffee spit post if ever I saw one!

Genetic issue? Once again your low views of people of ethnicity shine through. Of all the countries you have listed football is nowhere near the number one sport played in their respective country. From all of your posts its so clear that you thinm people of ethnic backgrounds are of lesser status. But yet again the admins show their ineptitude by letting you post this crap. If I were to go off topic I may get banned. But when Theno shows us what he thinks of a certain race a blind eye is turned.

What stupidity. Of course genetics plays a part. Do you walk around with your eyes closed? The best distance runners usually hail from east Africa, the best sprinters are invariably of negro origin as are the best boxers. Very very few of them are any good at swimming.

Can your wet views explain those away?

When you've made a fudge of that you can then explain why there are quite a few Americans and Australians plying their football trade across Europe, bearing in mind that football is not the No1 sport in either the USA or Australia either.

I'd bet you hadn't even thought of such until I've just brought it to your attention. So now you've had time to think then tell me exactly what you put these strengths and weaknesses down to if it isn't genetics?

I'd say it's you who needs a word or two from board moderation for being nothing but a complete WUM.

:lol:

You've got -3 points simply for having a laugh with EiT! :lol:

Seriously gunner the intellectual capability of some on here is unbelievable. It's why democracy has run it's course imo. These people who cannot scratch their arse and pick their nose at the same time have the same voting rights in elections to choose our leaders as captains of industry, army officers, professional people etc etc.

What stupidity. Of course genetics plays a part. Do you walk around with your eyes closed? The best distance runners usually hail from east Africa, the best sprinters are invariably of negro origin as are the best boxers. Very very few of them are any good at swimming.

When you've made a fudge of that you can then explain why there are quite a few Americans and Australians plying their football trade across Europe, bearing in mind that football is not the No1 sport in either the USA or Australia either.

I'd bet you hadn't even thought of such until I've just brought it to your attention. So now you've had time to think then tell me exactly what you put these strengths and weaknesses down to if it isn't genetics?

I'd say it's you who needs a word or two from board moderation for being nothing but a complete WUM.

Not that I particularly want to engage with you but I think you'll find that the word negro isn't much used anymore.

Secondly, you accusing someone of being a WUM is the most stiking case of 'pot kettle black'I've seen for quite some time.

Not that I particularly want to engage with you but I think you'll find that the word negro isn't much used anymore.

Secondly, you accusing someone of being a WUM is the most stiking case of 'pot kettle black'I've seen for quite some time.

Now now yeti, in such discussions, negroid, caucasian, etc are accceptable terms.

You've got -3 points simply for having a laugh with EiT! :lol:

Seriously gunner the intellectual capability of some on here is unbelievable. It's why democracy has run it's course imo. These people who cannot scratch their arse and pick their nose at the same time have the same voting rights in elections to choose our leaders as captains of industry, army officers, professional people etc etc.

Is this a quote from Dr Strangelove??

Well firstly I don't much care for your use of the word 'negro' Thenodrog. I hope it isn't reflective of underlying outdated and unpleasant attitudes.

Anyway, to your point. It is undeniable that the worlds greatest long distance runners tend towards East African origin and the world's finest sprinters are all either West African, or have a very strong West African ancestry. I think there is only one person to run a sub 10 second 100m who does not have West African ancestry, and I think he was an Australian aborigine [facts not checked - feel free to correct me].

There must be some inherent strengths within those African populations - that when averaged out over millions of people - means that a few individuals are physically more adept at certain types of running, and can achieve speeds that human beings with a different ancestry can not achieve.

However, your mention of sports such boxing, swimming and football are far more complex as there is so much more to these sports than sheer speed, strength and stamina. For example, access to facilities, infrastructure and culture and tradition could all be argued as far more important in determining a population's abilities and performance in these sports. I really hope you are not insinuating that the Indian sub-continent does not produce good footballers because they are on average perhaps slightly smaller than Europeans. Or even more absurdly that maybe they are less co-ordinated ??!!??

There maybe something in an argument concerning mental attitudes and culture. The Indian Cricket team and the England Football team on the whole under-perform, where as the Australian Anything team on the whole over-performs. But this has absolutely bugger all to do with genetics!

Archived