BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radosav Petrovic

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I haven't given up hope on Petrovic yet. I expected him to adapt a little quicker, but the club is in a state on and off the pitch so he can't be fully blamed for struggling to adjust. From what I saw of him on the international stage I genuinely thought he had what it takes, will be very disappointed if he doesn't become a good player for us.

I've not seen anything in Petrovic to say he is good enough for our league. Fair enough he's young and hasn't played many games so there is hope for improvement, but he's no pace, no discernable talent at tackling and can't shoot. His passes are often poor and he only tends to complete them if it's the simple ball. I can forgive wayward passes if the aetistic intent is there (as with Tugay) but he seems too timid to try anything daring. He's ponderous on the ball, he's quickly closed down and he's no leader. I hope for his sake and ours that things improve for him but so far he hasn't made me consider buying a shirt with his name on it.

On top of that, his looks and frame me think he looks like a goth version of Rodney Trotter.

Quite why you think we didn't need a centre half after selling a now (and should have been earlier) England international is beyond me.

We certainly didn't need a £7 million centre half. Samba and Givet are an excellent pairing. We needed to add some depth but to make our main signing in our strongest position defied all logic.

We certainly didn't need a £7 million centre half. Samba and Givet are an excellent pairing. We needed to add some depth but to make our main signing in our strongest position defied all logic.

Dann and samba could be a quality cb pairing but we don't have a midfield that can offer any protection to the lads at the back sign a decent cm and we have the makings of a not it bad team tho i think we need a striker too as the yak can't do it all i'd perhaps play holliet off the striker but at the moment he is a weak link in our team as he offers nothing going backwards.

Dann and samba could be a quality cb pairing but we don't have a midfield that can offer any protection

Samba and Givet could be a quality pairing. Totally agree about the midfield. Doesn't that tell you where the £7 million should have been spent?

Samba and Givet could be a quality pairing. Totally agree about the midfield. Doesn't that tell you where the £7 million should have been spent?

It's a bit of a which came first the chicken or the egg scenario but if we had spent that money on say Jermaine Jones it Wouldve worked out better. Saying that hindsight is a wonderful thing and I was very happy with the signing of Dann on deadline day. I even remember having a little sambucca to celebrate!!

bit harsh!,

i think he has more footballing ability than nzonzi for example and a lot of people rate nonzi highly(im not so kean on him, not sure what he offers other than height), petrovic just needs to bulk up a bit and get used to the pace which is a difficult thing to do at the best of times nevermind when the teams playing crud and theres no real leaders in midfielder to show him the ropes and help him adjust.

Ever the optimist! The story of Kean's transfer dealings is one of players who will one day (possibly, hopefully) be terrific. Meantime they are of little use now and now is when we need them.

Petrovic has looked completely out of his depth in arguably the key position for us. A really terrible signing.

New players do need time to adapt but you can see straight away if they are good enough or have the potential to be.

He's a poor player and not good enough for me. We really need a centre mid that can drive into gaps and impose himself on every game. Winning the ball and covering plenty of ground.

Intresting to note that Gamst covered nearly 2 miles more than most other players on the park against Swansea (can't remember where I came across this) and I do like him as one of the two in the centre due to this work-rate.

to be honest i think the 1(and only), good thing kean has done is to sign some good(potentially very good) young(under 25s), unfortunetely he hasnt been able to attract/sign any quality established players to play in key positions(yak being the exseption) and then theirs myles and bruno(but tbh i dont think they where his signings).

From what I've seen so far, I would rather have Andrews in the squad than Petrovic.

Honestly, he moves like an aircraft carrier. David Weir probably has more speed in his legs, and he's over 40 years old.

Let's hope he can improve that aspect of his game, as I don't think he has enough redeeming qualities to be effective in this league if he doesn't.

From what I've seen so far, I would rather have Andrews in the squad than Petrovic.

Honestly, he moves like an aircraft carrier. David Weir probably has more speed in his legs, and he's over 40 years old.

Let's hope he can improve that aspect of his game, as I don't think he has enough redeeming qualities to be effective in this league if he doesn't.

he is quite handsome though :wub:

Le chuck, the first games of the season in particular, and others since, have shown how poorly covered we are at cb. That's all I feel the need to say on it. 7.5 mill was more than we needed to spend there.

I said we needed cover. We didn't need a £7.5 million centre back though. Samba and Givet are excellent centre backs, we just needed to add some depth. You really think we should be spending £7.5 million on back up?

£7.5 million was needed on a proper central midfielder, that's where we desperately required someone for the first team and not just to provide cover.

I said we needed cover. We didn't need a £7.5 million centre back though. Samba and Givet are excellent centre backs, we just needed to add some depth. You really think we should be spending £7.5 million on back up?

£7.5 million was needed on a proper central midfielder, that's where we desperately required someone for the first team and not just to provide cover.

sure we could have got someone as good as Dann for 2 or 4 million anyway, think he was a bit over priced.

Obviuosly someone started a rumour Liverpool and Arsenal were after him (which we all doubt is true now) and his value rocketed to a Samba level, when really there was no evidence he was even in Samba's league (well he wasn't he was relegated but you know what I mean).

sure we could have got someone as good as Dann for 2 or 4 million anyway, think he was a bit over priced.

Obviuosly someone started a rumour Liverpool and Arsenal were after him (which we all doubt is true now) and his value rocketed to a Samba level, when really there was no evidence he was even in Samba's league (well he wasn't he was relegated but you know what I mean).

Yeah I agree with that. I think the same happened with Roger Johnson too, plenty of rumours about him going to bigger clubs and he ended up at Wolves for a similar fee. He's been dropped now, as I suspect Dann will be.

Perhaps it's should be no surprise that Dann isn't very good. His CV reads Walsall > Coventry > Birmingham > Rovers. The only season that comes close to justifying a £7 million fee was his first season at Birmingham, when they had a decent season. They were relegated the year after.

The more I see him, the more I think he's an incredibly average centre half who had one good season and managed to build a reputation on that. I'm not too sure what he does. He's not particularly fast, he's not very physical, he's not very aggressive, and he doesn't seem to get involved in the 'blood and guts' defending that Samba and Givet do. Reasonably composed on the ball and not a bad reader of the game, but so are a lot of players.

Yeah I agree with that. I think the same happened with Roger Johnson too, plenty of rumours about him going to bigger clubs and he ended up at Wolves for a similar fee. He's been dropped now, as I suspect Dann will be.

Perhaps it's should be no surprise that Dann isn't very good. His CV reads Walsall > Coventry > Birmingham > Rovers. The only season that comes close to justifying a £7 million fee was his first season at Birmingham, when they had a decent season. They were relegated the year after.

The more I see him, the more I think he's an incredibly average centre half who had one good season and managed to build a reputation on that. I'm not too sure what he does. He's not particularly fast, he's not very physical, he's not very aggressive, and he doesn't seem to get involved in the 'blood and guts' defending that Samba and Givet do. Reasonably composed on the ball and not a bad reader of the game, but so are a lot of players.

Nail on head, Dann just doesn't seem to excel in anything. He's decent at almost everything but I do feel to be a success in the EPL , then you need to be strong in one or more attributes.

It's why I'd stick him at RB for now, as we need one and I do feel to have some joy with the way we play we must have Samba and Givets 'blood N guts' defending as you termed it. It really annoys me that we persist and have done so now under 2 managers with playing Givet at left back, good enough at CB for france and a champions league final, but alas seen as a LB at Rovers, Bizarre, extremely.

Archived