BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radosav Petrovic

People are giving opinions based on what they have seen. That seems to be a big problem around here sometimes.

Just in case people think it's just the moaners on here:

Vital football.

Petrovic 4 Looking poor. Really needs to start to up his game if he is to live up to expectations

David Goodwillie 5 Looked out of his depth, not the start we wanted to see.

Would you disagree with any of that?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are giving opinions based on what they have seen. That seems to be a big problem around here sometimes.

Just in case people think it's just the moaners on here:

Vital football.

Petrovic 4 Looking poor. Really needs to start to up his game if he is to live up to expectations

David Goodwillie 5 Looked out of his depth, not the start we wanted to see.

Would you disagree with any of that?

I would agree with all of that but I wasn't expecting immediate performances, particularly from Petrovic.

I really want to see Petrovic play a full Premiership game to see how he copes.

If it was not for his international caps, which shows he must have something about him, i'd be really worried about the guy!

David Goodwillie has no excuses for his fitness; he's nowhere near to the shape of a young Premiership footballer.

David Goodwillie has no excuses for his fitness; he's nowhere near to the shape of a young Premiership footballer.

I find Kean's quotes about Goodwillie, without going over the top, truly astonishing.

"I thought that would have been a dynamic that worked today and he worked his socks off, that much so that he ends up with cramp in both hamstrings and calves, he was totally on empty."

How many strikers in any league - never mind the Premier League - are unable to run, apparently from relatively early in the game, because of cramp in both hamstrings and both calves? You have to ask two questions.

First and foremost, why?

and secondly, if he isn't fit enough, then why can't Kean see this in training. Why did he start him? He's a top coach isn't he?

I do believe what others have already commented on. This squad simply isn't fit enough for the PL.

I do believe what others have already commented on. This squad simply isn't fit enough for the PL.

The fitness of the overall squad has to be a real concern.

On Sunday, we looked like a team emerging from a congested set of fixtures and coming to the end of the season.

You can only presume that the absence of Vuckevic and Yakubu was because they were not ready for a full game.

I thought Formica put in a good shift but his fitness is not up to the rigours of full game either yet!

I think he could become a useful player given the right coaching. He's not going to get that under kean.

The sad thing is that this could be one of the most exciting squads we've had for a long time but the players are being held back through poor preparation, tactics, and general management.

We have a very good young squad with the best CB pairing outside of the top 4. We have exciting attacking players and are only really lacking at fb and up front.

My thoughts exactly.

I would not worry from what I've seen of him in international football this guy will turn out to be a good un I have to admit though he will never reach his potential under Kean not if he can't improve the players fitness.

Kalinic looked good as an international though.

The lad needs a couple of games under his belt and hel be fine! Like others have said.... hes got far more ability than the likes of grella andrews nzonzi..... he seems to me like hes just off the pace at the moment... just how JJ was when he first came... and he turned out decent!

Yep, yesterday showed that he's beginning to find his feet and getting up to speed with the Prem – long may it continue.

Looked nervous when he first came on but his confidence grew as the game wore on.

Very hopeful that he and N'Zonzi will form a great partnership in the middle.

Hope he starts against Orient because dominating the midfield in that game will only help his development and confidence levels.

It's obvious that he can play, that he has good technique, a good range of passing and keeps it simple. He has looked nervous when he has come on in games, but has settled into them and we've seen glimpses of what he can do.

The pace of the Premiership is something that will take him time to get used to. But we should bare with him as I think he will be a good player for us.

Just to bring this back to the top. I may be in the minority but I thought he did well when he came on. Kept it simple and played some nice stuff.

Looked shaky at first (with several fans getting on his back, as per usual), but settled into the game, and that was a killer pass for Olsson to win the corner for the 3rd.

Looked shaky at first (with several fans getting on his back, as per usual), but settled into the game, and that was a killer pass for Olsson to win the corner for the 3rd.

I felt awkward watching him, he looks a little slow and clumsey, no doubt a good pass, I just wonder what his roll will be, we don't need another player that can pass the ball side ways and back and I'm sure he doesn't have the agility flexibility to break play down unless he is settling in and suddenly we will see a massive difference.

I was really expecting a defnsive midefield, maybe his passing will be this "thing" I think if thats the case then Dunn will play before him when fit for the forseeable future.

Once the guy get used to the pace of the prem, I am positive he will come good. It is clear to see that he is used to getting that few more extra seconds on the ball (which has been vital to his game since he is a passer), and that is why he isn't looking that great in his appearances.

The more game time he gets and training he does will bring the best out of him.

I felt awkward watching him, he looks a little slow and clumsey, no doubt a good pass, I just wonder what his roll will be, we don't need another player that can pass the ball side ways and back and I'm sure he doesn't have the agility flexibility to break play down unless he is settling in and suddenly we will see a massive difference.

I was really expecting a defnsive midefield, maybe his passing will be this "thing" I think if thats the case then Dunn will play before him when fit for the forseeable future.

Glen says he's more in the Tugay-mould, so I doubt we'll see him crackin' skulls like JJ.

I don't think he was expected to be playing much of a part this early in the campaign so it's far too early to make assumptions on just how good he is. Half a season and we should know. Looks like he could be very decent when he gets up to the pace.

This guy is so crucial to how our season turn out. If he can keep on developing then we have a real chance staying up. You could see how he and Nzonzi immesurably improved after the first goal went in, and particularly in the second half. WIth all the young players in the side we have to keep confidence up (indeed it looks like our only established premiership regular starters this season will be Robinson, Samba, Dann, Givet and Yakubu - five out of eleven).

Newcastle will be a real test, and I imagine Petrovic and Nzonzi could start that one. THey need to show the energy and the nous to compete with established performers regularly, and also at least one of the two needs to step up and become a leader on the pitch.

This guy is so crucial to how our season turn out. If he can keep on developing then we have a real chance staying up. You could see how he and Nzonzi immesurably improved after the first goal went in, and particularly in the second half. WIth all the young players in the side we have to keep confidence up (indeed it looks like our only established premiership regular starters this season will be Robinson, Samba, Dann, Givet and Yakubu - five out of eleven).

Newcastle will be a real test, and I imagine Petrovic and Nzonzi could start that one. THey need to show the energy and the nous to compete with established performers regularly, and also at least one of the two needs to step up and become a leader on the pitch.

You are so right with that last sentence. I said the same yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

what did people think of him today, I thought he was quite wasteful or disapeared.

I know we have to wait 9 months to 48 months for him to come good so we shouldn't really discuss him until then.

Difficult to judge him based on the fact we were 10 men behind the ball.

He certainly doesn't seem like a box to box player like Jones who can charge the pitch, he's pretty slow, Nzonzi was much better today then Petrovic.

Archived