BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wstu: we need to sort out the location of where we are to march from? one thing we need is where do most fans travel from? Livesy Branch rd is a decent area but I believe a lot more do come from towards town.. the police will have the final say.. THIS MEANS WE HAVE TO MAKE THAT EXTRA EFFORT WHERE EVER IT IS DECIDED FROM.. :wstu: I suggest a short walk from the OLD HOSPITAL and main protest JACK WALKER END as most people come that way if we have a gathering of over 2000 we should get more fans involved and there is enough space.. time I would say 2pm.. :wstu:

Guest Rovers4Good

:wstu: we need to sort out the location of where we are to march from? one thing we need is where do most fans travel from? Livesy Branch rd is a decent area but I believe a lot more do come from towards town.. the police will have the final say.. THIS MEANS WE HAVE TO MAKE THAT EXTRA EFFORT WHERE EVER IT IS DECIDED FROM.. :wstu: I suggest a short walk from the OLD HOSPITAL and main protest JACK WALKER END as most people come that way if we have a gathering of over 2000 we should get more fans involved and there is enough space.. time I would say 2pm.. :wstu:

Ok what about saying we go from the Moorings pub but anyone on their way past to the ground we stop and get them on board? Get there early doors to make sure more people know what we're doing and also get the press involved early on? We need to notify them by Thursday morning at the latest?

Been helping Glen with the press release. Details will hopefully be released later today including the stating point of the march. It will start at 11.30am.

Time for fans to decide whether they are going to take part or be passive observers. If the majority are against Kean then this is YOUR chance to voice your disapproval, if turnout is low then Kean will again claim that the majority of fans are behind him.

Sweet can you open a new thread when you get this sorted?

how about a start point of uncle jacks, would be apt given the opposition to the current regime

I think that’s abit unfair….Whilst Venkys have made some big mistakes early on, it appears they have jumped into bed with the wrong people (Kean/ SEM/ Kentaro/ JA) – Get rid of that disease and the club will start to grow again hopefully. The owners wont be leaving, so lets not turn this into a Anti Venkys protest…..which unfortunately I can see happening.

Ok Guys, its been a busy couple of days and a big effort from everyone who has emailed in ect and helped out.

A big thanks to OZTHEMAN Who is organising the flyers for the game,

A big thank you to all those behind the scenes who have been helping and giving good advise.

This is where we are at:

A press release has now been done and is currently being issued to various media outlets throughout the UK and also in Norway and Denmark.

This is a couple of pages long which highlights the reason for the march.

A dossier which consist of peoples feelings and thoughts has been put together which is like a book there is that many pages, Big thank you to everyone who has took time out to make those plea's

The March has been properly organised with the Press, The Police and will be stewarded on the day to ensure its kept peaceful and gives a good impression of the town and club, We don't want Anti-Social Behavour and people chucking themselves at camera men to knock them over like the last protest which was terrible.

The reponse has been huge and the numbers of attendee's is going to be massive, What we need now is everyone who can physically make it to come with your familes, friends, even if you can't make the game.

The protest will leave

Havelock Inn at 11.30 a.m prompt people need to be there at least 15 minutes before the march begins.

Havelock Inn

Havelock Road

Blackburn

BB2 2QA

This venue has been chosen afer talks with the police due to safety reasons, as a large number of people marching in Busy roads needs to be kept to a minimum, I have never been to the venue before but it was recommended, by others and as this is your march I left it open for people to recommend somewhere.

On the day instructions will be given for how the march will go ect, from people who have volunteered to help steward the event, and of course the police will also be briefing everyone.

Please PLease make the effort to come if You want Steve Kean removing as I guarantee this will tip the scales once and for all.

I imagine the press will be looking for people to give interviews and views, please volunteer for these as you can say how you feel.

We get one shot at this, and it has took lots of organising, Most importantly, we need to support the team on the ground and raise the roof of Ewood, If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Anyone who is coming please put a yes in this thread so I can gauge numbers correctly, because if it exceeds the our conservatory number of attendee's then more stewards and police officers will be required

Thank You

PS Spread the word, all forums, all blogs, all newspaper comment boards and twitter, this is your club, and its worth fighting for

Can't get up for this game but am right behind you.This man has got to go.Will have access to watch the game so hopefully see the protest as well. :brfc::brfcsmilie:

Same here. Totally gutted. I live in Sussex, nearer to France, than London or Blackburn. This protest has to receive publicity. That is all people like you and I can do, keep an eye on the media, keep our eyes and ears open and try to get messages to those involved in the march. Let them know what is being reported outside of the Blackburn area.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yes and let's hope the protest is a good natured affair where we can get our point across in the best way possible and no loutish behaviour :)

We are Rovers and United we stand. :)

I think that’s abit unfair….Whilst Venkys have made some big mistakes early on, it appears they have jumped into bed with the wrong people (Kean/ SEM/ Kentaro/ JA) – Get rid of that disease and the club will start to grow again hopefully. The owners wont be leaving, so lets not turn this into a Anti Venkys protest…..which unfortunately I can see happening.

You have raised a good point Hughesy. As I have mentioned in the past I have no confidence in the owners. But I am hoping they have turned a corner and that all the mistakes they made were down to bad advice.

Therefore on the owners, I will hold back any protest, anti owner posts etc.

The first target for Rovers supporters now is to get rid of Kean. This protest, subject to the publicity, may or may not show us if the owners are listening. It could show how far they have turned that corner.

For the moment any anti - venky's stuff has to wait for, maybe, another time. Even chanting Jack Walker's name could, sadly, be detrementle. We do not want the media coming out and saying the march was in rememberance for Jack. Protestors have to be very careful in what they chant during the march, because of misconceptions by the media. The march is not about venky's (yet) or about in rememberance of Jack Walker (which is something, in my view should have been done a few weeks ago)

The protest on Saturday is about kean. If supporters turn it into an anti - venky protest as well. The owners may dig their heals in and keep Kean for the sake of it.

So my view is the protest has to be with regards to kean alone.

Date and time of march has been posted on another thread,

Havelock Inn

Havelock Road

Blackburn

BB2 2QA

Having to pass out my season ticket for the game on Saturday as I`m off to America for a week - would defo be there for the march beforehand otherwise. Going to see if i can get a few others to turn up in my place :-)

It only has my buy in though, if its peaceful and not full of idiots intent of creating a scene or using it as a springboard for something else

Archived