BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

There are 71 League managers (-1 Sam!) who would jump at the chance to manage Rovers, plenty of managers of european clubs and approx 20 managers with premier league experience currently looking for work. I'm sure we could not do worse than what we have. He our worst ever manager manager remember. Fact.

So to this point, with our owners only intending to put £5m into our coffers every season, you want us to spend 800k to sack Kean, then spend another few million buying a manager out of their contract/from their club... Removing all the backroom staff if the new man deems it necessary... I just don't see it. Proven skin flint owners, with a dodgy relationship with agents means we will most likely be jumping from the fire, directly into the frying pan.

Like I said before, protest all you like, the only thing that will cost SK his job is results. He doesnt have long left if results don't improve. The protest will just heap more and more pressure on the players.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The protest is about sacking the manager. Your post highlights the ignorance of 100's of fans who haven't considered the reaction to sacking the manager.

I will be walking to the game from the Manxman on saturday, simply to avoid the group of fan's who are (in my opinion) causing the extra pressure our players do not need on saturday.

what was the reaction to sacking Harford in 1996? a home win at Liverpool 3-0 under Parkes, he dropped Donis and Bohinen and put together a team that finished 13th.

You need to pay attention to history, you are showing as much knowledge as Venkys, your very naive if you think Kean's record is acceptable.

Have you considered what would have happened if Harford or Ince were not sacked?

There are lots of good managers on the market.

I just think you are looking for attention.

So without this extra pressure the players do not need do you think we will win?

I think a team plays better without nerves. The best example I can give you is when we beat a much stronger arsenal team 2-1 (irony?) under Allardyce, after we had secured safety.

Less pressure/nerves/tension = confidence and improved performance in players. It's basic psychology.

I disagree with this march for several reasons. I'm not going to go into my opinion on SK because that's for another thread.

I like the idea of the fans uniting for the same cause, but I feel that this could cause more negatives than positive. Unsettling the players is the main thing you are acheiving by this, because results are the only thing that will affect SK's position. He is not "unsackable" (even though this is something suggested by the Venky's) so you can guarantee he will be removed from his position if we are bottom after 10 games.

I honestly don't care if you think this will be too late, I could cite as many precedents to prove you wrong, in the same way that you could provide examples of teams with similair bad starts who have ultimately been relegated.

The time and place for a protest was immediatly after the Sam Allardyce departure. That single decision has turned our reputation as a well run club, to a mass laughing stock in the press. A protest at this point will (in my opinion) cement our poor form, based on my belief that the players still seem to want to play for SK. Protesting before the game will just heap more nerves and tension on the players, much like the way the "open letter" did last week (evident in the Fulham game)

I hope people can understand that; even though I have a different point of view, I still have the club deeply in my heart. I want the best for BRFC and I think the fan's uniting with the players, regardless of the manager, is the best way to go.

father_ted.jpg

Interesting viewpoint, however is it the march you are against or the collective Kean out feeling?

As you intimate, there is a bugbear for you with Kean but you care not to mention it which to be fair is your perogative but a little strange given that ultimately this is what this is about.

Unsettling the players ... think there is evidence to suggest this has already happened and not from the fans - personally I don't think the 'open letter' had any bearing of the performance at Fulham at all.

As for guarantees - there is no guarantee (results have not made a difference thus far and neither have performances by the look of it) that he will be sacked if we are bottom after 10 games and this is in a way what I suppose the protest is all about.

Uniting with the players - the fans have been doing that since last season and have been very patient in that respect so that doesn't wash in my book.

I understand that it is not just you with a different opinion and I hope this post doesn't come across as patronising, as its not intended to, but something needs to be done to make people sit up listen and show its serious and not just a minority(the letter last week was taken as a joke by many - including Kean himself)

In addition, it would appear to me given the little snippets Glen has been dropping,is that this protest will give evidence to open 'certain persons' eyes.

As for massive laughing stock - are we not that already, and if not we are very close, so its a gamble that has to be taken.

All those against the 'Kean out' have every right to be Anti and express their opinion as you have here and I'm sure those Pro will respect that, however I have yet to here of any counteractive to say what else can the fans do.

Action needs to be taken - time will tell whether it was right or not and is communication of the majority of fans ( arguable?) - something that has been in sort supply coming( truthfully) from the club and their mouthpiece over the last 12 months

Interesting viewpoint, however is it the march you are against or the collective Kean out feeling?

As you intimate, there is a bugbear for you with Kean but you care not to mention it which to be fair is your perogative but a little strange given that ultimately this is what this is about.

Unsettling the players ... think there is evidence to suggest this has already happened and not from the fans - personally I don't think the 'open letter' had any bearing of the performance at Fulham at all.

As for guarantees - there is no guarantee (results have not made a difference thus far and neither have performances by the look of it) that he will be sacked if we are bottom after 10 games and this is in a way what I suppose the protest is all about.

Uniting with the players - the fans have been doing that since last season and have been very patient in that respect so that doesn't wash in my book.

I understand that it is not just you with a different opinion and I hope this post doesn't come across as patronising, as its not intended to, but something needs to be done to make people sit up listen and show its serious and not just a minority(the letter last week was taken as a joke by many - including Kean himself)

In addition, it would appear to me given the little snippets Glen has been dropping,is that this protest will give evidence to open 'certain persons' eyes.

As for massive laughing stock - are we not that already, and if not we are very close, so its a gamble that has to be taken.

All those against the 'Kean out' have every right to be Anti and express their opinion as you have here and I'm sure those Pro will respect that, however I have yet to here of any counteractive to say what else can the fans do.

Action needs to be taken - time will tell whether it was right or not and is communication of the majority of fans ( arguable?) - something that has been in sort supply coming( truthfully) from the club and their mouthpiece over the last 12 months

Respect to you sir for the balanced argument. People can have different opinions, one cannot say whether Pro or Anti is correct at this point. I didn't want to talk about Kean's credentials as it's not relevant to the thread, but it is relevant to me explaining my opinion; I have no confidence in him, but I have less confidence in the replacement, whoever it will be ultimately

Is it being sensible wanting to give the manager a few games to show us if he can do it with a team he's put together?

Ok then I'm sensible but it will hardly mean us playing Peterborough next season just because a calm thoughout decision was made. :blink:

Steve Kean

13 Dec 2010 - Present Games 27 Won 6 Draw 8 Lost 13 Win % 23.00

He's had a few games.

I think a team plays better without nerves. The best example I can give you is when we beat a much stronger arsenal team 2-1 (irony?) under Allardyce, after we had secured safety.

Less pressure/nerves/tension = confidence and improved performance in players. It's basic psychology.

OK...but that wasn't my question.

OK...but that wasn't my question.

I'm good at that. A modern Neil Kinnock.

I sure will be zac.

I always want the best for the club, Kean remaining manager is to the club's detriment,

Blindly backing incompetent people is not supporting the club.

Causing unrest in the changing room/training ground is not supporting the club either.

But that's the way it is. Different opinions and all that. People who are "Anti-Protesting" don't instantly become fans who are "pro-venky's or Kean".

I will give this a rest for a bit, as you can see I have a lot of feeling for this subject.

are you going to be marching.. phillip ?

what about.. theno.. mercerman.. 47er.. mattyblue and others.. who are very visable with there postings on here!

i wont be there. 'the artist' and will's post sums things up for me- at present.

Perhaps you prefer writing to reading other folks' contributions.

The answer is very early in this thread.

Guest Rovers4Good

People need to know that this protest is solely for Kean out nothing else.

We hope to have a peaceful protest as this is our family club and we hope it will remain that way. :)

We will head towards Ewood Park from the Havelock and people are free to join if they wish and for those who feel Kean needs more time then great you are free to do whatever you wish but this march is our one and only time to let the whole world know that we are not happy with what is going on, on the pitch and with Kean as our manager and if you feel let down by Kean later down the line then a protest will probably not happen so the time for action is now.

Also, yes bring kids as we'll be doing everything in our power along with the police to make sure that there is absolutely no trouble as this is the last thing we need. :)

You be a sensible fan pal - and we'll see you at Peterborough next season.

I wouldn't have thought that Ferguson Junior could get Peterborough into the Premier League. Certainly not next season! ;)

I won't be there for a number of reasons:

• Age;
  • Infirmity; and
  • I'm not yet sure how I'm getting over to Blackburn for the game [if I get a lift, I'll be in a different pub; if I don't, I'll be getting train and bus directly to Ewood].
  • I'm also not sure how effective the march will be.

While I don't think the media will necessarily see us as a laughing-stock for this march [even though the way Mark Pougatch made one of the authors of the "open letter" on Radio 5 on Sunday afternoon seem inarticulate and not clear-thinking didn't do the anti-Kean cause any favours], I don't think we'll get the sort of respect that the Everton protesters are receiving for their objections to the way their club's being run. [it's a different situation, I know; they're looking not to get rid of Bill Kenwright, but to attract other, bigger, investors.]

Also, if Kean is as close to the owners as he likes to crack on, he'll be able to brush off anything less than a demonstration of at least 1,000 as being a small group of mischief-makers.

Btw, do any of the people who post "inside" information, by which I mean stuff the ordinary fan sitting in Row 20 wouldn't be aware of if they didn't read it on here, know how the first team squad would view such a march? No guesses, please; but an indication of the players' feelings about the march would be interesting.

Trouble! You are walking a few hunderd yard to the ground, just before kick off. Along with fans that just happen to walk that way week in week out. How can you even imagine there could be trouble?

Unless the Rossers start arresting people for foul and abusive language. And that wont happen as they only arrest non threatening people ( easy targets ), who are isolated from large groups...

So no trouble then.

No its not, it definately depends on the individual player, when there was no pressure on me both in cricket and football, I didnt perform well, when the pressure was on for me to do well, it lifted my game, we need pressure,

the Wolves game last season was a pressure game, remember what happened?

And thats basic psychology too, it works!!

Respect to you sir for the balanced argument. People can have different opinions, one cannot say whether Pro or Anti is correct at this point. I didn't want to talk about Kean's credentials as it's not relevant to the thread, but it is relevant to me explaining my opinion; I have no confidence in him, but I have less confidence in the replacement, whoever it will be ultimately

And vice versa for yours.

Don't see how you could have less confidence though on who a replacement would be without knowing who it was - or is it a case of better the devil you know - given the atrocities of our so called owners since they took roost?

There's been alot of spouting going on from the club and likewise on here (and other places) about what we should do without anybody actually doing anything.

Now one side has acted and has put its cards on the table - so credit to Glen and Co in that respect

Let the Fireworks begin.

Also, if Kean is as close to the owners as he likes to crack on, he'll be able to brush off anything less than a demonstration of at least 1,000 as being a small group of mischief-makers.

im expecting around 4,000 to march. Well... the open - anonymous letter gave specific numbers.

im sure they'll all attend ?? :rolleyes:

im expecting around 4,000 to march. Well... the open - anonymous letter gave specific numbers.

im sure they'll all attend ?? :rolleyes:

"I read the news today oh boy, four thousand protesters in blackburn lancashire."

What a headline that could be, even if its 500-1000 it will be in the paper as 4000.

"I read the news today oh boy, four thousand protesters in blackburn lancashire."

What a headline that could be, even if its 500-1000 it will be in the paper as 4000.

:lol: very good, chris. parody of 1 of my favourite songs.

however, sadly, humour wont distract if the final number of protesters is low!

Archived