BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

Kean Out flyer

As my small contribution to the protest, I have printed out 500 copies of the above flyer on A4 paper and will be bringing them over from Dublin on Saturday.

It would be fantastic if a few other people could print out some copies and distribute them. I know OZMAN is doing some as well... the more the merrier I say!

KEAN OUT

Very good. Can't be there on Saturday as I live in Bangkok but 4 members of my family in UK will be.

Meanwhile I'll print a copy of your flyer and pin it to my dart board.

KEAN OUT

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah, woah, woah! It's neither fair on either Glen or this site for you to get THAT wrong. It's Glen organising it, nothing to do with BRFCS other than this is one of many sites it's being discussed on!

Personally, I feel the rest of your post is unnecessary FUD, but that's less important

Woah, woah, woah! It's neither fair on either Glen or this site for you to get THAT wrong. It's Glen organising it, nothing to do with BRFCS other than this is one of many sites it's being discussed on!

Personally, I feel the rest of your post is unnecessary FUD, but that's less important

Did your parrot write this post?

Maybe we are the same person or have swapped indentities :-)

I really wish I could make this, but work would look very unfavourably at my face on TV, especially linked with a protest. Good luck guys and I hope you challenge (verbally or straight to the Police) any individuals who try and cause trouble.

So those who think shouldnt be a protest on saturday...how many more games should kean have, another one, then another one, then another and another one, come christmas, still routed to the bottom of the league, still coming on complaining about how awful the game was, how bad the way we played, that roberts was chosing yet again when he does nothing, that something needs to be done but not sure what....lets just give him one more game!

Congratulations on the organising Glen and others involved, unfortunately bit far way to get home for this, but be with you in spirit, and as said above if a fighting fund is set up for flyers etc, would happily contribute

I wonder if one of the mods or maybe even Glen? could set up something for money to be donated to the cause. This would enable us to create more flyers and maybe a banner or two.

This is really starting to come together and Its gathering momentum with the media already as Glen has stated.

I shall be coming down with a banner that has 'Kean Out' on :)

Roll on Saturday!

Over 600 signatures on the petition all ready after being started just yesterday!

The curtain is coming down Mr Kean.

It would be wise to take your bow and exit the stage before the curtain comes down on you.

But you won't get your payoff that way, will you?

To the people saying:

"Oh well, erm I don't want Kean, but erm I don't think that telling people about how we feel will do any good, erm yeah this is the best we can do, back the team."

Your lack of backbone is frightening.

At this stage it really doesn't matter what comes next. The fact remains that the longer he is in charge, the less likely we are to survive. He is not a manager and never will be. People I know who have no football knowledge whatsoever ask me why Rovers haven't got a real manager yet. It is beyond pathetic.

Here is your chance to finally make a difference, here is your chance to get a message across to the owners and yet people are still hiding in the shadows.

If you have any love for this club, you will go to the protest on Saturday at help redirect this course of self destruction we are currently firmly stuck on. Do not look back in May and think 'Maybe if I'd said something back then, things might be different.'

Even if the protest is not a success, it is far easier living with the knowledge that you tried and failed. It is far harder to live with the regret that you never tried to make a difference.

We were frowned upon when we sat in after a match and called for Fox Out!!!! not many of us, about 200.

But if you look around you on Saturday you will notice a fabulous ground, top flight status, oh and a champions season.....

Protest works!!!!!!

Time to stand up and be counted again!!!

We were frowned upon when we sat in after a match and called for Fox Out!!!! not many of us, about 200.

But if you look around you on Saturday you will notice a fabulous ground, top flight status, oh and a champions season.....

Protest works!!!!!!

Time to stand up and be counted again!!!

Who arranged for a certain Jack Walker to buy into the club? No other than Mr Bill Foxx......

I now regret the fox out protest, i was young and got carried away. Dont feel the same about the sack saxton protest outside the nuttall st stand, he like kean now hsd to go. Looking forward to voicing our feelings on saturday

The money from Colin Hendry spent on a new van fleet didn't help Mr Bill Fox, good man, had his time.. Always had Rovers best interest at heart.

Who arranged for a certain Jack Walker to buy into the club? No other than Mr Bill Foxx......

He did indeed, but did need a little nudge.

I can completely understand some people's trepidation and even opposition to the protest.

I have never actively protested in my life - I've grumbled, moaned, complained, threatened and withdrawn my custom from various situations but I never dreamt I would join a protest march.

Here, in a few short paragraphs, is why I'm marching:

I'm not going to bang on about my years of support or how many generations that support goes back as I suspect we are all in the same boat. What I do every other weekend is go to watch my heroes - It's part of my life.

I surround myself with my favourite people, including my wife, child and sister and people who have become very good friends and we all enjoy the experience that is Blackburn Rovers live. In November our season was going relatively well and we were all excited about a takeover and the positive vibes coming from the new owners, after all their intention was to make Rovers great again!

Then inexplicably Sam Allardyce was sacked and not long after Steve Kean was installed as manager. There was no good reason given and there was no precedent to fall back on. There are very few Managers brought into Premiership Teams as their first job and none that have ended well.

The league's bottom team, West Ham were our next opponents and a malais, only lifted by victory over a fast declining Liverpool, set in and remains to this day. We all sat there at that West Ham game staring ahead and in a daze and really hoping that we had already accrued enough points to save us from relegation because we knew then that this was going to mean trouble for our team.

Between that game and the eventual last day relegation battle which we had predicted we lost several good men, not least Jon Williams and Tom Finn. Our ship not only had no engine or sails, it now had no rudder.

So who do I complain to? Where do I voice my displeasure? Who is accountable or responsible for the state of this club (a club which 12 months ago was widely considered to be one of the best run clubs in the land). Comments columns, local journalists and internet forums are all we had but no one listened to that. We have no chairman, we never see our owners and our Manager has been granted far more patience than most other sets of fans would stand for despite several indiscretions, some more serious than others.

I felt TOTALLY AND UTTERLY HELPLESS! I still cannot fathom why anyone thought it would be a good idea to promote one of the coaches to Manager.

Anyway, it turns out I wasn't the only one feeling like this and NOW I HAVE A VOICE that may, just may, be listened to. It's very likely that it will make no difference as the owners seem ready to back their man despite all the evidence.

But I will finally have had my say.

And that's why I'm marching.

Archived