BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

No - there is no reason to assume once he has gone - but there is every good reason that things will continue as bad as they are or progressively worse if he stays.

At least it would be a start and make the 'cretins' take notice

Worse...How could it be worse?

Jehovah...Jehovah...Jevovah!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no reason to assume anything will get significantly better once he's gone.

In basic terms the way I see the current situation.

Kean stays = Rovers get relegated.

New manager = Rovers get relegated or stay up.

I see only one outcome of keeping Kean and that is we go down. If you take his points average over the course of his tenure so far and the performances on the pitch we won't have enough to stay up. Ah but what about last season when we stayed up on the final day? Sam left us in a mid-table position with a decent points total, take that away and we would have gone down last season.

With a proper manager we still might go down as this is a competitive league. But the way I see it is our chances of staying up increase significantly with a new manager.

Shame the press release didn't just refer to the premier league stats that looke even worse than the 5 wins in 25 matches figure (I think!!)

He has managed 5 wins - that rare that they stick in the mind : West Brom*2, Liverpool, Bolton, Wolves.

Only two in last eighteen since 01 Feb. though !!!

Zac being deliberately obtuse? Nay!

Yes zac, I have heard the 4000 repeatedly, but where was this figure plucked from?

I forget the exact details but it was a misinterpretation of info Glen sent to Henry Winter at the Daily Telegraph. In that info Glen stated the Wolves (or perhaps Everton) gate was down by 4,000 and cited this as an example of people voting with their feet. This figure somehow got translated into 4,000 fans had signed / supported "the letter." Glen did correct this on here and maybe elsewhere I don't know. As far as I am aware it has no basis in fact, MB membership etc. etc.

As with all media stories the whole thing has grown and the 4,000 has become gospel, which is touch unfortunate but this is how it goes with the press.

A fans protest was the only way to gain national recognition for the current the plight we find ourselves in.

Well done to Glenn for getting this organised, that alone has brought the most attention from media outlets. Back in the olden days you’d just turn up and protest on Nuttall Street, but this course of action has already shown results and is clearly the best way forward.

Has it been mentioned on here about the 1 man protest after the Everton game outside the main entrance?

He has managed 5 wins - that rare that they stick in the mind : West Brom*2, Liverpool, Bolton, Wolves.

Only two in last eighteen since 01 Feb. though !!!

If I was Paul Ince I would scream racial discrimination. After all, he got sacked even though his record was better than Kean's.

Smacks of double standards.

Unlikely, I know, but it will all look rather silly if we happen to beat Arsenal playing great football with Kean making great substitutions. If this does happen, and there are no further protests, Kean could claim this as some sort of victory.

Is the reason it is happening before the game so that it is seen as a long-standing apathy towards the manager, and not a reaction to a poor performance if it took place after the game?

I've mixed feelings about the protest. I want Kean to be fired, but I find it frustrating that the owners can't see this for themselves. It make me nervous about who will be appointed next if they clearly can't see that the current manager is so poor. I don't think we have a choice now but to protest, but I just hope it works and we can move on.

No matter what anyone says, a fans protest that is all over the media will affect the dressing room, so a change of manager needs to be dealt with quickly and professionally. If Kean isn't fired and this drags on with fans/Venkys/manager/players relationships deteriorating, we will go down for sure.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here Zacc.

If fans want to protest, they'll protest. At some point, if results don't improve, the protests on the ground will dwarf anything done pre-match. Why argue against it - there's nothing you or I can do about it. The lads and lasses marching will be doing something "positive" to try and improve things at Ewood. Good luck to them.

One other thing. I'll be backing them, but because of a couple of reasons I wont be marching. There will be many, many people like me. Your argument that anyone not marching doesn't back the protest is just silly.

den.. and the others. i have repeatedly given my views throughout the thread! go back and read the posts.

i mention the majority of the 4,000 should be marching.. and also where reference to the 4,000 is.

im not being obtuse.. just showing that it is easy to sit behind a computer and clammer for things to happen.. but once a march is organised, the majority of those wont attend.. no matter what the reasons and excuses (valid or otherwise).

I forget the exact details but it was a misinterpretation of info Glen sent to Henry Winter at the Daily Telegraph. In that info Glen stated the Wolves (or perhaps Everton) gate was down by 4,000 and cited this as an example of people voting with their feet. This figure somehow got translated into 4,000 fans had signed / supported "the letter." Glen did correct this on here and maybe elsewhere I don't know. As far as I am aware it has no basis in fact, MB membership etc. etc.

As with all media stories the whole thing has grown and the 4,000 has become gospel, which is touch unfortunate but this is how it goes with the press.

PAUL.. our own fans and including those from vital even stand by the figure of 4,000. again listen to the 606 podcast! ;)

I've mixed feelings about the protest. I want Kean to be fired, but I find it frustrating that the owners can't see this for themselves. It make me nervous about who will be appointed next if they clearly can't see that the current manager is so poor. I don't think we have a choice now but to protest, but I just hope it works and we can move on.

I think you had hit the nail on the head for the majority Drunx :tu:

Perhaps us Riversiders should join in the protests by leaving early.

Oh....errrrr.

The cameras are on us most so get your Kean Out posters held up ver you heads on the first dozen rows.

I have thought of other things we could do but better not expand on it here.

Just been looking at the comments about the march on LET website. Some of our "fans" are as delusional as Steve Kean. Many of them argue against it because... Deep down, they can't be bothered... It's obvious. That sort of attitude symbolises exactly what is wrong with many of our fans and what is wrong with our town... If you're one of these folks then you should feel ashamed of yourself.

I for one, can see the good aspects of Keans managerial style BUT I will be attending on Saturday because I wan't a manager the fans can relate to, someone that has been appointed to the role with the approval of the fans, someone that has knowledgeable FOOTBALLING mind and most of all... Someone the fans can trust.

Yes, the timing of it is questionable BUT it's better to try and make a change now than before it's too late.

Kean can't win the fans over now... That is the only thing that is "too late".

Just been looking at the comments about the march on LET website. Some of our "fans" are as delusional as Steve Kean. Many of them argue against it because... Deep down, they can't be bothered... It's obvious.

Many of them argue that he's asked to be judged after the transfer window - so he's only had 1 game, and we drew that away from home.

Good grief!

Many of them argue that he's asked to be judged after the transfer window - so he's only had 1 game, and we drew that away from home.

Good grief!

I bet he is! Because the previous 25 matches have been brilliant! :rolleyes:

There's no helping or changing some people.

PAUL.. our own fans and including those from vital even stand by the figure of 4,000. again listen to the 606 podcast! ;)

Well they are quite simply wrong. I only know what I posted because I read it in a post by Glen Mullan after the Telegraph article.

and for the non-believers who want evidence of absolutely everything here is Glen's post from The letter to DT thread:

Seen the original letter, and I they have now posted it on Vital, and its a mis-quote from the paper, The only reference of 4000 fans is the opening day attendance was down by that from the previous season

Actually I think Glen did mention that he was disappointment with elements of the article, I think that might include the 4000.

I think it added impact.

I don't know how many people protested at Everton all I know is they did protest, seemed lots and it made the news, thats the impact.

I thihnk thats job done personally on their part.

Actually I think Glen did mention that he was disappointment with elements of the article, I think that might include the 4000.

I think it added impact.

I don't know how many people protested at Everton all I know is they did protest, seemed lots and it made the news, thats the impact.

I thihnk thats job done personally on their part.

Led to believe there was around the 500 mark protesting at Everton.

A 1000 marching on Saturday would be hell of an achievement.

I have a feeling it will well exceed the 1000 mark given the amount of media attention it is now receiving.

Archived