SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding a poll..

Glen and Glenn have both made the point that the prostest is designed to enable fans to still support the team, hence the protest will be completed by 12.10

Just thought I'd point that out. You can still take part in the protest and fully support the team.

Glen and Glenn have both made the point that the prostest is designed to enable fans to still support the team, hence the protest will be completed by 12.10

Just thought I'd point that out. You can still take part in the protest and fully support the team.

That may be true, but having seen the likes of what I've read on twitter yesterday etc, despite all intentions theres no way that some of the tensions from the protests wont spill over into the ground.

I can't believe some of the apathy on the LET boards. Just posted this:

Steve Kean would have been able to find the 'positives' of the situation while standing on the deck of the Titanic as it sank.

Those calling for him to be given more time ought to wake up and smell the coffee.

PLAYED 27. WON 6.

It's utterly ridiculous that he is still the manager of our once proud football club.

Supporting your club does not mean standing idly by as we plummet towards the championship... as so many of you on here seem all too happy to do.

There is nothing at all to suggest that Kean has the leadership qualities or tactical nous to get us out of this mess.

Did you see the second half against Fulham?

Did you see the rank lack of organisation and poor fitness levels?

Go ahead and mock people who have the passion to try to act before its too late... but don't come crying in a few months when you've seen where your "more time" has got us.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Ill-judged; ill-timed move by a small minority of fans which will serve only to damage the Club.

From lusorover on the LT website.

Sums up my thought's exactly.

That may be true, but having seen the likes of what I've read on twitter yesterday etc, despite all intentions theres no way that some of the tensions from the protests wont spill over into the ground. Ste B.

Once again bob on. I started off admiring Glen's courage and passion for the club, but the more I consider the implications, the more I feel this is just too negative. The only reason why the press are involved is to sell papers, and the press have sold a lot of papers from taking the ###### out of the fan's and club for too long. How naive would you have to be to think the press are here to paint the fans in a good light? BS, they only consider their own jobs/careers, and will find the most damaging thing they can - For example "a drunk/drugged up moron/chav/EDL member in a rovers shirt, shouting racial abuse."

It's nailed on that this whole fiasco will just make the club look more stupid on the whole. How ###### spoilt must you be to believe that this is a cause that need's protesting? How arrogant is Glen to believe he should be the one to force the owners hands? (dream on)...

Now Kean has his own team, he has nothing to hide behind. If results don't improve he will be gone, regardless of some protest.

Cue the negative's...!

I have thought of other things we could do but better not expand on it here.

How about a co-ordinated mass mooning?

Everyone could have portraits of Kean's shiny head on their backsides (two pictures, one for each cheek - get a close friend to do the drawing) and then flash the cameras at a prearranged signal, or every time an Arsenal goal goes in. It would show exactly what we think of him.

Anyone?

Let's be serious for a moment.

Is anybody willing to come on here and argue that the gulf in class between Arsenal and Rovers will be bridged by Rovers being better motivated with better tactics, better selection and better fitness on Saturday if Kean is still boss?

I accept Rovers might win if the entire Arse has a prolapse but that will have nothing to do with there being a march or not.

Ill-judged; ill-timed move by a small minority of fans which will serve only to damage the Club.

That may be true, but having seen the likes of what I've read on twitter yesterday etc, despite all intentions theres no way that some of the tensions from the protests wont spill over into the ground. Ste B.

Once again bob on. I started off admiring Glen's courage and passion for the club, but the more I consider the implications, the more I feel this is just too negative. The only reason why the press are involved is to sell papers, and the press have sold a lot of papers from taking the ###### out of the fan's and club for too long. How naive would you have to be to think the press are here to paint the fans in a good light? BS, they only consider their own jobs/careers, and will find the most damaging thing they can - For example "a drunk/drugged up moron/chav/EDL member in a rovers shirt, shouting racial abuse."

It's nailed on that this whole fiasco will just make the club look more stupid on the whole. How ###### spoilt must you be to believe that this is a cause that need's protesting? How arrogant is Glen to believe he should be the one to force the owners hands? (dream on)...

Now Kean has his own team, he has nothing to hide behind. If results don't improve he will be gone, regardless of some protest.

Cue the negative's...!

I almost spat out my drink reading this, I literally laughed out loud.

Damage the club, that's a good one. It's so shiny and pristine, we can't be having that can we. Bloody hell... REALITY CHECK FOR THIS MAN PLEASE!

Is anybody willing to come on here and argue that the gulf in class between Arsenal and Rovers will be bridged by Rovers being better motivated with better tactics, better selection and better fitness on Saturday if Kean is still boss?

Even if they brought in Alex Ferguson with Pep Guardiola as his assistant, Rovers would still only beat Arsenal one lucky time in 10.

Maybe this could be Kean's day, and the march could motivate the players to kick Arsenal off the park in support of the manager.

Even if they brought in Alex Ferguson with Pep Guardiola as his assistant, Rovers would still only beat Arsenal one lucky time in 10.

Maybe this could be Kean's day, and the march could motivate the players to kick Arsenal off the park in support of the manager.

I know of one player in particular that couldn't wait to get away from Kean.

Spoke extensively about his dislike for him

Not Mr Diouf either.

Cue the negative's...!

While I agree with the bulk of your comments regarding the press I think you show an element of disrespect to Rovers fans. I will be there, I'm 57, I won't riot. Yes there may be some yobs but the way I read this is we have a real protest from sensible, grown up fans. If I thought this would turn out to be a fiasco - your word - I wouldn't go near it........and I will walk away if it does turn into anyhting other than a reasonable protest.

The press is not always negative and we may be lucky - this is what Everton fans achieved last weekend Guardian 09/09/11 and Observer 10/09/2011 - I don't think we can call this negative press.

Cue the negative's...!

hello its me again , and no I aint stalking you, but you are the only poster on here who seems to be able to give valid reason/points against the demo.

.... as before though there is a but from me.

How is it that other clubs seem to be able to organise demo's for whatever reason without it turning into a catastrophe or mob of unruly element - yet some Rovers fans seem to think it will be a nailed on certainty on Saturday?

I have no doubt that some of the tension will spill over into the ground its inevitable - but even without the demo there would have be some form of tension anyway.

It may be me , but if people are worried about what other's think of us or the media - why bother supporting Rovers?

There are arguments either way as to whether a protest/march is a good thing or not, time will tell as usual.

I just hope that it will all pass with no trouble from non fans hijacking proceedings, and that our point is got over to the venkys.

I really dont see what else the fans can do to express our fears/worries for the future of our club with the present owners/manager.

The big issue is what happens if Kean is forced out, have we got an experienced replacement?

Although we dont own the club we must make our feelings known as longstanding ROVERS supporters concerned about the direction our club is being led.

Good luck to the marchers/protesters they have a right to be seen/heard. ROVERS till I die.

I know of one player in particular that couldn't wait to get away from Kean.

Spoke extensively about his dislike for him

Not Mr Diouf either.

Can you elaborate ?

It would be interesting to hear what he disliked about Kean because as an outsider I get the impression that a lot of players like Kean.

Can you elaborate ?

It would be interesting to hear what he disliked about Kean because as an outsider I get the impression that a lot of players like Kean.

A player that left this summer.

He rightly thought that it was a joke that Kean was manager.

That is what it is, a joke. That isn't even my personal feeling, it is the cast iron truth. If this protest has a low turn out then there is little doubt that people no longer have enough love for the club to help save it.

Club call article, I think this really shows statistical support for the protest:

Steve Kean's position as Blackburn boss will come under scrutiny on Saturday as up to 1,000 fans plan a protest march to have him axed.

Rovers' fans are not happy with the Scot's record of just 23 points from 33 Premier League matches since he replaced Sam Allardyce at the end of last year.

Full Article

That may be true, but having seen the likes of what I've read on twitter yesterday etc, despite all intentions theres no way that some of the tensions from the protests wont spill over into the ground.

This has been said over and over. The timming of the protest has been done so that it does not spill over onto the stands. Get behind the team, I fully agree with. There is no protest against the team. Just the one who claims to manage it.

Maybe this needs to be said by everybody AND REPEATED on all the threads associated with this topic. Or even on the front page of the messageboard, for all are going to march on saturday. Even though I believe that is the plan anyway. If it can be done to reassure those who do not agree with, do not want to participate in the protest in anyway - after all they have a right to their opinion - even if others think it daft. They are still fellow Rovers supporters at the end of the day. Both sides want success on the field every match Rovers play - this includes Saturday. I fully support the protest and understand why it needs to be done.

I therefore suggest to those marching on Saturday, have the protest, then once in the ground, get behind the team like you've never done before.

NO PROTEST INSIDE THE GROUND. GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

I can envisage the anger spilling into the stadium if Rovers get spanked 5 or 6-0 by Arsenal (quite realistic looking at our second half display against Fulham). After the start we have had that would probably happen even if there wasn't a march/protest going on before the game. Nearly every fan I have spoken to simply has had enough of this manager.

This has been said over and over. The timming of the protest has been done so that it does not spill over onto the stands. Get behind the team, I fully agree with. There is no protest against the team. Just the one who claims to manage it.

Maybe this needs to be said by everybody AND REPEATED on all the threads associated with this topic. Or even on the front page of the messageboard, for all are going to march on saturday. Even though I believe that is the plan anyway. If it can be done to reassure those who do not agree with, do not want to participate in the protest in anyway - after all they have a right to their opinion - even if others think it daft. They are still fellow Rovers supporters at the end of the day. Both sides want success on the field every match Rovers play - this includes Saturday. I fully support the protest and understand why it needs to be done.

I therefore suggest to those marching on Saturday, have the protest, then once in the ground, get behind the team like you've never done before.

NO PROTEST INSIDE THE GROUND. GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

Well said. Either way, all opinions must lead to the same one, that we must get behind the team. No arguing between fans, some will want Kean out, some want to give him more time, but we all want more points for Rovers.

I can't be there on Saturday, for medical reasons, but I fully support the march and really hope everything goes well. Everyone needs to know what the proper reason is for marching, not because 'Steve Kean is a proper donut' but because he it totally inept as a manager. Hopefully, most Rovers fans are prepared to back Venky's. I am. There are a lot of questions floating around about Venky's and how the club was bought and is ran, but at the end of the day, until we have real reason to force them out, they are our best chance at success. For the people attending the march, please take a moment to read through some stats etc about Keans time in charge of Rovers, and think of some strong and valid arguments to present to anyone asking for interviews. I'll be watching on Sky on saturday and will hopefully be proud of all of you doing your bit to try and take our club forward.

A massive thank you also to Glen. I know the club is a massive part of you and that has really shown. Thank you Glen, and everyone else involved for your time and effort in setting up this march, and everything else that has been done, to bring across the emotions that a lot of the fans are feeling.

Archived