BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

My post last night got a lot of peoples' knickers in a twist, when I was trying to make the point that I don't think it is the right time or place to be making a protest prior to a match. Great for players confidence, I don't think. Ewood Spark got the point admirably - thanks for that. Yes I do want Kean to succeed because it will mean Rovers are also successful. There are far worse "characters" in football than him. By the way I am not a troll as some think, having been a season ticket holder for 30+ years, so I think I am entitled to an opinion without the automatic accusation of being one by others just because I don't agree with their point of view. How childish is such a reaction?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My post last night got a lot of peoples' knickers in a twist, when I was trying to make the point that I don't think it is the right time or place to be making a protest prior to a match. Great for players confidence, I don't think. Ewood Spark got the point admirably - thanks for that. Yes I do want Kean to succeed because it will mean Rovers are also successful. There are far worse "characters" in football than him. By the way I am not a troll as some think, having been a season ticket holder for 30+ years, so I think I am entitled to an opinion without the automatic accusation of being one by others just because I don't agree with their point of view. How childish is such a reaction?

Face it, there is never a 'right time'.

I have wanted Kean to succeed for 9 months. I only want the best for Rovers, ergo his success would be ours.

Alas with him at the helm we are going down the tubes, fast. Therefore he must go, nothing personal, the bloke just can't win football matches.

Me and about 4 of my mates once waited outside the Nuttall Street and shouted "Saxton Out" at the manager in about 1982. It was when they had to go to the terraced house over the road to do their post match stuff. It didn't have a seismic effect but was mentioned by Peter White as he was with Bobby at the time. I think we just drifted off afterwards.

Did it make The Sun's back page lol

Just proves that this is a bit rare, unlike Newcastle who protest every year.

I would also like to say, at no one point have I spoke with the Daily Mirror and these quotes in the paper was not mine and no was the Hughes link

Glen, just listened to you on sports live - well done. Great coverage.

As for The Mirror, I had a bit of a sparring match with Nicko on Twitter today - seems like he is having another Kean Love-In. Bizarre.

Good luck Saturday - can't make it but will be there in spirit.

"We understand that there is sense of disappointment and anger among our fans at the recent performance of our team Blackburn Rovers, which was not up to the expectations of the fans."

The wording of that statement is annoying.

So now being a Blackburn Rovers fan means being a Venky's fan :angry:

I would also like to say, at no one point have I spoke with the Daily Mirror and these quotes in the paper was not mine and no was the Hughes link

Glen, just listened to you on sports tonight live - well done. Great coverage.

As for The Mirror, I had a bit of a sparring match with Nicko on Twitter today - seems like he is having another Kean Love-In. Bizarre.

Venkys have just released a statement on the Rovers website :

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2451255,00.html

-DL

First signs of cracking? No Champions League talk now, just talk of regaining our clubs standing in the PL. No mention of the manager neither.

Has reality has finally bit?

funny how when I hear, see or read anything Venkys they are good a defusing a situation as Glen said they are naive but you believe sometimes they care and when hear, see or read anything Kean says he really rattles me and he looks smug.

It just shows what a great job Glen is doing and the importance or getting Kean out, after Keans gone I'm sure it can be turned around.

I'm being totally optimistic about this but it is as if they are saying that they agree with us but cannot say it in direct terms presently.

They are aware that this protest is fully about Kean and yet not even one word of support for the loser...

Glen, just listened to you on sports tonight live - well done. Great coverage.

Thankyou for your kind words,

On Venkys Statement, It has no effect on the March as it will be finished well before the game kicks off, As the march will end with the March singing good positive Rovers songs to give the team 100% backing,

I want Rovers to win on Saturday and will kick every ball with them, but that is seperate from my opinion that Steve Kean has had enough time and has flopped, Steve Kean needs to go

That statement initially made me think that they were listening, the omission of talk about Kean meaning they may do something and get rid.

I then remembered who we are dealing with and feel the most likely scenario is that either they are blissfully unaware of the disdain towards Kean, or they are trying to not highlight the feeling towards their man who they trust.

My previous optimistic view of everything Rovers do and say has now been taken over by worry of everything that comes out of the club.

For the record, if the protest outside the ground means the atmosphere is enhanced inside, and the owners finally realise that Kean is bloody useless then I'm all for it. It can't carry on inside though, support must be there.

• Backroom

Think we are hitting a nerve.

Think they assumed we were backward northerners and they don't like what they are seeing.

BTW we are allowed an opinion Venkys

What gave you that impression?

Never the impression I got from them, I've always thought they were misadvised and naive at worst.

Kean on the other hand is more sinister IMO

Archived