BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

well done glen for organising this and having the courage to appear on sportsnightlivesorry I won't be there but will be there in spirit & watching on sky from sunny portugal I hope this is a success and the point gets across and well done for compiling the dossier I hope it works.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anybody who gave this a negative vote explain why they would be unhappy with this scenario?

I can't see any Rovers fan being unhappy at that scenario. I imagine -1 was clicked because it's a total fairytale and if more people bought into it, Venkys may keep Kean, and the outcome will end up the total opposite.

On the flip side why would any genuine fan want to see the club treated this way?

Let me put it in simple terms, because you are either not 'getting-it' or being deliberately obstreperous ... The member expressed a wish that everything turns out hunky-dory ... he made no claims or predictions, just a desire for every thing to turn out 'just dandy'. You voted against this wish. Why?

I like you Ewood Spark but this really is the last time I post this:

I voted against the first part of his post. I have no issue with any positive wishes.

End

Of

Story.

You know the protest has made it when it's reached the BBC Sport Football gossip column!

Wednesday's Gossip Column

Great to have momentum building so early. With the LET story still to come tomorrow then hopefully everything should be in place for a big day on Saturday. Hopefully the message is already filtering through to Venkys!

It should have been in bold though!

You are missing the point. This is a test of people's cognitive skills. Please tell me why anybody who is a rovers fan would be unhappy with the following wish :-

Giant, on 13 September 2011 - 22:55 PM, said:

Hopefully the protest will be a damp squib,Rovers will beat Arsenal and by the end of the season Kean will prove himself to be a more than able manager. If these things happen, then the doom and gloom merchants who dominate this board will have to eat the humblest of pies. Oh, and meanwhile the most important thing, the Rovers will have had a good season.

Over to you :- 'Lurid Coat' , 'Mc Love', 'chris', 'frosty' and 'BPF'.

I will try and answer this cos i also voted negative-,

Reasons-

1. This thread is about the fine details and the arrangements for saturday, there is enough threads to discuss fairy tales RE Kean.

2. Why would I want someone who would steel my wallet and then have the audacity to ask me to by them a drink running something I love?

3. If he had not stuck his oar in in July 2010, We may now have different owners,and not been cash raped (Bad word but it is late so sorry)by an agent, where the only one to profit is the agent, and the Man who wears the Managers hat, but lacks both the ability and experience to do so.

4.He has had his chance to manage the team, and the only thing we have done since he took the job is drop further and further down the table, and blow me down we are now ROCK BOTTOM NUMBER 2O, We drop anymore and its A-Z Maps out looking at where we are travelling next season in the championship.

5. I can't remember a Rovers squad being as unfit as ours since the Prem was first formed.

6. His dishonesty does not deserve to be rewarded, with a job that anyone who uses these boards would give their right arm for

7. His arrogance towards the fans is undescrible.

8. He will never match are motif ARTE ET LABORE

9. I'm a realist who believes in Maslow's theories (Pyramid of needs and wants)

10.Finally we can't afford him to keep drinking at the well, cos the club has no long term future when people play the "One for you and Two for me game"

All in all, I have never remembered a Manager more hated than this idiotic man, and have no wish or desire for him to drag us through any more poop or controversy which will risk the very club we support.

On being a test, football is about opinions, and everyone has one , and its that individuals human rights to do so. No-one's opinion is any better than anyone elses, or any less.

To single someone out for their opinion or patronise others continually to enforce yours is not nice and not clever,

I don't tend to throw a rant, but I don't like seeing others belittled for the sake of a push of a mouse botton on a - or +, Play nice, life is a challenge and football is emotional, but each other is not the enemy and not the answer.

As I said earlier in post, This thread is abour something which has been organised which people can join in or opt out through their own free will, It does not make them a better or worse person, but may just let them feel a little better about themselves regardless of what choice they have taken.

Other threads are available for debate,

So can this remain on thread please

I will try and answer this cos i also voted negative-,

Reasons-

1. This thread is about the fine details and the arrangements for saturday, there is enough threads to discuss fairy tales RE Kean.

2. Why would I want someone who would steel my wallet and then have the audacity to ask me to by them a drink running something I love?

3. If he had not stuck his oar in in July 2010, We may now have different owners,and not been cash raped (Bad word but it is late so sorry)by an agent, where the only one to profit is the agent, and the Man who wears the Managers hat, but lacks both the ability and experience to do so.

4.He has had his chance to manage the team, and the only thing we have done since he took the job is drop further and further down the table, and blow me down we are now ROCK BOTTOM NUMBER 2O, We drop anymore and its A-Z Maps out looking at where we are travelling next season in the championship.

5. I can't remember a Rovers squad being as unfit as ours since the Prem was first formed.

6. His dishonesty does not deserve to be rewarded, with a job that anyone who uses these boards would give their right arm for

7. His arrogance towards the fans is undescrible.

8. He will never match are motif ARTE ET LABORE

9. I'm a realist who believes in Maslow's theories (Pyramid of needs and wants)

10.Finally we can't afford him to keep drinking at the well, cos the club has no long term future when people play the "One for you and Two for me game"

All in all, I have never remembered a Manager more hated than this idiotic man, and have no wish or desire for him to drag us through any more poop or controversy which will risk the very club we support.

On being a test, football is about opinions, and everyone has one , and its that individuals human rights to do so. No-one's opinion is any better than anyone elses, or any less.

To single someone out for their opinion or patronise others continually to enforce yours is not nice and not clever,

I don't tend to throw a rant, but I don't like seeing others belittled for the sake of a push of a mouse botton on a - or +, Play nice, life is a challenge and football is emotional, but each other is not the enemy and not the answer.

As I said earlier in post, This thread is abour something which has been organised which people can join in or opt out through their own free will, It does not make them a better or worse person, but may just let them feel a little better about themselves regardless of what choice they have taken.

Other threads are available for debate,

So can this remain on thread please

Good stuff, even if I dont entirely agree with everything that you have said or plan to do.

"I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write" as that French geezer said. That does not apply to those on here who bully, belittle and attempt to brainwash those who dont entirely endorse the prevailing opinions.

Are there even enough of you 'majority' attending to carry the wicker man?

No that's being saved for the Venky's out march when they appoint one of their nephews as kean's replacement, I've seen the news, they like their effigy burning in that part of the world

THAT ISN'T THE POINT. People who claim to be Blackburn Rovers fans voted against a scenario that would be beneficial to the club. They are either 'Dingles in disguise' or didn't fully understand what was being said. Which one was it?

You seem to be implying that you pressed the '-' button as some sort of Pavlovian response ... no?

His statement (wish) was prefaced with the wish that the protest fail. The same protest which is designed to attract Venkys attention and induce them to make a positive managerial change. The march is a desperate (but I hope successful) effort to save the club.

So why would he, or you, wish for something to fail which is intended to save the Rovers? Are you a dingle in disguise (to use a phrase you or someone of similar opinions has used)?

The balance of his "wish" is pure fantasy supported by no objective data whatsoever.

All said, Glen's position is the far more reasonable as opposed to pie in the sky comments designed to suppress the one thing which might realistically save the club from relegation.

"Wish in one hand and do something else in the other, and squeeze them both and see which comes true." Roger Zelazny, Nine Princes in Amber.

Hopefully I bang Paris Hilton this weekend

What's your point?

Don't waste a wish on Paris Hilton. Surely you would use one of your hypothetical three on something better?

somebody on here or was it on twitter? mentioned a while back that steve kean's involvement in all of this right from the beginning, goes far deeper that what we know.

if you are that person and want to elaborate, then please do so....cause if it is as bad as what it sounds then i am defo wanting him out. regardless of his lack of managerial talent, if kean ###### off then we are gonna be even more unstable....unless somebody is already lined up.

Eh? That's up there with the rolling eyes!

Anyway, nothing drastic (I just work in a prison) but if, by any slim chance, some protesters aren't peaceful, and I am seen present I will get asked questions and probably get called in to see the big boss. Presume it's the same for off duty coppers. Not that anything could happen if I personally behave but it really isn't worth it. People have been investigated for less...usually because of some Facebook status!

I do not think anybody would be opposed to somebody not joining in because of fears of what their employers may do or not do. Especially where some jobs are concerned. It is something that is the choice of the individual.

Nothing wrong with joining out side ewood park though - at the end of the day you were just attending a football match - and got surrounded at the turnstiles by people who happen to be shouting KEAN OUT.

i will be there +2, i hope we can wipe that smirk off baldylocks' face. hope the venkys come out and meet us when we get to the ground, so we can explain our feelings to them, thats if the charletons even turn up (the venkys that is)

I am not able to get up for this match. I hope somebody videos the march and puts it onto this site.

I do not think anybody would be opposed to somebody not joining in because of fears of what their employers may do or not do. Especially where some jobs are concerned. It is something that is the choice of the individual.

Nothing wrong with joining out side ewood park though - at the end of the day you were just attending a football match - and got surrounded at the turnstiles by people who happen to be shouting KEAN OUT.

I'm not so sure Pafell. There are already posts on this thread suggesting that if you don't join the march you are not a fan.

I sincerely hope this all doesn't further entrench the Rao's.

Where are the in-the-knows now? Surely there is some inside knowledge of whether this groundswell of opinion against the manager is having an effect? I've heard approaches have been made and rejected to other managers, but that's from non-Rovers fans who could be pulling my chain. I just hope if it is true that they are having second thoughts, it doesn't change because they feel they can't be "seen" to be reacting to a mob.

I will pafell and I'll be doing all I can in the ground and through emails etc. I'm sure the majority of fans understand and if anyone does think I'm not a proper fan then that is their opinion and won't worry me at all.

Guest Rovers4Good

somebody on here or was it on twitter? mentioned a while back that steve kean's involvement in all of this right from the beginning, goes far deeper that what we know.

if you are that person and want to elaborate, then please do so....cause if it is as bad as what it sounds then i am defo wanting him out. regardless of his lack of managerial talent, if kean ###### off then we are gonna be even more unstable....unless somebody is already lined up.

It wasn't me but i thought it was common knowledge that Kean had links to Venkys associates and that big Sam was sacked as part of a Kean vendetta against him?

Kean didn't like his style of football and also when we got beat 7-1 at old trafford he was seen going into a meeting with Venkys who'd brought all their friends and family over for the game and the rest they say is history. :)

Keans a slimey, scheming yes man who needs to go before he takes us down.

Will the protest march result in Kean being sacked - maybe, maybe not.

I'm 100% certain though, that no manager can survive once the fans really decide enough is enough.

Never underestimate how the fans make or break a football club.

not mocking.. just that the numbers dont add up! 4000...1000... ??? :unsure:

You are mocking zac and it's a poor do.

Liverpool fans wanted Hicks and Gillette out, did thousands protest outside the High Court, did 20000 march before games or turn up at those city centre rallies?

Of course not, not everyone will march, doesn't mean they are not unhappy.

I do hope the protest is kept organised and has the desired effect of slapping some sense into Venky's.

Like others, I also fear it will attract the wrong sort of fan and will spill into a rabble. Which will give Venky's/Kean the perfect excuse to hide behind and completely defeat the purpose of the protest.

Good luck!

Will the protest march result in Kean being sacked - maybe, maybe not.

I'm 100% certain though, that no manager can survive once the fans really decide enough is enough.

Never underestimate how the fans make or break a football club.

I was really surprised he laughed off the fans letter. Hopefully he learnt from that mistake and if anything it rattled the fans.

Obviously his best weapon is a result against Arsenal and its got to be a win.

You are mocking zac and it's a poor do.

Liverpool fans wanted Hicks and Gillette out, did thousands protest outside the High Court, did 20000 march before games or turn up at those city centre rallies?

Of course not, not everyone will march, doesn't mean they are not unhappy.

the letter to the telegraph said it was written on behalf of 4,000 fans.. as did numerous callers to 5 live's 606, with savage.

if the 4,000 care as much as the letter points out.. the majority of them would be out marching!

its a poor do if those people dont back up what they say.. with action.

Archived