BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

You are mocking zac and it's a poor do.

Liverpool fans wanted Hicks and Gillette out, did thousands protest outside the High Court, did 20000 march before games or turn up at those city centre rallies?

Of course not, not everyone will march, doesn't mean they are not unhappy.

The difference between the Liverpool protest and our protest is that they wanted the owners out, and we're protesting to take the manager out.

Say after the game Kean is sacked, then the owners appoint a new man in charge who is not capable, are we going to continue with these protests each time we're not happy with something/someone?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are mocking zac and it's a poor do.

Liverpool fans wanted Hicks and Gillette out, did thousands protest outside the High Court, did 20000 march before games or turn up at those city centre rallies?

Of course not, not everyone will march, doesn't mean they are not unhappy.

He's one of a tiny minority of little boys with their finger in the dyke. The vast majority of Rovers fans have made their mind up about Kean (he's been given 9 months FFS) and there's no going back. Rovers fans don't like him and don't trust him.

This can only end one way now and its merely a matter of when. No Rovers manager in my lifetime has been more universally disliked than Kean.

the letter to the telegraph said it was written on behalf of 4,000 fans.. as did numerous callers to 5 live's 606, with savage.

if the 4,000 care as much as the letter points out.. the majority of them would be out marching!

its a poor do if those people dont back up what they say.. with action.

This is a good point. Steve Kean says its a minority of fans that want him out. If 20,000 Rovers fans turn up to the game on Saturday, and only 1,000 attend the march, you could argue that he has a point.

This is a good point. Steve Kean says its a minority of fans that want him out. If 20,000 Rovers fans turn up to the game on Saturday, and only 1,000 attend the march, you could argue that he has a point.

Yep, one single point against Fulham last week :lol:

Kean is quickly arriving at the point of no return!!

I think you can only represent the fans, it's unrealistic to except 20,000 fans to match.

It's in Kean nature to twist facts, so that will happen even if its 4000 or 6000 thats still a minority statistically.

But I think Kean knows the truth that easy 80%-90% overall of fans are very unhappy.

If we lose against Arsenal it will be 1000 fans protesting and 25,000 boo'ing.

I also think there will be a "your getting scked in the morning" chant.

Still a results business, Kean can only get over by winning.

Yes, you could.

The organisers must push forward the polls on messageboards and the independent poll in the Lancs Telegraph. These polls leave no reasonable doubt as to how the fans as a group, feel about Kean.

No zac, the 4000 was a figure the various websites have as members/readers etc, where else would the random number come from.

There won't be anywhere near 4000, we all know that, so why are you attempting to mock/undermine your fellow supporters?

not mocking.. again.. ! :rolleyes:

i re-iterate... if the 4,000 felt so strongly.. the majority would march!

you cannot argue that point! - or is it easy for the '4000' to hide behind their computers ??

1,000 fans is a minority!

just seen T4E's point.. exactly! :rover:

he crystalizes it.. and how this minority march may be perceived!

You don't get a majority of fans matching down the street, ergo a majoriy are behind Kean.

Ok

I need glen to explain this 4000, because it doesn't make sense to me...

do you... ??? the 4,000 is referenced all over the place!

telegraph website, soccer saturday and several fans, including the 'brother' of the autor of the letter (who supports chelsea :unsure: ) are all over 606 from last sunday.

download the podcast, matty! ;)

do you... ??? the 4,000 is referenced all over the place!

telegraph website, soccer saturday and several fans, including the 'brother' of the autor of the letter (who supports chelsea :unsure: ) are all over 606 from last sunday.

download the podcast, matty! ;)

Sorry if this is an extreme example.............

.....but Sarah Payne comes up with Sarah Law, 700,000 sign a petition offering support.

She then organises a a rally and 10,000 people turn in hope the Law comes to pass.

Does this mean 690,000 people don't care anymore?

Do PM's now comsider this a minority and scrap it?

I think your theory is flawed, but I'd agree Kean may think like you.

The point is the organisers, based on polls and feedback, believe they are representing the majority.

I don't think the protest would happen if it was representing a minority.

Facts are this protest will add huge pressure and that is the job of a protest, to push it over the edge.

also think Glen is doing a fantastic job of it, i will get mass exposure.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men

do nothing.

Sorry if this is an extreme example.............

.....but Sarah Payne comes up with Sarah Law, 700,000 sign a petition offering support.

She then organises a a rally and 10,000 people turn in hope the Law comes to pass.

Does this mean 690,000 people don't care anymore?

Do PM's now comsider this a minority and scrap it?

I think your theory is flawed, but I'd agree Kean may think like you.

The point is the organisers, based on polls and feedback, believe they are representing the majority.

I don't think the protest would happen if it was representing a minority.

Facts are this protest will add huge pressure and that is the job of a protest, to push it over the edge.

also think Glen is doing a fantastic job of it, i will get mass exposure.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men

do nothing.

comparing 'sarah's law' to this leaves me feeling very uneasy, chris! :rolleyes:

my previous posts cover it in enough detail.

i'll leave it with this.. if the 4,000 care as much as they say.. GET OUT AND SHOW IT!

It's quite sad that is has come to this and I just hope that the march is done in a constructive manner.

The fans are really all that is left of, what was, our club and it would be a shame to tarnish our reputation also.

I'm not sure what his drink-driving conviction has to do with this; his managerial record is the reason he should be sacked.

comparing 'sarah's law' to this leaves me feeling very uneasy, chris! :rolleyes:

i'll leave it with this.. if the 4,000 care as much as they say.. GET OUT AND SHOW IT!

I was hoping an example of a really really important law would show you that just because people don't march does not mean they don't care, but you still didn't understand you'll never understand.

I think I'm just going to leave you to your thoughts and own opinions, hopefully the majority on here understand the protest better.

I think we'll see thousands of fans give him heaps before the game, during and particularly after if things go bad. Be pretty hard to argue with that!

There's a fair chance the Arsenal game will be Kean's "Wigan moment". Fans have been incredibly tentative but once the tipping point is reached--that's it!

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here Zacc.

If fans want to protest, they'll protest. At some point, if results don't improve, the protests on the ground will dwarf anything done pre-match. Why argue against it - there's nothing you or I can do about it. The lads and lasses marching will be doing something "positive" to try and improve things at Ewood. Good luck to them.

One other thing. I'll be backing them, but because of a couple of reasons I wont be marching. There will be many, many people like me. Your argument that anyone not marching doesn't back the protest is just silly.

Yes, you could.

The organisers must push forward the polls on messageboards and the independent poll in the Lancs Telegraph. These polls leave no reasonable doubt as to how the fans as a group, feel about Kean.

I think Chris's post above yours has merit and yours is the perfect answer to it. I would assume Glen's dossier assists in this matter also.

The important thing is that we get this guy out. Sometimes I stop and think about the fact that this man is our manager, it really does beggar belief.

I have to say zac you are being deliberately obtuse about this whole issue.

What will happen on Saturday is simple - a few hundred, me included for part of the way, perhaps a thousand, will march in protest to and around Ewood. IF we get slaughtered by Arsenal I have no doubt we will be treated to a rousing chorus of "We want Kean OUT" from all around the ground during the game. IF we do well against the Gunners the crowd will be cheering the team on.

No matter how much longer he stays Kean is finished with the majority of the support unless and until he delivers on the promises HE made regarding players, football style and success.

It's not difficult but a few people seem intent on making it difficult.

Given that you where one of the 'in the know' posters pre season and into the transfer Window ' and to quote you that "Venkeys have lied to us" and seem to have an agenda against them I'll turn this around to you Zac -

What is your stance on the whole scenario at Rovers and how do you feel it should be navigated - ie what is your 'care'?

I 'll be impressed if there are 1,000 protestors. If I was the manager of Rovers and saw 1,000 people getting together and marching like this I would know the gig was up.

It's very easy these days to be a keyboard warrior, to moan and snipe all day via Internet, so massive credit to all concerned for getting this actually moving.

The difference between the Liverpool protest and our protest is that they wanted the owners out, and we're protesting to take the manager out.

Say after the game Kean is sacked, then the owners appoint a new man in charge who is not capable, are we going to continue with these protests each time we're not happy with something/someone?

Good point. Kean might get sacked but the same poorly advised bunch of cretins who appointed him will still be in charge.

There's no reason to assume anything will get significantly better once he's gone.

Good point. Kean might get sacked but the same poorly advised bunch of cretins who appointed him will still be in charge.

There's no reason to assume anything will get significantly better once he's gone.

No - there is no reason to assume once he has gone - but there is every good reason that things will continue as bad as they are or progressively worse if he stays.

At least it would be a start and make the 'cretins' take notice

Archived