BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think if we lose heavy Kean might resign, surely this is too much pressure.

I don`t think he is the type to resign, not without something else to go to - personally I wish he would go back to coaching, however it probably won`t be at Rovers after the way the fans treat him (which is justified in my view).

Good article here on Rovers http://blogs.soccernet.com/blackburnrovers/archives/2011/09/leaving_craven_cottage_on_sund.php

The march is only about the manager, not the team, but I`m not sure how that can be communciated, so the likes of Glen, if you have hooks in to sky sports or the LET can it be made clear the players aren`t the enemy as if to speak.

We do need to have a manger to come in though, we can`t leave it in the hands of Jensen or a.n.other, we need someone with experience to steady the ship a.s.a.p

So just for the hell of it,

What if we win the next three games convincingly with Kean in charge?

Then Kean gets more time.

Results are what he's judged on and over 9 months, they have been so bad it's embarrassing.

There would be no calls for his head if he had shown any competence at picking up results over the same time period.

Then Kean gets more time.

Results are what he's judged on and over 9 months, they have been so bad it's embarrassing.

There would be no calls for his head if he had shown any competence at picking up results over the same time period.

That's what I think too.

I would never hope for Rovers to lose, but I do sometimes think that every week that goes by without a new manager coming in is another week that Kean could get lucky and get a result that flatters him.

So just for the hell of it,

What if we win the next three games convincingly with Kean in charge?

what if Ince had three more, games, what if Harford had three more games.

If he gets the games and wins them all, then you have to respect that.

Starting Arsenal hey, would be a massive upset if we won.

Can sombody tell me where and when the march will be please ? Thanks !

From Glen

The protest will leave

Havelock Inn at 11.30 a.m prompt people need to be there at least 15 minutes before the march begins.

Havelock Inn

Havelock Road

Blackburn

BB2 2QA

This venue has been chosen afer talks with the police due to safety reasons, as a large number of people marching in Busy roads needs to be kept to a minimum, I have never been to the venue before but it was recommended, by others and as this is your march I left it open for people to recommend somewhere.

On the day instructions will be given for how the march will go ect, from people who have volunteered to help steward the event, and of course the police will also be briefing everyone.

Please PLease make the effort to come if You want Steve Kean removing as I guarantee this will tip the scales once and for all.

I imagine the press will be looking for people to give interviews and views, please volunteer for these as you can say how you feel.

We get one shot at this, and it has took lots of organising, Most importantly, we need to support the team on the ground and raise the roof of Ewood, If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Anyone who is coming please put a yes in this thread so I can gauge numbers correctly, because if it exceeds the our conservatory number of attendee's then more stewards and police officers will be required

Thank You

PS Spread the word, all forums, all blogs, all newspaper comment boards and twitter, this is your club, and its worth fighting for

Can sombody tell me where and when the march will be please ? Thanks !

A press release was sent out by fans yesterday confirming the march will start at 11.30am at the Havelock Inn in Havelock Street and finish at Ewood Park ahead of the 12.45pm kick-off. :wstu:

The owners are well aware of whats going on, and what is the problem.....that is clear.

Just an interesting point that the guy who does the sacking isnt Vineeth Rao or any of the guys down at Ewood......

Also as Philip says - its clear that statement has gone via PA.....but it is also clear it was put together mainly of the owners words.

The owners are well aware of whats going on, and what is the problem.....that is clear.

Just an interesting point that the guy who does the sacking isnt Vineeth Rao or any of the guys down at Ewood......

Also as Philip says - its clear that statement has gone via PA.....but it is also clear it was put together mainly of the owners words.

Who do you think is the axe man then ?

Absolutely spot-on Glenn. It is vital that this protest is seen by all as a peaceful and heartfelt protest, and is truly indicative of the feelings and frustrations of the vast majority of Rovers fans. Unfortunately I will not be there owing to family comitments, but I will be there in spirit. COYB!

Whilst it's fairly clear that this statement isn't directly from Venky's mouths I'm quite heartened to know that they are listening.

However, this statement doesn't address a single point from Glen's press release and therefore makes me more determined to march because I now know they are listening but they haven't yet heard anything.

If they want unity, support and a way out of this 'bad patch' they need to take one piece of action.

And they don't need to tell me to get behind the team - I'll be shouting just as long and loud on Saturday as I always do. Will they do that every week too?

My post last night got a lot of peoples' knickers in a twist, when I was trying to make the point that I don't think it is the right time or place to be making a protest prior to a match. Great for players confidence, I don't think. Ewood Spark got the point admirably - thanks for that. Yes I do want Kean to succeed because it will mean Rovers are also successful. There are far worse "characters" in football than him. By the way I am not a troll as some think, having been a season ticket holder for 30+ years, so I think I am entitled to an opinion without the automatic accusation of being one by others just because I don't agree with their point of view. How childish is such a reaction?

Having read this thread from the start I've decided it's pointless trying to hold a reasonable forum with the mob now, they are too far down the line following Glen the messiah, who only appeared on here about 2 months ago, wooed everyone by taking on the mantle of nicko, also never really committing to anything he 'knew'. Thriving on the attention of his new found forum congregation, and raising hopes of a great end to the transfer window...

Yakubu..Woohoo!

These 1000 fans have somehow decided they form a majority (I'd love to know how they figured that out to be a majority?), and seemingly want magical names such as Hughes or Benitez in, or... Alan Curbishley (Halle frigging lujah)!

Any alternative ideas or views are now met with dismissive and childlike retorts containing no reason, simply the assertion that to question the angry mob is to confirm ones own ignorance

Apologies if that sounded personal, but all these crap statistics and claims to represent 'the majority of rovers fans' are pretentious and insulting to the 20k or so fans not willing to join the 'poetry march'

Having read this thread from the start I've decided it's pointless trying to hold a reasonable forum with the mob now, they are too far down the line following Glen the messiah, who only appeared on here about 2 months ago, wooed everyone by taking on the mantle of nicko, also never really committing to anything he 'knew'. Thriving on the attention of his new found forum congregation, and raising hopes of a great end to the transfer window...

Yakubu..Woohoo!

These 1000 fans have somehow decided they form a majority (I'd love to know how they figured that out to be a majority?), and seemingly want magical names such as Hughes or Benitez in, or... Alan Curbishley (Halle frigging lujah)!

Any alternative ideas or views are now met with dismissive and childlike retorts containing no reason, simply the assertion that to question the angry mob is to confirm ones own ignorance

Apologies if that sounded personal, but all these crap statistics and claims to represent 'the majority of rovers fans' are pretentious and insulting to the 20k or so fans not willing to join the 'poetry march'

Pretty much spot on with most of that I'd say. I do think it's time to move on from Kean (just seen the Fulham game :( ) but reasoned debate about the subject ended some months ago around the time that the forum fell to the angry mob.

The protesters have every right to protest but unfortunately much of their number will be made up of those who refer to Kean as 'Baldylocks', 'ugly', 'clown', 'doughnut' and other such childish epithets. The very same people who call you a 'Dingle' or an 'idiot' if you disagree with them on here.

Pretty much spot on with most of that I'd say. I do think it's time to move on from Kean (just seen the Fulham game :( ) but reasoned debate about the subject ended some months ago around the time that the forum fell to the angry mob.

The protesters have every right to protest but unfortunately much of their number will be made up of those who refer to Kean as 'Baldylocks', 'ugly', 'clown', 'doughnut' and other such childish epithets. The very same people who call you a 'Dingle' or an 'idiot' if you disagree with them on here.

Love your opinion on your fellow Rovers fans.. 3-4 people on here who mostly use such phrases tongue in cheek sudenly turn into a large percentage of the protestors?

Even though I won't be able to be there on the day (live down in Norwich of all places) I kind of feel insulted at your opinion of people from my home town and believe you will find there are more than enough Rovers fans on the march to keep things civilised.

As for people who refer to you as a dingle or idiot on here, they are just passionate fans (well probably the odd nutbar but hey they are everywhere) who are didicated to Rovers and just want the best, as such they can get a little carried away at times.

At the end of the day every club in the country has it's mix of fans which is one of the things that truely stands out about football from one match to the next you may find yourself cheering like a nutter for your club while sitting next to a granny, a chav, a business man or your average working man doing the exact same.. that football dude.

Note sure on the poll attached to this.. most of the protestors will be still chanting for the team when the match starts, this really is not about the team itself but Rovers survival and the removal of the manager that a large percentage have lost faith in.

On a final note those who believe that doing nothing is the way forward.. do you really expect Venkys to remove kean when the still think he has the backing of the fans? They hardly ever go to games so a public event is the only way forward imo

Yakubu..Woohoo!

Having read your post, which i find offensive I thought I would answer as you put my name in your post.

Firstly this is the fans March, not mine not yours or any other single person. Its not exclusive to anyone, and no-one has to ask permission to join or exclude themselves for it.

If me joining BRFCS offends you, i'm sorry, I'm also sorry if planning a march also offends you, As many will varify I did not want to organise a march but was more than happy to support one, Others asked me to do this.

After months and months of reading Kean out threads and going on games and seeing that our fans are good and always support the team 100% at games, I could not see how Venkys would get the view of some fans.

Incidentally you speak of 1000 fans wanting Kean out, which is a ridiculas comment when the very site you are part of, has comprehensively shown on this one site alone through its poll, that only a handful support Kean, Whilst hundreds on BRFCS want him out.

If you are blaming me for the fans wanting him out then you have some serious issues?

I don't result to name calling and never have on this site or any other site I use, Even during the last few days when the pro Kean group have publically insulted me, insulted my wife, insulted my children and insulted my inteligence, I have not responded by throwing insults back.

Why?

Cos its all about opinions and I'm far more respectful of people than that.

Secondly, I have no wish or desire to take anyone's mantle as you call it, as I have no interest in journalism, and certianly did not do a business degree to go working for someone else!!!!

As for people not joining March everyone has a choice come or don't , no-one forcing you and no-one dissing you for not attending, so Why do you find the need to have a go at those who do want to go? Are you not being insulting at their opinion by writing points to strengthen your own opinion?

Just cos people don't join a march does not mean they don't want the manager removing, people have their own of expressing their feelings.

If you like you could start a save Steve Kean thread and put your points across in there and see how many of YOUR MAJORITY support him, because surely a minority would just roll over if attacked by this Majority of yours?

If you can provide evidence, i.e comments of support for Steve Kean which points to a Majority then I will gladly not attend a protest March, as it would be pointless if all the fans love and want Steve Kean as Manager.

These are the points i'd like to make, with as usual have no obscenities, not singling anyone out, and remaining calm throughout, but asking questions to your motive.

I appreciate your season ticket status and in years I aint far behind, but age determines that, but i'm also happily married with three daughters and don't like refering to as a MOB,

Once this protest is over, regardless of what happens with Manager please remember if your opinion does change, then you have missed the train, because any protest in 1 or 2 months time will fall on death ears, If this ultimately sends our team down this season, then I hope you can look in the mirror, cos I prefer to be someone who does not cross the road and meets issue's head on and makes a decisive decision after examining the facts.

Anyway long winded post, I have not insulted you despite you insulting me, and have not told you your opinion is wrong, Try this method , it may just make you feel better and give your postings more credibility

The debate is becoming more and more like Science V Religion.

You can give people all the facts, statistics and proof that you want but there will still people looking for a castle in the sky...

Love your opinion on your fellow Rovers fans.. 3-4 people on here who mostly use such phrases tongue in cheek sudenly turn into a large percentage of the protestors?

Even though I won't be able to be there on the day (live down in Norwich of all places) I kind of feel insulted at your opinion of people from my home town and believe you will find there are more than enough Rovers fans on the march to keep things civilised.

As for people who refer to you as a dingle or idiot on here, they are just passionate fans (well probably the odd nutbar but hey they are everywhere) who are didicated to Rovers and just want the best, as such they can get a little carried away at times.

At the end of the day every club in the country has it's mix of fans which is one of the things that truely stands out about football from one match to the next you may find yourself cheering like a nutter for your club while sitting next to a granny, a chav, a business man or your average working man doing the exact same.. that football dude.

Where did I say "a large percentage"?

You think that it's ok for "passionate fans" to refer to people as idiots for expressing their opinion but you get all offended by my fairly benign and conciliatory post? Maybe you should take it up with OZTHEMAN, he is concerned enough to start a thread instructing protesters on how to behave.

Seriously, If you "kind of feel insulted" at my opinion you should get out a bit more.

(I'm from Accy btw, so save your "my home town" stuff)

Archived