BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

When voting Yes in the latest poll I have assumed that the relevant should read ''Yes, Kean out, but should always support the team''. Hope that makes sense.

In my ideal world this coming Saturday will bring;

* a well attended very peaceful march followed by..

* a win by Rovers playing good football...

* the sacking/resignation of Kean..

* a spectacular evening on the beer ;)

oh and the suns shines.....hmmmmmmm........perhaps better to bring a brolly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I POSTED THIS ON ROVERS.CO.UK ... SO INCASE ITS TAKEN DOWN

Even though i appreciate the venky's statement .... its too little too late ....

No Press release when we did not get targets in the window , where we lost abt $22m of talent and spent far less

No press release when the manager is convicted of DD

They kept saying that there is no problem with banks and kean publically said such ..... when news leaked in press , kean says ya we had problems but now its ok ....

Now suddenly there is talk of march , they want support ??

Ok Fair , we as fans have duty to support our club and players and thus we support our owners ... but why should be stand by and see inept manager in charge and seeing our players run around like headless chickens and get tired in 70mins of any game .... in this EPL where every point counts ...we losing points like a bad politician and our manager keeps saying "we were fantastic" but everyone looks at us and feels there's points to be taken

No i do not want Hughes or O'niel .... wat we have is a good blend of european young players ... bring in someone like Micheal Laudrup , Frank Rijkaard , Van Basten , Shuster even the old master Johan Cruyff (He'll be up for a chance in EPL)

Think why would clubs like man city and chelsea are going for these young european .. because of pedigree ... But these days i would take anyone other than kean ...

i was up to give him a chance , hell if no one gave mourinho , AVB and even furgeson a chance , they won't be where they are ... but one thing i failed to realise , all of them had lower league experience or worked as assistant to masters ....

So Dear Venkys ... if blackburn is another rich men's toy ... play with it till its broken ... u have the right , u own us .... but if you think of us like a living , breathing community of people ... please have some sense of duty and pride and sever ties with agents and run the club like owners ....

and also do us indians proud ... being the first indian company to own a PL club....

I am an indian living in singapore , supporting blackburn from the time of Uncle Jack and Kenny ... :rover: :rover:

Having read your post, which i find offensive I thought I would answer as you put my name in your post.

Firstly this is the fans March, not mine not yours or any other single person. Its not exclusive to anyone, and no-one has to ask permission to join or exclude themselves for it.

If me joining BRFCS offends you, i'm sorry, I'm also sorry if planning a march also offends you, As many will varify I did not want to organise a march but was more than happy to support one, Others asked me to do this.

After months and months of reading Kean out threads and going on games and seeing that our fans are good and always support the team 100% at games, I could not see how Venkys would get the view of some fans.

Incidentally you speak of 1000 fans wanting Kean out, which is a ridiculas comment when the very site you are part of, has comprehensively shown on this one site alone through its poll, that only a handful support Kean, Whilst hundreds on BRFCS want him out.

If you are blaming me for the fans wanting him out then you have some serious issues?

I don't result to name calling and never have on this site or any other site I use, Even during the last few days when the pro Kean group have publically insulted me, insulted my wife, insulted my children and insulted my inteligence, I have not responded by throwing insults back.

Why?

Cos its all about opinions and I'm far more respectful of people than that.

Secondly, I have no wish or desire to take anyone's mantle as you call it, as I have no interest in journalism, and certianly did not do a business degree to go working for someone else!!!!

As for people not joining March everyone has a choice come or don't , no-one forcing you and no-one dissing you for not attending, so Why do you find the need to have a go at those who do want to go? Are you not being insulting at their opinion by writing points to strengthen your own opinion?

Just cos people don't join a march does not mean they don't want the manager removing, people have their own of expressing their feelings.

If you like you could start a save Steve Kean thread and put your points across in there and see how many of YOUR MAJORITY support him, because surely a minority would just roll over if attacked by this Majority of yours?

If you can provide evidence, i.e comments of support for Steve Kean which points to a Majority then I will gladly not attend a protest March, as it would be pointless if all the fans love and want Steve Kean as Manager.

These are the points i'd like to make, with as usual have no obscenities, not singling anyone out, and remaining calm throughout, but asking questions to your motive.

I appreciate your season ticket status and in years I aint far behind, but age determines that, but i'm also happily married with three daughters and don't like refering to as a MOB,

Once this protest is over, regardless of what happens with Manager please remember if your opinion does change, then you have missed the train, because any protest in 1 or 2 months time will fall on death ears, If this ultimately sends our team down this season, then I hope you can look in the mirror, cos I prefer to be someone who does not cross the road and meets issue's head on and makes a decisive decision after examining the facts.

Anyway long winded post, I have not insulted you despite you insulting me, and have not told you your opinion is wrong, Try this method , it may just make you feel better and give your postings more credibility

Where did I insult you?

Did you, or did you not join in the last few months? Yes.

Did I say this somehow affected the equality of your posts? No.

Did you invoke various emotions amongst forum readers via vague hints regarding transfer news both positive and negative without ever really committing your info in order that people could base those emotions on details? That was how I saw it - again, not criticising, just a fact

Do members on here look for the posts of people 'in the know' (sorry, I know you don't like the term but it's the correct one) in a manner which could be jokingly compared to the followers of a messiah? I'd say yes

The part where I said apologies if it was personal was only in reference to those parts directly. I did not attach the flawed statistics or the mob mentality to you directly, it was just easier to defend the parts in reference to you by arguing the points that weren't.

A poll of a few hundred forum posters (on a forum where one gets slagged off for having an alternative opinion), and have been fed stories disguised as fact (not aimed at you) for months does not equate to a majority of rovers fans.

I'm not denying that if the entire fan base was asked there is a good chance it might be proven that a majority want him out, what I don't like is using a poll on a (currently) angry and unreasoned forum being used to represent a much larger number. A lot of posters on here seem to be finding reasons why we can discount alternative views in order that it doesn't affect their 'majority' status - eg.. "he wants to give Kean a few more games now the signings are all in - he must be Venkys PR/dingle/Jason Roberts/Steve Kean's mum so we can ignore that vote"

I said a few weeks back that he should get a few more games (judge after 10 games in I think I said), and I still think that - the players appear to be behind him still, as are the owners. Ultimately I think he'll fall short, but at least he'd have had the opportunity to get the new team winning.

I do sense that even if we won the next 6 games the folks on here who are after his blood would still want him out

Where did I insult you?

Did you invoke various emotions amongst forum readers via vague hints regarding transfer news both positive and negative without ever really committing your info in order that people could base those emotions on details? That was how I saw it - again, not criticising, just a fact

Do members on here look for the posts of people 'in the know' (sorry, I know you don't like the term but it's the correct one) in a manner which could be jokingly compared to the followers of a messiah? I'd say yes

The part where I said apologies if it was personal was only in reference to those parts directly. I did not attach the flawed statistics or the mob mentality to you directly, it was just easier to defend the parts in reference to you by arguing the points that weren't.

A poll of a few hundred forum posters (on a forum where one gets slagged off for having an alternative opinion), and have been fed stories disguised as fact (not aimed at you) for months does not equate to a majority of rovers fans.

I'm not denying that if the entire fan base was asked there is a good chance it might be proven that a majority want him out, what I don't like is using a poll on a (currently) angry and unreasoned forum being used to represent a much larger number. A lot of posters on here seem to be finding reasons why we can discount alternative views in order that it doesn't affect their 'majority' status - eg.. "he wants to give Kean a few more games now the signings are all in - he must be Venkys PR/dingle/Jason Roberts/Steve Kean's mum so we can ignore that vote"

I said a few weeks back that he should get a few more games (judge after 10 games in I think I said), and I still think that - the players appear to be behind him still, as are the owners. Ultimately I think he'll fall short, but at least he'd have had the opportunity to get the new team winning.

I do sense that even if we won the next 6 games the folks on here who are after his blood would still want him out

Sadly some are just looking at results of this season, yet forgetting at the sametime results from last season under Kean. There has not been any improvement in the team since Kean took over - which is one reason why many want him out.

I have other reasons why I want Kean out, so yes even if Rovers won the next 6 matches with Kean as the manager, I would still want him out. One of my reasons, is his connection with Kentario.

If you can provide evidence, i.e comments of support for Steve Kean which points to a Majority then I will gladly not attend a protest March, as it would be pointless if all the fans love and want Steve Kean as Manager.

This point is very true.

So basically if someone doesn't vote then they automatically want Kean to stay? they are the majority.

Where is this evidence that the majority don't want Kean out, it doesn't exist.

As a Marketing Manager I know I can never get everyones feedback, you need focus group or a sample of the population.

you will find small pockets that support Kean but thats it.

:D 6 wins in a row, hard to argue with that

I'm glad you are attacking Glen and not me.

If I was you Glen I'd just take this on the chin, I can assure you as mass amount for this board will thank you for your contribution after the protest.

I think what you are doing is important in the clubs history, I don't want to say Henwah is jealous that you are getting attention, people can make their own minds up, but I think some people might be, even if thats not your intention.

I'm still pretty jealous I have not broken 20 +'s you got or 20 -'s like Philipl, I feel so average.

I'm not denying that if the entire fan base was asked there is a good chance it might be proven that a majority want him out, what I don't like is using a poll on a (currently) angry and unreasoned forum being used to represent a much larger number. A

Henwah - nothing against you - but I and I think most others would take offence at the way your post was written - if it was my name you mentioned.

Regarding the poll/majority debate: The LET published the results of an official Yougov survey asking fans whether Kean should stay. The result of that was 80% wanted him out. Obviously these fans are selected at random and under no influence of a message board.

You can view the article on line dated 10/9/11.

Just make peace with the fact that if you have an alternative view it'll get people's backs up. Steve Kean has become a hate figure amongst a lot of Rovers fans (I must point out I personally do not hate him, I just think he's in now way suited to taking to club forward) so if you are being seen to support him or try to make excuses for him, then you're supporting a hate figure. So it stands to reasons that you will get hated on by proxy.

Add to that, a lot of people see Kean as being a damaging influence on the club they love. So again, if you support Kean, you're effectively supporting the club being damaged in their eyes. Cue anger. It works both ways, some people think the removal of Kean without a proper replacement will damage the club. Similarly angry replies, although less of them, have been written on here.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I went on a forum and went against the grain of the majority, a few people had a go at me.

They might do Henwah, just like his record so far has not been enough for you to change your mind.

However, we win 6 on the trot, he's obviously going nowhere and that is fine by me as it's about wins, wins, wins.

this is the problem MattyBlue. Most fans wanting Kean out would be delighted if he won his next 6 games

However how will those wanting Kean to stay feel if he looses/draws those 6 games and we are as good as relegated?

For me, the evidence indicates that at best he will win 2 games out the next 6 - making it 2 wins in 10. Not enough to stay in the Prem.

Where did I insult you?

Get off the fence and do what Glen suggested and start your own pole

Can I just ask, why is this taking place before the match??

Surely you're all going to feel a bit stupid if we manage to beat Arsenal after protesting and demanding the manager to be sacked????

Why isn't the march afterwards??

where would you march to after the match, Pune?

Ill-judged; ill-timed move by a small minority of fans which will serve only to damage the Club.

From lusorover on the LT website.

Sums up my thought's exactly.

That may be true, but having seen the likes of what I've read on twitter yesterday etc, despite all intentions theres no way that some of the tensions from the protests wont spill over into the ground. Ste B.

Once again bob on. I started off admiring Glen's courage and passion for the club, but the more I consider the implications, the more I feel this is just too negative. The only reason why the press are involved is to sell papers, and the press have sold a lot of papers from taking the ###### out of the fan's and club for too long. How naive would you have to be to think the press are here to paint the fans in a good light? BS, they only consider their own jobs/careers, and will find the most damaging thing they can - For example "a drunk/drugged up moron/chav/EDL member in a rovers shirt, shouting racial abuse."

It's nailed on that this whole fiasco will just make the club look more stupid on the whole. How ###### spoilt must you be to believe that this is a cause that need's protesting? How arrogant is Glen to believe he should be the one to force the owners hands? (dream on)...

Now Kean has his own team, he has nothing to hide behind. If results don't improve he will be gone, regardless of some protest.

Cue the negative's...!

Your post is as negative as it gets---------a sure-fire passport to oblivion.

Surely you're all going to feel a bit stupid if we manage to beat Arsenal after protesting and demanding the manager to be sacked????

I think its safer, although I think the organisers could have got a bigger group of fans together after the game if we lost and it would have been more heated, satefy was the first concern.

I believe a key concern was safety. It's much easier to marshall it safely this way around you don't have to contend with people fired up by a crushing defeat (should we have one). I believe that was also why a march was chosen over a sit-in or picket-line style approach.

[quote name='Henwah' timestamp='1316073648' post='1144313'

What a joke. You want to give him more time even though you don't even expect him to succeed! :wacko:

You're just condemning us to an even bigger scrap (perhaps unwinnable) when the inevitable change occurs. Mind-boggling.

As I keep saying about the pro- Venky/Kean lobby--------the time is never now.

I believe a key concern was safety. It's much easier to marshall it safely this way around you don't have to contend with people fired up by a crushing defeat (should we have one). I believe that was also why a march was chosen over a sit-in or picket-line style approach.

Fair enough, that does make sense. Im not totally sure a fan's protest is the right way to go, but given our dreadful start, something does need to change quickly. Kean seems like a nice bloke and I do feel a degree of sympathy for him as he shouldnt have been given the job in the first place. But putting that to one side, he isn't the right man to manage this football club now.

The reality is that, given the size of our club and resources, we cannot afford to take a gamble on Kean coming good in this position. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season but this time around we already look relegated.

No. The march puts pressure on Kean and the owners. It highlights the problem which is absolutely necessary.

And a win against Arsenal would be excellent. 4 points from a possible 15, the start of a potential comeback. Which begs the question of why we are behind the 8 ball in the first place. We need a decent manager who can provide consistency, as opposed to the distressingly occasional points we get from Kean.

Archived