BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

It's all well and good getting Kean removed from his position but who would we get in as his replacement?

You'd have to question any manager's motives for wanting to come to us after what has gone on.

Bookies current top three:

1. Mark Hughes - would be a massive step back in his career if he did return.

2. Rafa Benitez - no thanks!

3. Martin O'Neill - would not have stood for any of the goings-on since the takeover.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all well and good getting Kean removed from his position but who would we get in as his replacement?

You'd have to question any manager's motives for wanting to come to us after what has gone on.

Booking current top three:

3. Martin O'Neill - would not have stood for any of the goings-on since the takeover.

That's exactly why we need Kean out of here.

A player that left this summer.

He rightly thought that it was a joke that Kean was manager.

That is what it is, a joke. That isn't even my personal feeling, it is the cast iron truth. If this protest has a low turn out then there is little doubt that people no longer have enough love for the club to help save it.

Many of us have heard rumblings that there is a lot of paper covering up the cracks at Brockhall.

I think that this will be tested on Saturday.

For those disaffected players, there will now be the smell of Kean's blood and, if that's the case, expect a Wigan / Ince performance.

Well said. Either way, all opinions must lead to the same one, that we must get behind the team. No arguing between fans, some will want Kean out, some want to give him more time, but we all want more points for Rovers.

I can't be there on Saturday, for medical reasons, but I fully support the march and really hope everything goes well. Everyone needs to know what the proper reason is for marching, not because 'Steve Kean is a proper donut' but because he it totally inept as a manager. Hopefully, most Rovers fans are prepared to back Venky's. I am. There are a lot of questions floating around about Venky's and how the club was bought and is ran, but at the end of the day, until we have real reason to force them out, they are our best chance at success. For the people attending the march, please take a moment to read through some stats etc about Keans time in charge of Rovers, and think of some strong and valid arguments to present to anyone asking for interviews. I'll be watching on Sky on saturday and will hopefully be proud of all of you doing your bit to try and take our club forward.

A massive thank you also to Glen. I know the club is a massive part of you and that has really shown. Thank you Glen, and everyone else involved for your time and effort in setting up this march, and everything else that has been done, to bring across the emotions that a lot of the fans are feeling.

What a top post, brought a bloody tear to my eye and yes supporters should be proud of everyone who makes the effort on Saturday, I urge everyone who can to take part in the protest to attend and march with dignity, a proper protest without stupidity or swearing etc would be 1,000 times more effective in our aims to remove Kean as Manager of BRFC

It's a bit like banging your head against a brick wall.

FFS - almost anyone would be an improvement on this clown and I'd include Brian Laws, Eddie Howe and Phil Brown, all guys with a track record at some level, unlike Kean. That's how bad things are with Billy Bullsh1t.

I'm surprised Alan Curbishley is not on there he is a sound manager, bit like Sam in that you can be pretty confident in him, and he plays better football.

Good win percentage at about 40% thats double Kean, some excellent signings in Bellamy and Parker. knows a good player.

It is going to be extremely hard to do worse then kean, well maybe Jensen.

All Charlton and west Ham got from sacking him was relegation.

A player that left this summer.

He rightly thought that it was a joke that Kean was manager.

That is what it is, a joke. That isn't even my personal feeling, it is the cast iron truth. If this protest has a low turn out then there is little doubt that people no longer have enough love for the club to help save it.

My guess is Jason Brown

I'm surprised Alan Curbishley is not on there he is a sound manager, bit like Sam in that you can be pretty confident in him, and he plays better football.

Good win percentage at about 40% thats double Kean, some excellent signings in Bellamy and Parker. knows a good player.

It is going to be extremely hard to do worse then kean, well maybe Jensen.

All Charlton and west Ham got from sacking him was relegation.

I'd take Curbishley all day long.

He's currently fourth favourite, joint with Diego Maradona and Alan Shearer :wacko:

This may be a statement of the bleedin' obvious [apologies if other people think it is, too! ;) ]; but I don't think anyone has yet spelled out the major reason we need to be totally behind the team throughout the game; it's the televised match.

Any deviation from our loyalty to the team will surely be picked up by the Sky commentary team. And, as has been noted earlier in this thread, the media's interest in something may not be our interest [or in our best interests].

How about a co-ordinated mass mooning?

Everyone could have portraits of Kean's shiny head on their backsides (two pictures, one for each cheek - get a close friend to do the drawing) and then flash the cameras at a prearranged signal, or every time an Arsenal goal goes in. It would show exactly what we think of him.

Anyone?

Jugging by the state of me and some of my fellow Riverside that would be a truly terrfying sight.

Although there is a girl on row 15...

I'd take Curbishley all day long.

Curbishley would be a decent shout and he is proven in the PL. Did a great job at Charlton and look where they are now in League 1! He a decent job at WHU until DoF bought 2 players behind his back without his approval.

Would be my 3rd choice behind Hughes and Ranieri.

Right folks, just got off the phone with Glen Mullan. The CLUB support our right to do this. The plan of action has been confirmed for Saturday. The police have been in contact, and will be there in numbers. They will speak to the marchers before we set off about how to conduct yourselves. Anyone not sticking to a peaceful protest will be removed and arrested. We will walk from the Havlock Inn to Ewood Park. We will then conduct 2 laps of the ground. (We will have to go behind the fence at JW stand) We will then meet at the Jack Walker Statue. A whistle will be blown followed by a poem being read out. We will then undertake a minutes silence and flowers will be laid at the statue followed by a few Rovers songs, and then go into the ground peacefully and back the team.

Right folks, just got off the phone with Glen Mullan. The CLUB support our right to do this. The plan of action has been confirmed for Saturday. The police have been in contact, and will be there in numbers. They will speak to the marchers before we set off about how to conduct yourselves. Anyone not sticking to a peaceful protest will be removed and arrested.

We will walk from the Havlock Inn to Ewood Park.

We will then conduct 2 laps of the ground. (We will have to go behind the fence at JW stand).

We will then meet at the Jack Walker Statue. A whistle will be blown followed by a poem being read out. Then a minutes silence and flowers will be laid at the statue followed by a few Rovers songs, and then go into the ground peacefully and back the team.

Makes you wonder why nobody has snapped him up already. Hmmmmmmm

that is true, but Kenny Dalglish was out of work for about 8 years asnd he has won the league twice, I'm sure he could have been talked into a role.

When the last time Souness managed either.

that is true, but Kenny Dalglish was out of work for about 8 years asnd he has won the league twice, I'm sure he could have been talked into a role.

When the last time Souness managed either.

Everybody was saying the same about Allardyce. Curbs was with charlton from 91-2006 so its not as if he isnt a commited character, the guy has probably wanted a break from football, especially after the west ham fiasco!

Right folks, just got off the phone with Glen Mullan. The CLUB support our right to do this. The plan of action has been confirmed for Saturday. The police have been in contact, and will be there in numbers. They will speak to the marchers before we set off about how to conduct yourselves. Anyone not sticking to a peaceful protest will be removed and arrested. We will walk from the Havlock Inn to Ewood Park. We will then conduct 2 laps of the ground. (We will have to go behind the fence at JW stand) We will then meet at the Jack Walker Statue. A whistle will be blown followed by a poem being read out. We will then undertake a minutes silence and flowers will be laid at the statue followed by a few Rovers songs, and then go into the ground peacefully and back the team.

Can everyone please read this as this is vitally important i.e conduct ect

We don't want foul and abusive language as many are bringing families and Children and you will all be in the media spotlight.

Please please respect other fans and the March

Blackburn Rovers have given this their full 100% Endorsement as have the Lancashire Police.

I will be live on http://sportstonightlive.com/ at 8.30 this evening if anyone would like to watch just follow the link,

Thankyou for your support

I'll be there, trains allowing. Really hope the message isn't ruined by anyone giving the media an excuse for a bad news story and this has the desired effect. As for who next..... we can't do any worse but we need someone with experience. Scared to hope for Hughes and can't see him coming back really.

out of interest, can any of the older guys (being i'm 28) remember any previous protests, have we done it before?

Me and about 4 of my mates once waited outside the Nuttall Street and shouted "Saxton Out" at the manager in about 1982. It was when they had to go to the terraced house over the road to do their post match stuff. It didn't have a seismic effect but was mentioned by Peter White as he was with Bobby at the time. I think we just drifted off afterwards.

Archived