BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

Has the route been confirmed?

If it goes past the Hamilton I, and others will join but not going the Havelock especially if it's closed. Should go past the Hamilton then down Bolton Road past the Aqueduct, more people will join from those 2 places I'm certain of that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be joining it myself as still think Kean should be given more time but appreciate the opposing view and fantastic effort on the organisation. Nice one for mentioning supporting the team in the ground too.

How can you believe Kean needs more time!! Can you justify that comment??

Has the route been confirmed?

If it goes past the Hamilton I, and others will join but not going the Havelock especially if it's closed. Should go past the Hamilton then down Bolton Road past the Aqueduct, more people will join from those 2 places I'm certain of that.

It's a protest march not a pub crawl!

:D

Eh?

Where do you work? North Korea?

Eh? That's up there with the rolling eyes!

Anyway, nothing drastic (I just work in a prison) but if, by any slim chance, some protesters aren't peaceful, and I am seen present I will get asked questions and probably get called in to see the big boss. Presume it's the same for off duty coppers. Not that anything could happen if I personally behave but it really isn't worth it. People have been investigated for less...usually because of some Facebook status!

how sure are we that he will be removed and they wont just try and brush it under the carpet like the open letter?

I'm not sure the letter was brushed under te carpet entirely. I firmly believe we are starting to have an effect.

how sure are we that he will be removed and they wont just try and brush it under the carpet like the open letter?

like the letter it wont be for lack of effort on our part it will unite the fans and if he looses against ARSENAL.. then WE WAIT IN THE GROUND TO CHANT KEAN OUT!! :wstu:

In recent times since Venky`s took over i`ve noticed a lot more positive press and advertisement where rovers are concerned. I think where this open letter was reported on(BBC & Sky)it seems to have been dismissed and swept under the carpet very quickly so it looks a thought the Venky`s PR machine is working very well. Although i wont be attending the march i wish you all well, but.. i fear this 1000+ turn out will ultimately be report as a`few` & `the minority` of fans want Steve Kean out.

Smile at us, pay us, pass us; but do not quite forget,

For we are the people of England, that never has spoken yet.

They have given us into the hands of the new unhappy lords,

Lords without anger and honour, who dare not carry their swords.

They fight by shuffling papers; they have bright dead alien eyes.

They look at our labour and laughter as a tired an looks at flies.

And the load of their loveless pity is worse than the ancient wrongs,

Their doors are shut in the evening; and they know no songs.

We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet,

Yet is there no man speaketh as we speak in the street.

:tu:

Until Venkies sell the club then it doesnt matter who is in charge.

They are destroying this club from the inside out and it won't be long till that damage is irrepairable. The club is a joke and a laughing stock.

Why is the march about removing the manager as opposed to the owners? Easier option? Kean is on his way shortly anyway regardless of a protest as he is terrible. So Im genrally interested to know why peoples feeling have changed regarding Venkies and they are derserving of a chance to improve when they have already damaged the club so badly.

While the current owners own the club it doesnt matter who the manager is, do you really think they are going to hire a top manager that works without inteference? No chance

sadly I disagree with people blaming Venkies they dont pick the team or coach the team OR tell the team the tactics they should use, their knowledge is limited about football.. Yes they did as advised by Jerome and his client is benefiting in a few ways the earlier he goes the better for us!! this is only for KEAN OUT..we need employers who can appoint a good new manager.. I believe these people can :excl:

Hopefully the protest will be a damp squib,Rovers will beat Arsenal and by the end of the season Kean will prove himself to be a more than able manager. If these things happen, then the doom and gloom merchants who dominate this board will have to eat the humblest of pies. Oh, and meanwhile the most important thing, the Rovers will have had a good season.

Hopefully the protest will be a damp squib,Rovers will beat Arsenal and by the end of the season Kean will prove himself to be a more than able manager. If these things happen, then the doom and gloom merchants who dominate this board will have to eat the humblest of pies. Oh, and meanwhile the most important thing, the Rovers will have had a good season.

don't we all want that?? I am NEVER in my life going to respect a drink driver who accuses rovers fans of spiking his drink in a court of law under oath,, that is shallow.. :angry2:

I don't know how many times I have posted that I would be utterly delighted to be proved wrong.

But that second half at Fulham....

There is going to be no mea culpa coming from my keyboard sadly.

don't we all want that?? I am NEVER in my life going to respect a drink driver who accuses rovers fans of spiking his drink in a court of law under oath,, that is shallow.. :angry2:

as stupid and insultingly dump as his drink driving excuse was he didn't totally say it was a fan, more that he was entertaining fans when someone spiked his drink. I do think he was suggesting a fan, but he didn't say it offically.

Still probably the worse excuse I've ever heard, just proves what a slimmy snake he is.

Two wins in 18 games...where is this good season going to magically appear from? Have we signed a 20 goal a season striker under the radar?

We are tactically inept and clearly unfit.

Not to mention that kean is a worm of the highest order.

Hopefully the protest will be a success, kean is removed and Rovers avoid relegation.

but you could say this about Harford, Kidd, Ince, if they would have stayeed in charge fans would have to eat humble pie.

You can't judge based on a possible unrealistic future only on FACTUAL history over 9 months.

If you turn out to be right you can come back and show off that you knew all along.

Can anybody who gave this a negative vote explain why they would be unhappy with this scenario?

Archived