Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The protest will leave

Havelock Inn at 11.30 a.m prompt people ",

So the Pub becomes deserted of drinkers and people spending money over the bar..... What a plan!

the pub is closed I heard, so you'll have to break in for a drink

(edit: thats not a suggestion)

"The protest will leave

Havelock Inn at 11.30 a.m prompt people ",

So the Pub becomes deserted of drinkers and people spending money over the bar..... What a plan!

But gains a lot more due to increased attendance on the day and probably in the future as more people are aware of the pub and remember it as the starting point of the protest?

Prefered it to be away from a pub this causes the press to look down on people as if the EDL or some form of hooligans are coming .. But as long as the behaviour is civilised chants are for KEAN OUT then a good gathering we could win our case over..

Also if You do want to bring your own KEAN OUT flyers you are welcome I am having A4 size done simple ones..

The message has to be simple so any camera that falls on it can pick the message up if the ball is kicked in your part of the ground just wave the flyers..

Not all those wanting to get involved will know where,

Havelock Inn

Havelock Road

Blackburn

BB2 2QA

Maybe worth putting on, if it is possible, a google map link on here for people to copy and print out.

Prefered it to be away from a pub this causes the press to look down on people as if the EDL or some form of hooligans are coming .. But as long as the behaviour is civilised chants are for KEAN OUT then a good gathering we could win our case over

Think Glen said the venue was on advice from the Police. Pubs shut, so not a bad shout to be honest.

Kudos to Glen on spending the time and effort to get something like this organised.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend due to personal reasons, wish I could be there as I really want Kean out but family comes first.

I hope the protest goes smoothly and peacefully, and that the focus of the protest will be on Kean and his removal and not on the owners. Like many others have said Venky’s are going nowhere but Kean can be forced out.

Kudos to Glen on spending the time and effort to get something like this organised.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to attend due to personal reasons, wish I could be there as I really want Kean out but family comes first.

THIS HAS TO BE OUR ONLY CONCERN!! everything else for another day just get rid of the most shallow manager on our history..

I hope the protest goes smoothly and peacefully, and that the focus of the protest will be on Kean and his removal and not on the owners. Like many others have said Venky’s are going nowhere but Kean can be forced out.

We get one shot at this, and it has took lots of organising, Most importantly, we need to support the team on the ground and raise the roof of Ewood, If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Correct on both counts.

We will join you at some point on Bolton Road / at Ewood but can't make the Havelock for various reasons.

Well done Glen, clearly a man of action

Not all those wanting to get involved will know where,

Havelock Inn

Havelock Road

Blackburn

BB2 2QA

Maybe worth putting on, if it is possible, a google map link on here for people to copy and print out.

Think Glen said the venue was on advice from the Police. Pubs shut, so not a bad shout to be honest.

http://maps.google.c...8BcWQ8QOF5fjGDg

Never been to this Public house before so dnt know the name of the roads but will look it up later and give full directions re route.

Just to clarify this is purely a "Steve Kean out only march" based on his results record, nothing more and nothing less,

The game we need everyone behind the team for 90 minutes, this is a peaceful march, with the fans showing togetherness

Same here. Totally gutted. I live in Sussex, nearer to France, than London or Blackburn. This protest has to receive publicity. That is all people like you and I can do, keep an eye on the media, keep our eyes and ears open and try to get messages to those involved in the march. Let them know what is being reported outside of the Blackburn area.

Haven't checked yet but has The LET got details of the march.

Count me in!

Can someone please tell me where the Havelock Inn is in relation to Blackburn train station?

Thanks.

I'm comming from Bolton so i'll be at Blackburn station bout 10.50 meet me there if you want cause i know where it is and I'm going. It's actually easier to get to if you get off at Mill Hill, but the Bolton train doesnt stop there.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

I disagree with this march for several reasons. I'm not going to go into my opinion on SK because that's for another thread.

I like the idea of the fans uniting for the same cause, but I feel that this could cause more negatives than positive. Unsettling the players is the main thing you are acheiving by this, because results are the only thing that will affect SK's position. He is not "unsackable" (even though this is something suggested by the Venky's) so you can guarantee he will be removed from his position if we are bottom after 10 games.

I honestly don't care if you think this will be too late, I could cite as many precedents to prove you wrong, in the same way that you could provide examples of teams with similair bad starts who have ultimately been relegated.

The time and place for a protest was immediatly after the Sam Allardyce departure. That single decision has turned our reputation as a well run club, to a mass laughing stock in the press. A protest at this point will (in my opinion) cement our poor form, based on my belief that the players still seem to want to play for SK. Protesting before the game will just heap more nerves and tension on the players, much like the way the "open letter" did last week (evident in the Fulham game)

I hope people can understand that; even though I have a different point of view, I still have the club deeply in my heart. I want the best for BRFC and I think the fan's uniting with the players, regardless of the manager, is the best way to go.

father_ted.jpg

Archived