BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only concern is... If we're getting at Kean during the game... Will it have an adverse affect on the team!?! I mean they're hardly going to enjoy hearing chants of Kean out! Le Arse will turn us over! If any protesting is going to happen it needs to be outside of the ground! But we should Definately try to encourage the team inside the ground!

I like the idea of pieces of paper with the words Kean Out being taken to the game on Saturday. Surely its not too unrealistic for 500 people to print 20 copies and hand them out to fans around them? Thats 10,000 bits of paper with 'Kean Out' being held up before kick-off.

To avoid any adverse reaction this should be done before the game, half time and at full time. When the team is on the pitch support them as normal.

I like the idea of pieces of paper with the words Kean Out being taken to the game on Saturday. Surely its not too unrealistic for 500 people to print 20 copies and hand them out to fans around them? Thats 10,000 bits of paper with 'Kean Out' being held up before kick-off.

To avoid any adverse reaction this should be done before the game, half time and at full time. When the team is on the pitch support them as normal.

Id be up for printing 30 copies out no problem, we all need to spread the word on here, Facebook, Twitter etc to ensure maximum printage!!!

My only concern is... If we're getting at Kean during the game... Will it have an adverse affect on the team!?! I mean they're hardly going to enjoy hearing chants of Kean out! Le Arse will turn us over! If any protesting is going to happen it needs to be outside of the ground! But we should Definately try to encourage the team inside the ground!

You may be right, it could have an adverse effect on the game, we might WIN!!

..THIS COULD BACK FIRE IF WE ARE BEATING ARSENAL..any ideas? :unsure:

Wouldn't worry about that.

If you want rid you need to get angry at Ewood like what I do and let him know we don't like him.

As our possesion of the ball will be less than 10% this is your ideal opportunity.

30k a week and if they can't cope with the fans calling for the managers head who sets them up wrong and fails in giving them belief and proper coaching they don't deserve to be here either. I'm sick of the 'but it will upset the poor little lambs on the pitch' argument. We will get behind the players by supporting them but the world needs to know our dissatisfaction with Kean and Saturday is the day to do it.

30k a week and if they can't cope with the fans calling for the managers head who sets them up wrong and fails in giving them belief and proper coaching they don't deserve to be here either. I'm sick of the 'but it will upset the poor little lambs on the pitch' argument. We will get behind the players by supporting them but the world needs to know our dissatisfaction with Kean and Saturday is the day to do it.

I'm sick of this idea that because someone is paid well, they're apparently supposed to have indestructible confidence and be immune to the morale damage caused by criticism. If you have a go at someone in football, they'll play worse, regardless of the level they're playing at or how much they earn. Seems a concept totally ungraspable by the section of our support who just love to throw abuse at Roberts, Pedersen and co, but thats all it ever does, makes players play worse. The manager is part of the team, hence the "we're in this together" banners plastered all over the dressing room and around the corridors of Ewood. Criticising the manager will make the team play worse, thats a given with any team at any time. I'm not saying fans shouldn't do it, if they wanna get their point across thats fine. But there should be twice as many pro-Rovers songs as there are anti-Kean songs if we want anything from a very tough game. If the fans spend their time doing nothing but projecting negativity throughout, we'll get walloped.

SKH - I think you have a point, that's why it is difficult. But in this case it has to be the lesser of two evils. For the longer term good, the fans need to show Kean that the majority do not support him and hopefully the owners will do something about it.

Liverpool fans were hostile to Hodgson last season, yes they might have lost a couple of games at home because of it, but in the end it turned out better for the club with him gone.

Part of the reason the players get paid so well is mental toughness. You see it all the time players of good ability unable to shine because they lack the mental toughness to get by in the professional game at this level whereas you get the players of limited ability who perform week in week out because they have excellent mental strengh. The ones who have both the ability and the mental side right are the world class players, I'd say you have to be mentally strong to compete in the PL before anything else. If you earn £30k a week and can't cope with abuse not aimed at you, I'm sorry but you shouldnt be earning that much money.

Normally I am very pro get behind the team and manager and the 'were in this together' banners apply to everyone associated with the club including the fans, I will get behind the players on Saturday but not Steve Kean because we as the supporters of the club are the only people who in this togetherness are the only people that can speak out against the unsackable manager, because if the players do it they risk getting the boot. If people in positions of power in the club and boardroom speak out they also risk getting the boot. But if we the fans let our feelings be known we can't get the boot, I'd love to see them trying to ban 10,000 season ticket holders for blatantly pointing out to them that the man in charge of the team is killing the club.

I'm looking for a volunteer to take control of putting some banners together for the game on Saturday.

I'm currently collecting all the emails which is going to be put together in a dossier type document,

The response has been huge, much bigger than I expected, and the precise details will be given out in due course, but a planned March for this Saturday before the game is the ultimate goal.

Thank you everyone who has been in touch so far, as people from all communities have wrote some heart felt passages and emails, which would bring a tear to most people's eyes,

We have momentum, and one final push will have Kean removed purely on his record as Manager, I'm currently finding information on developments today as I have been on a course and not been near my computer until now

Wouldn't worry about that.

If you want rid you need to get angry at Ewood like what I do and let him know we don't like him.

As our possesion of the ball will be less than 10% this is your ideal opportunity.

IT is one of the weakest ARSENAL teams in years !!

I'm looking for a volunteer to take control of putting some banners together for the game on Saturday.

I'm currently collecting all the emails which is going to be put together in a dossier type document,

The response has been huge, much bigger than I expected, and the precise details will be given out in due course, but a planned March for this Saturday before the game is the ultimate goal.

Thank you everyone who has been in touch so far, as people from all communities have wrote some heart felt passages and emails, which would bring a tear to most people's eyes,

We have momentum, and one final push will have Kean removed purely on his record as Manager, I'm currently finding information on developments today as I have been on a course and not been near my computer until now

We all await to hear what has been going on - or worse still, what hasn't.

From where?

Or it will cost £0 (yes it will cost for ink & paper to the individual) if we get 30 fans willing to print out 300-500 each??

http://www.walesprint.com/printing_offers.php

THEY have an offer on but 5 000 would cost £130 A4 OR £59 if we go for A5 we might get a discount as we only want one colour need to speak to them..

For some of us it is about time we had a new manager in charge.. But to get rid of this one we will need to get together and be united in our cause.. How should we protest to the owners who are blind in there love of a coach who thinks he is intelligent and angers most fans by continually lying to us that we were excellent when we were far from there? :angry2:

My personal suggestion would be to SING SHOUT "STEVE KEAN OUT" for the last ten-fifteen minutes of the Arsenal game.. It is being televised and the greater audience will then believe us that the MAJORITY want him out!! Prior to the game giving leaflets out advising fans of our actions.. In this manner no body will loose game time or need to make a stance after games when only a handful of people have bothered to attend..THIS COULD BACK FIRE IF WE ARE BEATING ARSENAL..any ideas? :unsure:

Be surprised if we beat arsenal ?! :(

So if we win on Saturday will people still complain?

Or even draw?

And if we win the next match?

Then what?

Some people just need to stop giving it the big 'en "Steve Kean out!" "let's get some flyers made!"

If you feel that strongly about it, get your hand in your pocket and pay for them yourself.

Support your team. Hope for the best. You never know; we might be on the turn "do you watch Rovers??" yes. I do. And we're playing ALOT better than last season. "not hard is it"

I AM INTENDING TO.. they are not that expensive 2500 for A4 probably cost around £20-£30 SIMPLE DESIGN ON PAGE THREE..of this thread.. :wstu:

I have a season ticket in the JW upper central.. £400 was hoping for better signings though.

We have a thread for discussing keeping or potting Steve Kean......

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/25315-is-it-a-minority-of-fans-the-want-steve-kean-gone/page__st__500

....so please keep it there as this thread is for discussing potential protests/marches that fans can get involved in.

Normally I am very pro get behind the team and manager and the 'were in this together' banners apply to everyone associated with the club including the fans, I will get behind the players on Saturday but not Steve Kean because we as the supporters of the club are the only people who in this togetherness are the only people that can speak out against the unsackable manager, because if the players do it they risk getting the boot. If people in positions of power in the club and boardroom speak out they also risk getting the boot. But if we the fans let our feelings be known we can't get the boot, I'd love to see them trying to ban 10,000 season ticket holders for blatantly pointing out to them that the man in charge of the team is killing the club.

:rover: VENKYS ARE KILLING THE CLUB,NOT THERE YESMAN :mellow::brfc:

Quick update, the Dossier.press release currently stands at 88 pages long, with more content to go in. The March on Saturday will commence at 11.30 a.m and will be within walking distance of the ground, the starting point TBC, In addition the March got TV coverage last night from Sportsnight TV, WE NEED AS MANY PEOPLE as physical possible for march, we get one shot at this and it has to be done peacefully and with maturity, there will be a media frenxy on this, and we are representing the town.

You dnt have to be going to the game to take part, bring family bring friends and please bring yourself, for those who live to far away or out of the UK, ur support has also been superb and your comments have been added to the dossier.

Blackburn Rovers is your club, this is every fans opportunity to air their views, everyone of us is equal and everyone is as important as the next fan.

I'm proud of everyone who is willing to stand up to be counted, and everyone who has contributed to date, and you should be proud of yourselves. Protest are never a nice thing and are a last resort, but we have been left with very little options.

All I ask is its done with respect, safely and in good spirits. Respect the area, respect Ewood, respect any media who may be present, and respect one another.

Venue will be confirmed soon

Archived