BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] LET Poll

Why the LET is not covering the fans view is beyond me, It seems all one way, and even listening to Andy's interviews on Talksport it seems he is pointing finger at Venkys and feels sorry for Kean.

Not everyone has internet, so perhaps an open book somewhere where people can go along and sign or lodge a vote could be something somebody would put together?

All polls even election polls have a small turnout, but any poll is better than no poll, and only the BRFCS Poll has had big numbers put in a vote

Why the LET is not covering the fans view is beyond me, It seems all one way, and even listening to Andy's interviews on Talksport it seems he is pointing finger at Venkys and feels sorry for Kean.

Not everyone has internet, so perhaps an open book somewhere where people can go along and sign or lodge a vote could be something somebody would put together?

All polls even election polls have a small turnout, but any poll is better than no poll, and only the BRFCS Poll has had big numbers put in a vote

Funny how they can roll out a poll for other things but on this nothing.

I have said it before and I will say it again the LETS coverage of Venkys and Kean has been a joke from day 1. I am sure all the Andy Cryer fans will come out and defend him. But come on be honest its been a joke. The local paper should be reporting about the local club and hold the owners and manager to account. Absolute disgrace!!!

Then they wouldnt get access

I am not expecting the Headline Doughnut Kean OUT!!!

But come on, how many times has Steve Kean said 24 hours before Junior contracts been signed.

Where is our Club Chairman??

We all know things are not going well or being run properly but all we get is a cut and paste for Rovers/Venkys PR.

Maybe its me but the LET only have to report on Rovers so why is their reporting more in depth than other papers???

he was asked and he said he didn't think that it would represent the overall fans opinion.

Taking into account the laws of averages, it only takes 100 people to vote to get an idea of the numbers

Our kean poll sits at 95% against after 400 or so votes.. Work that into say 20000 home fans at ewood =19000 against him.

That is of course it is only 95% of brfcs members want rid and the other 19500 home fans are not all for keeping him (highly unlikely)

I posted this in another thread somewhere, but in the world of statistics you don't actually need that many responses to statistically represent a large number.

To have an confidence interval of +/- 4% for any given question, to cover a total population of 60,000 people (which should just about cover Rovers fans!) you need 594 responses.

So using the 95% as an example, those 594 responses mean that if you did ask the whole 60,000 people, then somewhere between 54600 (91%) and 59400 (99%) people would say Yes to the question 'do you want steve kean out'.

Of course there's things to take into consideration such as this is an online only poll, so you're missing out a section of possible people, but overall it will stand up as being very representative of the total population. This is how election polls that Matty said above are worked out, and the vast majority of data produced by the Office of National Stats comes from just small samples of people.

So if it's good enough for ONS to provide for governments to make decisions on, it is definitely good enough for us to definitely say Kean Out!! ;)

If he did do a poll chances are he'd never be allowed back into Ewood under the current regime, and then you really would have something to complain about when the club won't talk to him at all and there's absolutely no Rovers news!

The LT contracted yougov to do a poll about Kean being sacked, so this isn't the reason.

If you are looking for the real story when it comes to BRFC, then the LT should be the last place you look.

While I 100% agree with the above statement.

I do think that its 100% wrong that the local paper should be the last place to look for a story. While I understand that the LET website will very rarely break news as there website is secondary to the local paper. I do expect more in depth coverage of events than the national, press give.

I know they have a 3 page game report on Monday after the weekend games but as someone who does not live in the UK never mind the Blackburn area. I can not read it I am not even given an option to subscribe to a digital version either for free or paid.

I just think the local paper should represent the local people and kowtow to the Rovers/Venkys PR line.

While I 100% agree with the above statement.

I do think that its 100% wrong that the local paper should be the last place to look for a story. While I understand that the LET website will very rarely break news as there website is secondary to the local paper. I do expect more in depth coverage of events than the national, press give.

I know they have a 3 page game report on Monday after the weekend games but as someone who does not live in the UK never mind the Blackburn area. I can not read it I am not even given an option to subscribe to a digital version either for free or paid.

I just think the local paper should represent the local people and kowtow to the Rovers/Venkys PR line.

You can read it mate if you sign up to receive the e-editions here

The LT contracted yougov to do a poll about Kean being sacked, so this isn't the reason.

I work in the same office as and speak to Andy Cryer every day. We had the conversation yesterday. It is the reason.

You can read it mate if you sign up to receive the e-editions here

I work in the same office as and speak to Andy Cryer every day. We had the conversation yesterday. It is the reason.

try and get Andy to do a piece on how the fans feel cos after reading todays LT everyone I have spoken to is furious !

I can see how a poll on the internet would be not entirely representative. More international fans, a tendancy to younger fans, more invested fans (ie. spending hours on the internet talking about the club to get their fix).

That said I fail to see once you take that into account that you would get a large majority of fans(70% plus) who would want Kean out.

Venkys are sticking their head in the sand. It's getting ludicrous. Do they want us to be relegated and see 20m of the value of thier investment wiped out and placed in a position where debt grows month by month as we cannot afford to pay our wage bill?

Total madness.

I can see how a poll on the internet would be not entirely representative. More international fans, a tendancy to younger fans, more invested fans (ie. spending hours on the internet talking about the club to get their fix).

international fans - why would that mean they would vote in different percentages? Likewise younger fans - and don't forget the age groups actually attending Ewood would probably lean to there being more younger fans. Also why would the opinions of fans on the internet be split into different percentages, when compared to those not on the internet?

Polls on here have been fairly representative over the years JBN. Particularly when as now, large numbers are involved.

whilst agreeing with all the sentiments -100%

How could the LET run a "true" poll? just look at some of the comments by fans of "other" local clubs on discussions about rovers issues!

False voting could do the cause more harm than good, it may look like "Kean" has some support - and from where I'm looking - he doesn't

Archived