BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wanting to lose

ABBEY

I want Rovers to win on Saturday, and the Saturday after that and the Saturday after that....... That makes me a "good supporter"

I know that wanting to win games with the result that our manager remains at the club which will lead to inevitable relegation makes me a "bad supporter".

Today is the 50th anniversary of the publication of the classic novel Catch 22. Joseph Heller knew what he was writing about...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not the point, but realistically Kean probably has to lose 3/4 more games before he is sacked and if we lose 3/4 more games from our upcoming fixtures then relegation, even with an inspired managerial appointment, would be extremely likely.

...and the relegation would be due to Kean having only won one out of 13 games.

Round and round we go.

The shift of emphasis has to move towards Venkys. Any well run club would have replaced him by now. The fact they haven't means they are playing Russian roulette with our future.

Do I want Rovers to lose? as previous posters have said, if it guaranteed him gone, I'd take a hiding at Norwich. However, it's looking likely that he is going to remain due to the stubborn approach of the owners. In which case we all have to hope we win each game or we'll be gone by Christmas.

Tris alluded to those wanting to lose swallowing pride and backing Kean, which is ironic as I feel that the support of the team was better against Spurs on the back of the pre match protest.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Kean was capable of stringing a few unbeaten runs together as I'm sure he'd have won most fans round.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Going round in circles aren't we?

Most of us think that we can't get the points if Kean stays as manager.

I totally agree 47er, but I honestly don't think the owners are capable of appointing anyone who will do any better nor do I think any decent manager would touch this club with a bargepole while Venky's are in charge. In other words I think we're sunk whatever happens while we have the present owners. The only hope for survival rests with the players and I suspect the lack of a decent goalscorer will ultimately be what seals our fate. But I'll still go to Norwich tomorrow in the hope that we can pull off a win.

The Norwich game is a different kettle of fish completely. If we lost a cup game I wouldnt be bothered as it would help the cause. If we lost at home to Spurs or Man City again I wouldnt expect points there so it's not as damaging. Norwich away is a huge game, and I am fully 100% hoping that we win. However, if we don't, I will take solace in the possibility that it may push him closer to the door.

It's sick that we are even in a position like this, Venkys have done this to us.

I totally agree 47er, but I honestly don't think the owners are capable of appointing anyone who will do any better nor do I think any decent manager would touch this club with a bargepole while Venky's are in charge. In other words I think we're sunk whatever happens while we have the present owners. The only hope for survival rests with the players and I suspect the lack of a decent goalscorer will ultimately be what seals our fate.

That's a very fatalistic position PB. By that argument we're stuck with Kean for ever.

The pity is, that after all this time, when so many of us could see months ago how Venky's actions were taking this club on a rapid downward spiral, we're getting to the point where the fans who have backed them and the manager throughout all this, along with some who wanted him out from the beginning - are now arguing that it's too late.

The outcome isn't that thousands of fans will take to demonstrations, but that they will simply walk away.

That's a very fatalistic position PB. By that argument we're stuck with Kean for ever.

The pity is, that after all this time, when so many of us could see months ago how Venky's actions were taking this club on a rapid downward spiral, we're getting to the point where the fans who have backed them and the manager throughout all this, along with some who wanted him out from the beginning - are now arguing that it's too late.

The outcome isn't that thousands of fans will take to demonstrations, but that they will simply walk away.

Don't get me wrong den, I don't in anyway, suggest we stick with Kean but I feel the owners will until, as you say, it's too late. No manager is going to want to come here if the situation is beyond repair and I don't believe the owners are capable of making a decent appointment. The fact that they have stuck with Kean so long shows just how little they know or understand about football in this country. I find it ironic that one of the few guys who might be able to salvage this season is the same guy they fired off last December so Kean could become manager.

I completely agree about your last point. There won't be thousands flocking down to Ewood to take part in demonstrations they will simply stay away. I think Wednesday night was a perfect illustration of how fragile the fanbase really is and we've both been around this club long enough to know how quickly the fanbase melts away when things aren't going well. Sadly, that's another thing that our owners have failed to grasp.

Den can you see the dippers potting him? I can't.

Yes Abbey, if things stay the same, they will. It's just a matter of when.

Good job people like Glen are prepared to stand up and be counted.

and that's not aimed at you or PB.

we've both been around this club long enough to know how quickly the fanbase melts away when things aren't going well.

It's much more than 'things not going well' though. We've had bad runs plenty of times.

The whole club is a complete farce at the moment. Self inflicted by the owners. Fans aren't just down, they're disgusted.

Strung out in caffeine and rage will do that to a man I suppose, thought my dog was looking at me funny a moment ago, and I swear the T.V. is laughing at me.

I feel I fabricated nothing though as you did say the "criticizing out of order" part and I was the only quote. Whatever though, we all ###### in the same pool anyway.

Prepare to be wound up tighter than the Hulks pocket watch come Saturday then. My dad is also sadly passed but my step dad can beat yours any day. BRING IT.

P.S. no hard feelings or anything. I would gladly pee on you if you were on fire and I expect the same, just hydrate well.

All's good no problem here either. I would pee on you too.

Archived