BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wanting to lose

ABBEY

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wanting us to win or wanting us to lose debate is muddying the waters. Lets keep it simple - Steve Kean is not capable of keeping us up. Therefore we must hope for anything that gets him out of our club asap so we have a fighting chance. Winning the odd game will happen, but not enough to keep us in this league. We need to go on a good run of form, something he has never and will never manage.

For me, it's up until the end of November. After that we're screwed either way.

Cheers Steve, I get stick for wanting rovers to win. Talk about barmy.

I don't think you are at all.

I just want the bugger out of the club for good, my desire to see that supersedes my desire to win a cup game, yours does not. I would have gambled that a loss last night would result in his sacking if the chances of his sacking were 10%

Chris , no one assaulted me .

If we lose say another ten and they don't sack him ?

To answer your question ... I am a rovers fan and I want us to WIN every game!

Nowt to do with emotion .. Winning is what I like my team to do.

do you notice that when people reply to you they have an explaination behind their answer.

your exaplaination is they are my team.

you are totally void of consequences.

I don't see when you you set up this thread you basically are just an over emotional man who is not really interested in other peoples option, this is purely a thread of "i'm right you're wrong" and I will not listen.

I think you misunderstand the thinking behind it Abbey.

Its like asking when does the cost of a war that you feel is just outweigh the benifit of it in the first place.

When the 100,000th soldier died was that enough in WW2? The 200,000th? The 300,000th?

And that's the great trap of emotion, if you can not divorce yourself from the situation then emotion will take over.

I can not quantify the feelings that I have been having in words, they really fail me.

But attacking people due to their feelings is always an impossible argument.

Clearly went to your ancient history class today...

We aren't fighting a war. We aren't fighting evil. We aren't fighting an invading force. We are playing football and the more games we win the better we do.

Ah well illumination time and not one person has post an answer to the original question .

becuase like your thinking on the subject it has no substance.

At least when I started up the exact same thread I attempted to look at the positives and negatives of winning and losing and had an open mind.

As people had mentioned losing to Wigan in 2009 was a massive turning point that season for the better.

And nobody enjoys losing.

Cheers Steve, I get stick for wanting rovers to win. Talk about barmy.

Couldn't agree more Abbey. It's a crazy world when Rovers fans get attacked for wanting their team to win by other Rovers fans. I would have thought we all want Rovers to win irrespective of who the manager is.

Clearly went to your ancient history class today...

We aren't fighting a war. We aren't fighting evil. We aren't fighting an invading force. We are playing football and the more games we win the better we do.

Nope.

Yes we are. Yes we are. Yes we are. No we are not, and cup games where we are bound to fail in are irrelevant in the long run. League survival should be our main concern.

I never have said that I want to lose a league game.

Couldn't agree more Abbey. It's a crazy world when Rovers fans get attacked for wanting their team to win by other Rovers fans. I would have thought we all want Rovers to win irrespective of who the manager is.

At no point has Abbey been insulted for wanted Blackburn to win, it's his blind emotional thinking people question.

But he likes to believe that people are having a go at him for wanting Blackburn to win.

Nope.

Yes we are. Yes we are. Yes we are. No we are not, and cup games where we are bound to fail in are irrelevant in the long run. League survival should be our main concern.

We weren't expected to win this cup under Souness but we did and what a great day out it was. Similarly, nobody thought we'd win the Full Members's Cup at Wembley but we did and that was another memorable day. I agree League survival should be our main aim but, personally, I got a a huge lift from watching last night's game and left Ewood on a high - something I haven't done for quite a while. The chances of winning this cup may be remote but the players clearly gave their all last night and that's got to be a positive. The fact that the manager hasn't lost the dressing room, despite losing many of the supporters, is surely a good thing for the relegation battle that is ahead of us.

At no point has Abbey been insulted for wanted Blackburn to win, it's his blind emotional thinking people question.

But he likes to believe that people are having a go at him for wanting Blackburn to win.

With due respect Chris, from what I've read on the boards today it would appear that a number of fans believe that losing last night would have been a good thing. Like Abbey, that's something that I just don't understand. Perhaps it's my age but I only ever want to see Rovers win no matter what the game - be it first team, reserve team or youth. I don't care if it's a League game, cup game or friendly. If the Rovers are playing I want them to win. If that's blind emotion I'm all for it.

• Backroom

The fact that the manager hasn't lost the dressing room, despite losing many of the supporters, is surely a good thing for the relegation battle that is ahead of us.

Alternatively, you could argue that if he had lost the dressing room it would force Venky's to act - see Wigan Vs Rovers December 2009 for an example of where a manager losing the dressing room has worked to the club's benefit.

On the other hand, I don't think Desai would sack Kean even if he had completely lost the dressing room... and if Kean is that untouchable then at the very least we will need the boys to be behind him.

We weren't expected to win this cup under Souness but we did and what a great day out it was. Similarly, nobody thought we'd win the Full Members's Cup at Wembley but we did and that was another memorable day. I agree League survival should be our main aim but, personally, I got a a huge lift from watching last night's game and left Ewood on a high - something I haven't done for quite a while. The chances of winning this cup may be remote but the players clearly gave their all last night and that's got to be a positive. The fact that the manager hasn't lost the dressing room, despite losing many of the supporters, is surely a good thing for the relegation battle that is ahead of us.

I will never take anything away from the players.

Yes, we have won things on the outside in the past.

I have been trying to explain why some feel like they did. Its as hard as explaining the smell of puce to a blind man with no sense of smell.

:rover: i,ve never seen so many posters wanting rovers to lose,when lardarse was in charge i was accused of wanting rovers to lose,never happened.wanting rovers to lose to get kean the sack is understandable,but VENKYS are not your usual owners they do things there way,sooner they depart the scene the better :angry::brfcsmilie:

Nope.

Steve Kean is evil? Get a grip here.

Cup games where we are bound to fail? Since our promotion to the premier league several teams of our size have either won a cup or made a final (including ourselves). It's just an idiotic position to have. This isn't an american league where relegation isn't a threat and where we will be rewarded with draft picks, there is no reward for tanking, if we don't win games over the coming weeks then we will go down and this club will virtually cease to exist. If your goal as a supporter is to see the club that you 'love' go out of business, well then you're quite the fan.

How is the question "dumb"?

A number of posters have said that they hope we lose because it may mean Kean is gone.

I believe that Mrs D will not fire Kean, nothing indicates anything different, so back to the original question, how many games are you prepared for us to lose before the stance of "one more loss may be enough" mentality changes?

It surely is not helping the team, any sensible suggestions as clearly boycotting games and marching on the streets has made no difference?

Except for the cup game comments, I agree 100% with Reb.

. . .

If your goal as a supporter is to see the club that you 'love' go out of business, well then you're quite the fan.

1. Alleged betrayal and backstabbing? Lying? Continual deceit? Public endangerment? Destroying a club whom tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, support for his personal short term gain? Short of murder and torture, what is your definition of evil? I think guys like Bernie Madoff are evil, and Steve Kean is definitely in that category, in my opinion.

2. I believe Reb is trying to save the Rovers, not destroy it. Try this analogy, if you're a 19th century soldier, and your limb in gangrenous, do you do nothing and hope for the best or do you let the surgeon lop it off?

How is the question "dumb"?

A number of posters have said that they hope we lose because it may mean Kean is gone.

I believe that Mrs D will not fire Kean, nothing indicates anything different, so back to the original question, how many games are you prepared for us to lose before the stance of "one more loss may be enough" mentality changes?

It surely is not helping the team, any sensible suggestions as clearly boycotting games and marching on the streets has made no difference?

It should have happened after the Spurs game, bottom, 1 win in 9, its a joke.

At this point every possible outcome has negatives we lose we get too far behind, we win and Kean gets more time.

Either way we lose in some respect, but I really don't think we can lose points to a relgation rival.

If we do win, Kean will quickly take all the glory away.

Having said that if we deserve to win and players give their all, it's much easier to block out the dick in charge.

We can not afford to lose anymore.

It's an irrelevant question - whilst Kean is in charge we will lose a lot more games than we draw or win.

All Rovers fans want the team to win every game, but there is the reality amongst some of us that, for as long as Kean is here we will almost always inevitably lose games.

Cup games where we are bound to fail? Since our promotion to the premier league several teams of our size have either won a cup or made a final (including ourselves). It's just an idiotic position to have. This isn't an american league where relegation isn't a threat and where we will be rewarded with draft picks, there is no reward for tanking, if we don't win games over the coming weeks then we will go down and this club will virtually cease to exist. If your goal as a supporter is to see the club that you 'love' go out of business, well then you're quite the fan.

Whatever.

If all I have had to say sums up to you thinking that I want the club to cease to exist then fine.

It couldn't be further from the truth.

Archived