BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wanting to lose

ABBEY

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many games would you be prepared to lose?

I think you misunderstand the thinking behind it Abbey.

Its like asking when does the cost of a war that you feel is just outweigh the benifit of it in the first place.

When the 100,000th soldier died was that enough in WW2? The 200,000th? The 300,000th?

If I didn't go to the games, as many as it took to remove Kean.

When I'm at the game, zero.

Instinct kicks in.

And that's the great trap of emotion, if you can not divorce yourself from the situation then emotion will take over.

I can not quantify the feelings that I have been having in words, they really fail me.

But attacking people due to their feelings is always an impossible argument.

I don't see any point in losing, Kean's will just keep twisting it, he's a machine, lying to the press and Venkys when we lose. in fact the press are supporting Kean.

All I do know is Kean it hugely preventing me from enjoying the rare win because 15 minutes after the game its all Kean, Kean, Kean.

The fact is though you can't fault the player attitude, they are doing their best for him.

I would happily lose a game if I knew 100% Kean would get sacked.

Saturday I would rather win, we need points, but if we lose I would prefer a score line that might push Kean out.

Obviously nothing can stop Abbey's enjoyment of Blackburn winning but for many of us, supporting Blackburn under Kean is not the same anymore, Kean has stolen some of our connection to the club because he is such a powerful disease that is killing us.

I don't see any point in losing, Kean's will just keep twisting it, he's a machine, lying to the press and Venkys when we lose. in fact the press are supporting Kean.

All I do know is Kean it hugely preventing me from enjoying the rare win because 15 minutes after the game its all Kean, Kean, Kean.

The fact is though you can't fault the player attitude, they are doing their best for him.

I would happily lose a game if I knew 100% Kean would get sacked.

Saturday I would rather win, we need points, but if we lose I would prefer a score line that might push Kean out.

Obviously nothing can stop Abbey's enjoyment of Blackburn winning but for many of us, supporting Blackburn under Kean is not the same anymore, Kean has stolen some of our connection to the club because he is such a powerful disease that is killing us.

Don't be so silly, chris. We beat Newcastle in a league cup game. All is forgiven!

And that's the great trap of emotion, if you can not divorce yourself from the situation then emotion will take over.

I can not quantify the feelings that I have been having in words, they really fail me.

But attacking people due to their feelings is always an impossible argument.

But being a football supporter is all about emotion.

If it's not, I recommend people do something else with their time. Go for a swim, maybe.

As I've said before, if some ITK can say to me 'we lose at Norwich and he's 100% sacked', then yeah, like Wigan for Ince I would take it.

However, there is absolutely no evidence that he is even under threat. Therefore we cannot afford to keep losing games as before we know it we will be completely adrift and no new manager and certianly not Kean will be able to salvage it.

As I've said before, if some ITK can say to me 'we lose at Norwich and he's 100% sacked', then yeah, like Wigan for Ince I would take it.

However, there is absolutely no evidence that he is even under threat. Therefore we cannot afford to keep losing games as before we know it we will be completely adrift and no new manager and certianly not Kean will be able to salvage it.

I think Kean is so convincing he might take us down and keep the job.

He'll have an excuse wihich will be injuries and young players coming through.

We will go n a run and get 4 draw and a win and Kean will sell that vas progress, before you know it, its too late but it was just inhuries,bad luck and young players being more important then results, Venkys plan for next season with Kean.

Dont be a pillock topmAn .. Have I said anything like that? How many games?

How many games will it take Kean to destroy our club while people like you cling to the vain hope that he can actually win football matches?

I think Kean is so convincing he might take us down and keep the job.

He'll have an excuse wihich will be injuries and young players coming through.

We will go n a run and get 4 draw and a win and Kean will sell that vas progress, before you know it, its too late and Venkys plan for next season with Kean.

:lol:

I too share this conviction and am willing to do anything to make sure this doesn't come to pass.

How people can not understand how a person can wish to sacrifice a cup game, NOT LEAGUE, for the better good is really beyond me.

People may not agree but they must be able to see the difference and somewhat have a little empathy.

But being a football supporter is all about emotion.

If it's not, I recommend people do something else with their time. Go for a swim, maybe.

Maybe I am a deluded muppet.

I can't seem to get anyone to understand, I must be a tool.

Dont be a pillock topmAn .. Have I said anything like that? How many games?

I want to play a game

Abbey, If I said 100% we lose Saturday and Kean loses his job, he's sacked, he's gone FOREVER, Venkys short list Hughes, Alan Curb and Ancelotti until a replacement is found Tony Parkes will take control.

You only have two options, win or lose, what do you do, what do you do?

Are you willing to give up this win for the greater good or are you going to take the win and then come on here moaning your arse off about Kean for another 2 months and watch us die slowly while you start up "thank you" threads about some guy that assaults you?

It's make believe but what would you do, win or lose?

I don't want a different answer then win or lose, two options.

saw-puppet-billy-jigsaw-head-knocker-2200-p.jpg

Podcast no. 12 has Kamy opining that Kean's detached from reality post game talk is targeting one person, Mrs. Desai. She apparently has people monitor major sites and with modern journalism being what it is, Kean is smart enough to know that his comments will be printed without critical comment, which is then passed up to Mrs. Desai.

Or that's how I interpreted Kamy's words. Scary when you think about it. An isolated billionaire lady employing people to monitor her press and a crazed lunatic who has managed to manipulate that system into his favor.

How many games will it take Kean to destroy our club while people like you cling to the vain hope that he can actually win football matches?

Abbey is not clinging to any real hope that Kean will win matches or avoid relegation. He saying no matter how many Kean loses, he WON'T be fired. If that is accurate (and I disagree- though that may be wishful thinking on my part) then we may as well cheer on the team and grab what joy we can.

Abbey, If I said 100% we lose Saturday and Kean loses his job, he's sacked, he's gone FOREVER, Venkys short list Hughes, Alan Cub and Ancelotti until a replacement is found Tony Parkes will take control.

You only have two options, win or lose, what do you do, what do you do?

Change the "I" to "Mrs. Desai" then I might go for the loss.

• Backroom

If a loss would 100% guarantee Kean would be removed and a competent manager brought in, I would sacrifice 3 points/a cup win for that.

However, there is no indication this will ever be the case. Mrs D is Steve Kean's number one fan, he could walk around the stadium windmilling Rovers fans and kicking kids in the face and she'd still back him, probably hand him a 20 year contract for showing passion. As a result I am not actively hoping for Rovers to lose in any match.

Unfortunately, I feel no great joy right now when we win, either... because every rare win seems to paper over some gaping cracks.

Answer the question , say they don't sack coco , would you be happy if we keep losing!

Wanting the Rovers to lose any match is a totally alien concept to me and not one that I can agree with in any shape or form. I respect the views of those who think differently but for me I want the Rovers to win every match. I'll be at Norwich on Saturday wanting a win no matter what the consequences with regard to the manager. It is vital that we pick up points no matter who the manager is.

Clearly poor results are not making any impact on the owner with regard to making a change and therefore it becomes a pointless exercise - in more ways than one - wanting the Rovers to lose.

How many games would you be prepared to lose?

You need to get a grip with your emotions.

How many time do you need to be told,if we don't get rid of Kean we get relegated,if we get relegated thats it end of,no more BRFC.

To answer your daft question,as many as it takes,the losing process has become painless.I've got a grip of my emotions.

Chris , no one assaulted me .

You need to get a grip with your emotions.

How many time do you need to be told,if we don't get rid of Kean we get relegated,if we get relegated thats it end of,no more BRFC.

To answer your daft question,as many as it takes,the losing process has become painless.I've got a grip of my emotions.

If we lose say another ten and they don't sack him ?

Exactly he can't answer my question because he can think logically, too much emotionally involved, where as some of us can detach.

To answer your question ... I am a rovers fan and I want us to WIN every game!

Nowt to do with emotion .. Winning is what I like my team to do.

Mr. Moss is right, we are hosed. Might as well take what joys we can. Slow starvation and eating bitter cabbage is better than nothing I suppose.

Actually, I was trying to explain my interpretation of Abbey's position, as I think he gets unnecessary stick.

My opinion is that Kean will be sacked eventually, or at least transferred. Reality has to set in sometime. The question is when. Sooner is obviously better, but that is up to Mrs. Desai.

As to hoping we lose games, I'm not in favor of it but then again I don't get bent out of shape about it either, as I can see the logic and the long term benefit to the club. But personally I think Kean will lose plenty on his own and doesn't need us rooting for him to fail again. In my opinion, his picture ought to be next the the words "con man" and "loser" in the dictionary.

As to the protests, I'm very much in favor of them. I think they need to chants and the banners out during the game, though. In today's day and age it is about the visuals. Before and after the match, the cameras are off. It's during the game that the impact can be maximized. Getting the mikes to pickup "Kean Out!" and banners hanging from the stands reading "Kean Out!" would go the furthest to drive the point home. Chelsea is the perfect match to do it during also, as: 1) it will be televised; 2) the owners will reputedly be there; and 3) the chances of the protest hurting the Rovers prospects of winning is remote, as winning is a remote prospect anyway.

I believe it is important, though, not to insult Venkys during the protests. An overabundance of pride comes to mind, and personal insults will only entrench them further, especially if delivered in their presence. Target Kean, and they might decide to be magnanimous and throw the "little people" (the fans) a bone. As a practical matter they'd be avoiding future embarrassment, but they won't be able to acknowledge that and so need another excuse. Target them, and we become a bunch of cretins whose opinions should be ignored and need being taught a lesson.

Besides, it's better to ratchet up pressure. If the Chelsea protests don't work, then we can target Venkys direct.

Just my two cents.

Wanting the Rovers to lose any match is a totally alien concept to me and not one that I can agree with in any shape or form. I respect the views of those who think differently but for me I want the Rovers to win every match. I'll be at Norwich on Saturday wanting a win no matter what the consequences with regard to the manager. It is vital that we pick up points no matter who the manager is.

Clearly poor results are not making any impact on the owner with regard to making a change and therefore it becomes a pointless exercise - in more ways than one - wanting the Rovers to lose.

I totally agree.

I think unless he loses the backing of the players(which seems unlikely for whatever reason) he will be manager for a long time. Regardless of how many matches we lose. If Venky's were competent owners and had a clue he would be already gone. The fact that Mrs D seems to believe his word despite the stats is the big problem. If she had a clue and gave a crap about how fans feel he'd be gone. Realistically he needs to start winning because if he doesn't, getting an experienced manager will be pretty much impossible.

Archived