BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment. I agree his team line ups have been somewhat of a mystery recently but the lads always put on a captivating performance which we should be happy with. We need to get behind the lads and the manager as i believe we can get ourselves out of the trouble where in. GET BEHIND THE TEAM

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do.

There are no words.

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment. I agree his team line ups have been somewhat of a mystery recently but the lads always put on a captivating performance which we should be happy with. We need to get behind the lads and the manager as i believe we can get ourselves out of the trouble where in. GET BEHIND THE TEAM

Thanks Steve or Paul.

Just to pick up on great football since the title-winning season.

The 7-0 v Forest and the 7-2 v Sheffield Wednesday.

The first half of the first season under Hodgson when we played football which was even better than we played in the title season. That 3-1 win away at Arsenal (the eventual champions) was probably the best away performance I've seen from Rovers bearing in mind we showed a top Arsene Wenger team how to pass and move throughout the whole 90 minutes.

The first two seasons back in the Prem under Souey saw some sensational football not least the 7-1 v West Ham and a couple of 4-0 away wins.

Under Hughes when we had fought back from a bad patch, we played some superb stuff based on a mean defence and finished 5th. Although we lost 3-2 at White Hart Lane, that 15 minutes at the start of the second half when we had 90% posession was something else.

Oh and we were collecting points at a lot more than 0.5 game and not leaking an average of over two goals a game.

Ha Ha ha ha, sorry I'm trying not to laugh. I'm not knocking the OP cause we're all entitled to our own opinions but come off it, what kind of reaction does he expect on here.

There is so may things wrong in his post I don't want to start. In a way I hope he's right but I seriously think the poster is on the wind-up though!

Hi to everyone,

Well you are entitled to your opinion but he has nearly had 1 year and took us from being a mid table team to a bottom of the league club certain for relegation, so by your reckoning we will get relegated, promoted the year after then we will be a top six club, well it's working for Newcastle so maybe you are right. :blink:

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

Hi to everyone,

You've convinced me, a well thought out, concise message hardly meriting a -14 and counting.

I believe you and I ate paint chips together, how you been?

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

Keep taking the tablets...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have'nt been a member here long have you.

Is it not possible to judge him on what he has achieved so far which is in all fairness not very good, yes the football may be better on the eye but it is'nt winning matches. He is a football manager and must be judged on results, unfortunately he is'nt.

Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No!

Why do some fans insist on treating this stupid opinion as if its fact? Ask anyone in the game if losing football can generally (edit there, suppose in a minority of cases it can) be classed as good football and 95% would tell you of course it flipping can't. So by that reasoning we have barely ever played good football under Kean.

Archived