BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Give Kean a Break

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

Agreed, I say we wait till the end of the Jan transfer window.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? It wasnt too long ago we and you lot where all singing Steve Keans blue and white army after beating Liverpool 3-1 was it? Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce? No! my point was the football is there we just need a little bit of luck a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise. lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh?

So, basically you're basing everything on two games!? What about the other 30 league games? Then again we have beat the great teams of Orient and Sheff. Wed.

I seem to have got a lot of people's backs up here. Are we not playing some of the best football since 95/96?? ?

Playing "good" football is pointless if it ends in defeat. To survive in this league long term on a small budget, pragmatism is required. We were doing brilliantly at it untill 11 months ago.....

Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce?

As you answered yourself; no, we didnt. We didnt play good football under Sam Allardyce, HOWEVER he got us results, and he actually took us from "certain relegation" after Ince and made us into a top 10 team - a stable club, that was what we were under Big Sam. No chance in h*ll we would have got relegated with him in charge.

And where are we now? We have a "manager" who doesnt know how to make a team win football matches.

You, Venkys and steve kean seems to have an great affection for playing well..

What is your definition of playing well? Creating chances but being unable to put it in the back of the net and then lose the game in the end - is that playing well???

No, I didnt think so!

Well if its not a wind up fair play to you having the balls to voice your opinion. New posters usually get ignored on here for a while unless they post something controversial. We're not going to win any games unless we stop leaking goals though, ridiculous how long ago the last clean sheet was and with samba out that ain't gonna improve any time soon.

Since 95 lol can you not read as Philip said our best footbal was under hodgson by far. Can't understand people who call hodgson we where 1st place up until Xmas that season.

Anyway Let's get real any team could have beaten Liverpool that day they where on an abysmal run and even then if gerrard had of scored that penalty we Would have let a 2 goal lead slip AGAIN in my opinion.

We still don't have a goalscorer, we still don't have a ball winner in the middle and the defence has drastically become worse and worse each game. Yes kean is doing a fabulous job

i am disappointed here because i promised myself i would not bite to this but i cannot help myself :(

First bit i've highlighted...... can you give examples of this?

Final bit i've highlighted ......have you forgot the other 25/31 matches he failed to win?

also. 1) do you think points or performances are most important to our top flight status?

2) how do you feel about this 'good football' exposing our defensive weaknesses? do you believe this is healthy or has shown signs of stopping after 17 games consecutive without a clean sheet?

3) do you think this good football we play is reflected in the matches we have less than 40% of ball possession which has happened on over half the matches he has been in charge of?

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment. I agree his team line ups have been somewhat of a mystery recently but the lads always put on a captivating performance which we should be happy with. We need to get behind the lads and the manager as i believe we can get ourselves out of the trouble where in. GET BEHIND THE TEAM

We are 100% behind the team, it's kean we want out..he is useless..

its thanks to Steve Kean's management that it will take a couple of wins to get us out the bottom 3 now

And even then only just, obviously other results have to go our way or else even 2 wins won't see us move anywhere

Whats the point in 100 people protesting after the game???? makes us luck like muppets, Simple!! Im not on my own other fans ive spoken to are fully behind Kean and the team. A couple of wins and things will look a whole lot better people.

Seriously, you don't need protestors to make yourself look like a muppet, you're doing a fine job by yourself!! Whereas I've spoken to people who don't really support the protests but I don't know anybody who are fully behind Kean. I noticed you did a Kean and said "behind Kean and the team" just because fans are behind the team it doesn't mean they're behind Kean!

Seriously want some of those cakes you are eating, by the looks of things they have probably had herbal extras put in by your uncle Steve.

To Answer some of your points,

"Did we PLAY better football under Allardyce?"

Probably not but we were not 2nd bottom under Allardyce, If I want to watch pretty football I have access to a television and Sky I don't want anything other than 3 pts a game from Rovers, PhillipL mentioned the first half of the Hodgson season, one of the best halves of football Ive ever watched was the Rovers 3 - 4 Leeds game, it was ###### because Rovers lost.

"beating Liverpool 3-1"

Entertaining game against a poor team we also did our best to throw that down the drain and concede more goals in the last 10 minutes partly down to subs made by a poor manager.

"just need a little bit of luck a few good results"

We could have done with that the year we went down or the year we failed to come back up, Roy, Hodgson and Brian Kidd surely they were a nice Blokes, So was Tony Parkes but when you are relying on referees and the frameof the goal not to get in the way you are well and truely scraping the bottom of the barrell.

"lets see what the next games bring, if it brings defeats lets jufge then not after losing to Chelsea eh"

Would love to but he hasn't had 2 or 3 games in charge hes had 30+ now, defensively we are ######, going forward we look better, we have a toothless midfield and a lack of full backs, what did he buy to remedy these failings ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS. We have a Goalkeeper and two of the most wanted CBs outside the top 4 yet we ship goals like we have nobody there let alone £25m worth of talent.

"a few good results and then no doubt these boards will be flooded with messages of praise."

I'll give you this, football fans like results

Hi to everyone,

I can not believe what i witnessed at Ewood on Saturday afternoon what with the plane and further protests. I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do. The football we are displaying is the best since our title winning season and the players seem to be fit and happy to play for him. I also think he has been shrewd in the transfer market i.e Yakubu, Dann, Formica, Rochina and Petrovic with not so much investment. I agree his team line ups have been somewhat of a mystery recently but the lads always put on a captivating performance which we should be happy with. We need to get behind the lads and the manager as i believe we can get ourselves out of the trouble where in. GET BEHIND THE TEAM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wow, that's made me chuckle. Bloody brilliant stuff, and here's me thinking that we have only won 1 game all season.

Whats the point in 100 people protesting after the game???? makes us luck like muppets, Simple!! Im not on my own other fans ive spoken to are fully behind Kean and the team. A couple of wins and things will look a whole lot better people.

I will partly agree on this point - a number of friends I know aren't as anti-Kean as many on this MB. Most want Kean to be a success - and can see signs of recovery over the last 4 or 5 matches. I am not saying they like him - but are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now (many basing this on some very difficult home fixtures over the last four matches).

Unfortunately a lot of the "hatred" against Kean has been whipped up by rumour across the internet - very little of which has actually been proven at this point. Interestingly - many of my friends who aren't totally anti-Kean don't tend to visit the MB's on a regular basis - maybe that says something !

I think Steve Kean is better qualified than the protesters and us on this site to turn things around at the club. I mean who could we possibly bring into replace Steve? Sven? i dont think so McClaren definately not! All this negativity isnt doing the team any good at all.

and closing our eyes and praying that Steve Kean suddenly starts winning a couple of games, is not doing the club any good either.

Hi to everyone,

We are behind the team.

Do you seriously believe your statement "I do believe Steve Kean can turn our our recent bad fortune around and make us a top 6 club within 2-3 years i really do" when he's the worst manager in our history, he has no prior managerial experience, he wasn't given the job on merit, we have a 18.85% win rate, 0.9 pts per game last season, 0.5 pts per game this season. If those stats don't mean anything to you you're a lost cause and would probably believe that a Tickle me Elmo could lead us to European glory.

The bottom line is that managers are judged on results, and Steve Kean cannot buy one.

Unfortunately a lot of the "hatred" against Kean has been whipped up by rumour across the internet - very little of which has actually been proven at this point. Interestingly - many of my friends who aren't totally anti-Kean don't tend to visit the MB's on a regular basis - maybe that says something !

So now you've established that people who want Kean out can read, write, and actually have enthusiasm enough to go on BRFC message boards.

Hi to everyone,

the lads always put on a captivating performance are you a Lady? just a question.

Archived