BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cryer.

den

I wonder how Peter White would have handled the present situation. He would have given Venkys hell.

Peter was a Rovers fan - I think his typewriter would have been red-hot over the past 12 months. Andy Cryer's stance suggests a lack of editorial direction from above - the editor should be demanding harder-hitting stories and comment that reflect the fears and worries of Rovers supporters at present. I suspect however that the LET does not want to upset the Ewood hierarchy, possibly because the club might ban journalists from matches. As it stands, the LET appears weak and irrelevant when it could be providing a strong voice on behalf of fans. An opportunity missed.

Peter was a Rovers fan - I think his typewriter would have been red-hot over the past 12 months. Andy Cryer's stance suggests a lack of editorial direction from above - the editor should be demanding harder-hitting stories and comment that reflect the fears and worries of Rovers supporters at present. I suspect however that the LET does not want to upset the Ewood hierarchy, possibly because the club might ban journalists from matches. As it stands, the LET appears weak and irrelevant when it could be providing a strong voice on behalf of fans. An opportunity missed.

I've thought as much too, i've always viewed the LET as Rovers' paper. He knows the feeling among fans but refuses to portray it. He hints at it but subtlety doesn't seem to work in the media

He is probably aware of some alledged facts like some posters on here ...Not being a true fan of the Rovers , he is just keeping his nose clean and newspaper..

You are right MP ,the editor shoud be pushing more ...Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein brought Richard Nixon down ,that was due too good investigative journalism ..But I don't blame Cryer for not following it up...

With fans line us, the LT seems irrelevant and weak, but for many, many Rovers fans, the LT is the ONLY place they read Rovers news daily and they are still swayed by it.

With fans line us, the LT seems irrelevant and weak, but for many, many Rovers fans, the LT is the ONLY place they read Rovers news daily and they are still swayed by it.

I'd go along with that matty.

Where was Cryer today in the LT edition after putting out such a good article the day before on Venkys reign so far ?

Giving Prince's Trust the sponsors spot on the shirt is because they were unable to get a proper sponsor. Admirable but amateurish.

Personally, if I had [alleged] billions, I would decline a paying shirt sponsor and promote a local charity instead. Or perhaps two, one for the home shirts and another for the away.

dont forget the free vouchers at the wolves game last season.rolleyes.gif

Feed the peasants and they will support their feudal overlords? A good plan but to work I think Their Lordships would have to feed the unwashed masses more than once a season.

Does anyone else play the game, where you click on a link to The Lancs Evening Telegraph, usually a Rovers story natch, and the game is to read the actual quotes from whomever the article is about (usually near the lower end after all the guff) then close the tab before the massive advert for Thomson Holidays starts or the auto play video kicks in?

Personally, if I had [alleged] billions, I would decline a paying shirt sponsor and promote a local charity instead. Or perhaps two, one for the home shirts and another for the away.

If I was spending millions on players to prove that we didn't need the shirt sponsor money then I may do the same.

If I was spending millions on players to prove that we didn't need the shirt sponsor money then I may do the same.

The Venkys do not have billions (unless you are refering to rupees (80 rupees to the £)

They tried to get involved in F1, they have champane ideas about themselves and beer money.

The Venkys do not have billions (unless you are refering to rupees (80 rupees to the £)

They tried to get involved in F1, they have champane ideas about themselves and beer money.

I like beer. Guinness, Budweiser, and Arrogant illegitimate. Heaven.

Edit: "Illegitimate" was supposed to be the 'b" word, which is a commercially available beer in the USA. Which is also a preferred beer of US Navy Seals, to my direct knowledge having been the recipient of a keg not completely consumed following a BUDs party. Your swear filter is hyperactive.

Archived