BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A lighter note on protests

J*B

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Wiggy's original idea, and he made it with "owd Tash" as someone called him above as a laugh when they worked on the railways. I saw Wiggy's various films then ended up meeting him when he came along to help on Bar Stewards (Tash is also in Bar Stewards). I asked a distributor if they'd be interested in the old version for them and they got back to me saying if we remade it, they'd release it, which is quite a bizarre situation. We couldn't not do it, as how often do you get the chance of releasing something you've created in pretty much every retail outlet. The only problem was, we hadn't actually created it... Yet.

Then Wiggy's circumstances changed and I ended up directing it (he's not been in the country very much over the past 18 months - at the moment he's in Gambia). So over a very short period of time we remade it (I'm talking miniscule, we had Tash for only a few hours every day for seven days - sometimes only an hour, I think we had him in total for 24 hours). And on top of that we didn't get any kind of advance, so no one was paid. But we got through it. But then they couldn't release it straight away because retailers work in quarters and Christmas/Autumn/Summer isn't the best time (as you're against Summer blockbusters/Halloween Horror and the Christmas rush). Euro 2012 is just around the corner, so they've held it back till then hoping to break even from the football crowd. So it's out next Spring.

It's not perfect as I don't think anything made in those circumstances would be, but there's some gems in there. Nightmare's on Elm Street is in there, but it doesn't just stop there in this version. He ends up topping it with what he comes out with directly afterwards. Had me in stitches.

Sorry to bore you with the ins and outs of it, but that's how it happened.

Thanks for that info, genuinely love the whole Tash thing. Good luck with ALL you do.

I want him as compere for the brfcs sportsmans dinner , how do i get hold of him?

Seriously?

He does gigs with his band Broken Robots. Whether he'd do one as Tash I don't know.

I can ask him if you want.

If you do you must get it filmed as he comes out with some really good off-the-cuff stuff. While we were making it a girl who had seen the original Tash came up to him and asked him to arrest her. So he started going through her bag and pointing out how each item could be used in a criminal act.

Tash.jpg

Tash-2.jpg

Tash-3.jpg

tf2.jpg

Seriously?

He does gigs with his band Broken Robots. Whether he'd do one as Tash I don't know.

I can ask him if you want.

Could you please. Even did he did it for only part of the night, I think it would be quality and bring a sense of fun to the night.

can't say I found it funny, can some one else please back me up, I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me, as it was not very funny.

It did successfully stereotype lancashire Northern's though.

Not what he says - it's the way he says it.

can't say I found it funny, can some one else please back me up, I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me, as it was not very funny.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't.

I remember watching the original when I had no idea who the guys behind it were and some of it made me laugh out loud. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

It stereotypes Lancashire folk as much as John Shuttleworth stereotypes Yorkshire folk. I think if that's a problem, then there is something wrong with you sorry to say. Then again I like John Shuttleworth and Vic and Bob doing Geordie Jeans, so perhaps it's me who has a problem.

I've heard about this phenomenon.

Didn't you know there's a virus going around on here which destroys all traces of an individuals' sense of humour chris? Sounds like you have succumbed to it without realising. Unfortunately as yet there is no cure and the causes are not yet clear but it's believed to be linked to certain man made fibres used in the lining of anoraks and pillows etc. The most at risk however appear to be those most exposed to anorak fibres and ginger people who spend most time face down in bed, this is believed to be the reason for it's particularly devastating effect on "southern's" and internet forum officials. The epicentre of this new plague and where effects are most pronounced appears to be located within the southern UK borough of Dacorum.

I've heard about this phenomenon.

Didn't you know there's a virus going around on here which destroys all traces of an individuals' sense of humour chris? Sounds like you have succumbed to it without realising. Unfortunately as yet there is no cure and the causes are not yet clear but it's believed to be linked to certain man made fibres used in the lining of anoraks and pillows etc. The most at risk however appear to be those most exposed to anorak fibres and ginger people who spend most time face down in bed, this is believed to be the reason for it's particularly devastating effect on "southern's" and internet forum officials. The epicentre of this new plague and where effects are most pronounced appears to be located within the southern UK borough of Dacorum.

that might expalin it lol

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't.

I remember watching the original when I had no idea who the guys behind it were and some of it made me laugh out loud. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

It stereotypes Lancashire folk as much as John Shuttleworth stereotypes Yorkshire folk. I think if that's a problem, then there is something wrong with you sorry to say. Then again I like John Shuttleworth and Vic and Bob doing Geordie Jeans, so perhaps it's me who has a problem.

I have a very sarcastic humour. Mum can you stur my pot noodle does not really do it for me lol

Archived