BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brockhall Refurbishment

As mentioned on the latest Vital Blackburn podcast Venky’s have actually planned something very positive during their tenure that doesn’t appear to have been discussed on the forum.

Plans are afoot to refurbish Brockhall to turn it into a Level 1 facility (from the current level 3 status) which means that we are allowed to attract players from around the world and will educate them in the correct way according to the FA standards. Planning permission has been applied for and there is apparently a budget in place to overhaul the facility.

It seems bizarre that they have not done a better PR job on this and spoken about it at great length, this is actually good news for once.

I don’t have the full details of this but know that there are others with more information who perhaps would like to share with us.

As mentioned on the latest Vital Blackburn podcast Venky's have actually planned something very positive during their tenure that doesn't appear to have been discussed on the forum.

Plans are afoot to refurbish Brockhall to turn it into a Level 1 facility (from the current level 3 status) which means that we are allowed to attract players from around the world and will educate them in the correct way according to the FA standards. Planning permission has been applied for and there is apparently a budget in place to overhaul the facility.

It seems bizarre that they have not done a better PR job on this and spoken about it at great length, this is actually good news for once.

I don't have the full details of this but know that there are others with more information who perhaps would like to share with us.

Lets hope the builders forget to put cocco's office in there

As mentioned on the latest Vital Blackburn podcast Venky’s have actually planned something very positive during their tenure that doesn’t appear to have been discussed on the forum.

I don’t have the full details of this but know that there are others with more information who perhaps would like to share with us.

I assume this would cost quite a lot of money? I would rather see it spent on sacking the manager and getting a proper one in. Also can we get level 1 status if we are in the Championship?

Probably with a view to selling it on at greater profit knowing this lot.

Exactly my thoughts. Kean's comments yesterday about the age of the squad, coupled with past comments about the squad value increasing, tell me selling young players for profit is more important to Venky's than getting results.

This will mean nothing if we get relegated in May.

Guest Rovers4Good

To be fair i understand what you are saying about it being a waste of money but for the long term i think it's not a bad idea.

The old Senior training cantre were the academy lads are now training as enough space to cater for all the teams from 1st's down to the under 9's and in that space they could potentially build a whole round centre which would put us in line with most of the top premiership clubs and if that can attract young lads from around the world then i'm all for it.

Is this simply a case of having to, or lose the clubs status in attracting the best young kids around.

Heard that it had caused alot of comments with the possibility discussed of the youth set up and the first team set up changing sites at Brockhall due to facilities in one and not in the other reaching the new grade criteria.

I'd be happy for them not to publicly release this information. Not only does it stop the press asking stupid questions, but also stops them from having the opportunity to put their foot in it by saying something else ridiculous.

Assuming that the redevelopment of Brockhall IS true it must be surely be very good news for the club. Is it a sad reflection of BRFCS that so little interest has been shown in this news?

Theres nothing wrong with this at all, I'll criticise Venky's til I'm blue in the face BUT under the Trust the club survived in the PL by finding talent and selling it on at a hefty profit, be it Damien Duff who came through the academy or finds such as Roque 1 (Roque 2 was a bit more like Roque 5) so its hard to criticise them for exploiting a business model that has worked also if they sort things out the best youngsters will be able to look at the likes of Phil Jones and think yeah thats were we want to go to learn our trade because of the reputation we have in this area. What would be better though is if Venky's want to attract the best potential and invest in players for now which from Keans purchases is clearly not the case.

I'm not fully clued up on what going from Level 3 to Level 1 means, but if it's good, then we've got another silver lining to look at.

My problem is that it takes them so many mistakes to finally come out with something positive. I think the last positive thing they did was rename the Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End...

I never used to be this cynical. Cheers Venky's. :(

Archived