BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Time to lay off Steve Kean

BRST

The poor bloke obviously suffers from Schizophrenia!

I'm no expert, but I looked into the symptoms - you can't tell me there isn't a link.

Examples of Physical Symptoms

--A blank, vacant facial expression. An inability to smile or express emotion through the face.

--Staring, while in deep thought, with infrequent blinking.

--Clumsy, inexact motor skills

--Involuntary movements of the tongue or mouth (facial dyskinesias). Grimacing at the corners of the mouth with the facialmuscles, or odd movements with the tongue. 6rm4oi.jpg

--Eye movements- difficulty focusing on slow moving objects (Possibly explaining why he fails to see how poor David Dunn is)

--Unusual gestures or postures 9t3n0h.jpg

Examples of Feelings/Emotions

--The inability to experience joy or pleasure from activities

--Sometimes feeling nothing at all

--Appearing desireless- seeking nothing, wanting nothing

--Feeling indifferent to important events

--Hypersensitivity to criticism, insults, or hurt feelings

Examples of Mood

--Sudden irritability, anger, hostility, suspiciousness, resentment

--Depression- feeling discouraged and hopeless about the future

--Low motivation, energy, and little or no enthusiasm

Changes in Behavior associated with schizophrenia

--Inability to form or keep relationships (John Jensen)

--Social isolation- few close friends if any.

--Neglect in self-care- i.e. hygiene, clothing, or appearance

--Finding it difficult to deal with stressful situations

--Inability to cope with minor problems (defending corners)

--Lack of goal-directed behavior. Not being able to engage in purposeful activity

--Functional impairment in interpersonal relationships, work, education, or self-care

--Deterioration of academic or job-related performance

--Inappropriate responses- laughing or smiling when talking of a sad event, making irrational statements.

--Drug or alcohol abuse

--Frequent move or trips that lead nowhere

Examples of Cognitive Problems Associated with Schizophrenia

--Ruminating thoughts- these are the same thoughts that go around and round your head but get you nowhere. Often about past disappointments, missed opportunities, failed relationships, drawing to Norwich.

--Making up new words

--Becoming incoherent or stringing unrelated words together (Interview with BBC last night)

--Frequent loose association of thoughts or speech- when one thought does not logically relate to the next. For example, "On another day, considering we were in the opposition penalty area the equal number of times as Villa, we might have come away with a point."

--Directionless- lack goals, or the ability to set and achieve goals

--Lack of insight

--Suddenly halting speech in the middle of a sentence “I was an assistant manager at ... ... ... Coventry”

--Trouble with social cues- i.e. not being able to interpret body language, eye contact, voice tone, and gestures appropriately. Often not responding appropriately and thus coming off as cold, distant, or detached. Can also lead to believing protesters are actually praising you.

--Difficulty expressing thoughts verbally.

--Speaking in an abstract or tangential way. Odd use of words or language structure

--Difficulty focusing attention and engaging in goal directed behavior

--Poor concentration/ memory. Forgetfulness

--Nonsensical logic

--Difficulty understanding simple things

--Thoughts, behavior, and actions are not integrated

--Conversations that seem deep, but are not logical or coherent

Examples of Delusions

The most common type of delusion or false beliefs are paranoid delusions. These are persecutory in nature and take many forms:

--Overpowering, intense feeling that people are talking about you, looking at you

--Thinking that someone is trying to poison your food, or spike your Budweiser

--Thinking people are working together to harass you

--Thinking that something is controlling you- i.e. an electronic implant, or an Indian Chicken farmer

--Thinking that your thoughts are being broadcast over the radio or tv. Sadly, they are.

--Delusions of reference- thinking that random events convey a special meaning to you. An example is that a newspaper headline or a license plate has a hidden meaning for you to figure out. That they are signs trying to tell you something.

--Religious delusions- that you are Jesus, God, a prophet, or the antichrist, in extreme cases, a Premier League manager.

--Delusions of grandeur- the belief that you have an important mission, special purpose, or are an unrecognized genius, or famous person.

--Delusions that someone, often a famous person, is in love with you when in reality they aren't. Also called erotomania or de Clerembault syndrome. Harry Redknapp didn’t knock on your door really Steve.

Examples of Hallucinations

--Hallucinations are as real as any other experience to the person with schizophrenia. As many as 70% hear voices, while a lesser number have visual hallucinations.

--Auditory hallucinations can be either inside the person's head or externally. When external, they sound as real as an actual voice. Sometimes they come from no apparent source, other times they come from real people who don't actually say anything, other times a person will hallucinate sounds. Often manifest themselves as Brockhall Villagers praising the type of Football employed.

--When people hear voices inside their heads, it is as if their inner thoughts are no longer alone. The new voices can talk to each other, talk to themselves, or comment on the person's actions. The majority* of the time the voices are negative. * a majority of 1%

--Visual hallucinations operate on a spectrum. They start with the overacuteness of the senses, then in the middle are illusions, and on the far end are actual hallucinations. An example of this may be seeing phantom shots on target.

Surely we have enough evidence to get him sectioned?

***********The above is the personal opinion of Duncan Miller, and is not intended represent the views of the Supporters Trust or any of it's future members.***********

the guy is ###### up in the head, he is Onkar Judge of the football world, they have no idea they are useless and can lie to themselves

this is not a joke, I think he is insane like Onkar and why not? these people exist in music they can't exist in football? deluded

the guy is ###### up in the head, he is Onkar Judge of the football world, they have no idea they are useless and can lie to themselves

this is not a joke, I think he is insane like Onkar and why not? these people exist in music they can't exist in football? deluded

Its a very good point really. The way he twists things to show them in a different light is astonishing. Perhaps he is clinically insane

A joke thread about a football manager with a mental illness.

Didn't think this through did you?

Agreed, and not the type of post I'd expect from someone representing a supporters trust.

I'd suggest getting a personal account for your personal views and use the BRST one for those types of posts?

Agreed, and not the type of post I'd expect from someone representing a supporters trust.

I'd suggest getting a personal account for your personal views and use the BRST one for those types of posts?

Oh come on.

The link between the two events is so slight that to compare them is nothing short of lunacy.

It is comparable to someone not being able to talk about cancer because someone had died of AIDS. They are both progressive and terminal conditions after all.

Due to Speed death there should be no protests and now there should be nothing said that could link to him in any possible way? I'm guessing that the England / Wales rivalry is now over forever also, it would be disrespectful for it to continue after all...

I actually did put thought into it, and removed certain parts which would have been insensitive considering recent events.

Obviously I don't want to offend anyone, and didn't think this post would. Obviously I have underestimated some peoples sensitivity.

I don't see any problem posting this from the BRST username (I also cannot remember the details of the private one I set up)

It is clearly just a joke, and not meant to cause anyone any offence - except for Steve Kean, Venky's and David Dunn. I won't apologise for that.

sorry to be a wet lettuce but mocking mental illness is a bit childish and ignoran, especially in a week when gary speed was driven to hang himself because of his ilness/es. Im not offended by the post and dont think anybody else is really, just find it really childish and the fact that 18+ people have give it a possitive rating is sad.

kean out.

I actually did put thought into it, and removed certain parts which would have been insensitive considering recent events.

Obviously I don't want to offend anyone, and didn't think this post would. Obviously I have underestimated some peoples sensitivity.

I don't see any problem posting this from the BRST username (I also cannot remember the details of the private one I set up)

It is clearly just a joke, and not meant to cause anyone any offence - except for Steve Kean, Venky's and David Dunn. I won't apologise for that.

The BRST account was set up to give details of Rovers Supporters Trust, a trust set up to represent Rovers fans views. I dont agree at all that you should using that for personal opinions.

Anyone reading the site could quite easily see the Rovers Supporters Trust making jokes about subjects that are IMO a little distasteful (I dont doubt your sincerity). You can make whatever jokes, points etc you want as far as Im concerned, but I'd ask you not to make them in the name of an organisation that I'm 100% behind, and this in the wrong hands could be very harmful to the Supporters Trust (you can only imagine the headlines).

If you had made the post in your own name, no problem - I'd just think it was in poor taste and bad timing and move on. I hope you see the difference?

I'm sure admin will help you reactivate your personal account.

The BRST account was set up to give details of Rovers Supporters Trust, a trust set up to represent Rovers fans views. I dont agree at all that you should using that for personal opinions.

Anyone reading the site could quite easily see the Rovers Supporters Trust making jokes about subjects that are IMO a little distasteful (I dont doubt your sincerity). You can make whatever jokes, points etc you want as far as Im concerned, but I'd ask you not to make them in the name of an organisation that I'm 100% behind, and this in the wrong hands could be very harmful to the Supporters Trust (you can only imagine the headlines).

If you had made the post in your own name, no problem - I'd just think it was in poor taste and bad timing and move on. I hope you see the difference?

I'm sure admin will help you reactivate your personal account.

I have edited the post to add a disclaimer, and hope this avoids any confusion.

I have suffered depression for a number of years and I don't personally find the post offensive, even in light of Gary Speed's apparent suicide.

I found the post amusing, and anything that increases awareness of mental health issues can only be a good thing in my book.

Perhaps associating the post with the supporters trust may be perceived as misplaced, but then again, I didn't know what BRST stood for - I assumed it was simply a username, until it was pointed out above...

Archived