BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Richarlyson

jones_rover

Lol AspRover...you then got a perfect two-sentence critique destroying your lengthy argument. Hope your dissertation doesn't turn out the same bud!

Could have been one sentence. But I thought the fact they were both clean sheets might be something to point out since he is a DM. Definitly better than established international, world cup-attending, serie A career Grella.

Lol AspRover...you then got a perfect two-sentence critique destroying your lengthy argument. Hope your dissertation doesn't turn out the same bud!

Consider the dissertation to be far more tedious and considerably better researched!

To be fair my point was that this can be the case with Brazilian international caps, and if this guy got into squads for comparitively high profile matches then that's encouraging (with the slight query as to why he only got two caps four years ago).

I can't be bothered to look it up, but I wonder how many different players got full Brazil caps in the last decade, I suspect it would be a large number.

As for Shaktar, it was an example off the top of my head, I'll admit there are better ones, but there was a time when very good players at Shaktar got games ahead of brilliant players from elsewhere because of location.

I wasn't trying to poke holes in anything, just saying be a bit cautious. I stand by my points, even if it turns out they don't apply to this case.

Generally it's a good point, you do often see Brazilian players with a few odd caps collected from friendlies where the big names have been left away.

It doesn't seem to be the case with Richarlyson though; looking through the match reports, it appears he was included in strong squads. Here is the team from the Ireland game: Julio Cesar, Leonardo Moura, Alex, Julio Baptista, Luisao, Josue, Gilberto Silva, Richarlyson, Luis Fabiano, Diego, Robinho.

I can't find the team for the Sweden game, but I see Pato scored. So he was obviously included in those squads on merit and not because of location. That was nearly 4 years ago though, and in the video clips I can find he doesn't seem very big physically.

Was the same squad, or near enough, for the Sweden game.

1 Julio Cesar - 2 Daniel Alves (13 Rafinha 73'), 3 Lucio [K], 4 Alex, 6 Richarlyson (16 Marcelo 73') - 5 Josue (17 Hernanes 64'), 8 Gilberto Silva - 7 Julio Baptista (19 Anderson 60'), 10 Diego (20 Thiago Neves 65'), 11 Robinho - 9 Luis Fabiano (21 Alexandre Pato 60').

brazilian players are dominating champions league

http://www.barriesview.com/2010/11/brazilians-dominate-this-seasons-champions-league

78 brazilian players compared to 24 from england, with 4 english teams in CL

list of brazilian players in CL 2011/2012

The brazilian national team could probably pick third options in all their positions and still beat england 8 out of 10 times.

Richarlyson has played 5 years in one of the biggest clubs in brazil, so hes not useless. only worrying thing is that he's now playing in a "smaller" club. but he's recently been linked to palmeiras which is ensuring.

it is also quite ensuring that he got his two caps when Dunga was in charge of the national team. Dunga focused alot on brazil being good defensivly which led to him being critized for brazil not playing entertainingly enough.

* a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

* the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Says http://www.internationalworkpermits.com/football-players-work-permits.html (not 100% sure if it's legit, but atleast looks to be)

But as they got Ribeiro through some hole, surely they know they can get Richarlyson too if they're really after him..

Whats the situation with Work Permits? Thought if the nation was in the top 75 or something then it isnt usually a problem??

I think it's in the top 75 and have played a certain percentage of games over a the last year or two. If they don't qualify then it goes to appeal.

By your rules you could sign virtually any player without a work permit...

Says http://www.internationalworkpermits.com/football-players-work-permits.html (not 100% sure if it's legit, but atleast looks to be)

But as they got Ribeiro through some hole, surely they know they can get Richarlyson too if they're really after him..

Cheers, that clears it up.

Bruno Ribeiro has an Italian passport, totally different kettle of fish as he didn't even require a work permit.

Edit: Think I might be getting confused with Formica (well, my Google search turned up a result saying he had Italian citizenship, but it appears to be a comment from Glen Mullan on the LET pages)

Generally it's a good point, you do often see Brazilian players with a few odd caps collected from friendlies where the big names have been left away.

It doesn't seem to be the case with Richarlyson though; looking through the match reports, it appears he was included in strong squads. Here is the team from the Ireland game: Julio Cesar, Leonardo Moura, Alex, Julio Baptista, Luisao, Josue, Gilberto Silva, Richarlyson, Luis Fabiano, Diego, Robinho.

I can't find the team for the Sweden game, but I see Pato scored. So he was obviously included in those squads on merit and not because of location. That was nearly 4 years ago though, and in the video clips I can find he doesn't seem very big physically.

Surely only Dunga could have picked that team.

Cheers, that clears it up.

Bruno Ribeiro has an Italian passport, totally different kettle of fish as he didn't even require a work permit.

Edit: Think I might be getting confused with Formica (well, my Google search turned up a result saying he had Italian citizenship, but it appears to be a comment from Glen Mullan on the LET pages)

That was Formica, yes. But I would imagine Ribeiro has an EU-passport too as there's no way he would qualify for a work permit unless they've counterfeited his application :)

That was Formica, yes. But I would imagine Ribeiro has an EU-passport too as there's no way he would qualify for a work permit unless they've counterfeited his application :)

I imagine at the hearing we just showed them a photocopy of Dennis Irwin's passport and that did the trick.

It appears to be a geniune interest but I'm not sure we should pay a fee for him. Does anyone know who the loan signing we're close to? Kammy illudes to it in the new podcast but can't say because he promised his source. It looks like unless we can get rid of Salgado, Roberts and Andrews nobody his coming in - the Paraguayan would be a far better signing though than Richarlyson.

great we look at signing a brazilian and hes a defensive midfielder.... not sure they exist in brazil, the 1s that are are usualy rubbish.

Haha. Joker

To add to Gilberto Silva and Dunga above, we could also add Mazinho and Mauro Silva. I'd say that Brazil are famed for their holding midfielders more than any other nation.

Haha. Joker

To add to Gilberto Silva and Dunga above, we could also add Mazinho and Mauro Silva. I'd say that Brazil are famed for their holding midfielders more than any other nation.

Lucas at liverpool has turned out well after a terrible start and sandro at spurs looks a decent player.

Haha. Joker

I read tonight that this trasnfer is now unlikely. So I'm wondering who we will turn our attention to next and who this mystery loan is. Wish I hadn't heard the podcast now.

Lucas at liverpool has turned out well after a terrible start and sandro at spurs looks a decent player.

Agree no end on both (although for some reason thought lucas was an argie).. I actually liked Lucas despite many hating him at the beginning.. and Sandro is a player who given the chance I reckon will make it.

I guess Brazil and South America in general produces an awful lot of good def midfielders as they are almost essential to how they play football.. with an extreme element in regards to growing up normally playing in teams with excess numbers of attack minded players they have gained allot of expereince.

Archived