BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Richarlyson

jones_rover

That judge is one messed up hombre. If he'd said that over here in court he'd never work as a judge again and rightly so. I assume it's illegal to discriminate for work on the basis of sexuality over there too, or surely the player's lawyers wouldn't have gone to court over it then sued the judge. So what on earth was he thinking? The FIFA comment is quite comical though, I wonder if he thinks FIFA have some anti-homosexuality rule.

As to signing him, hadn't heard of him. Caceres sounds more exciting from what's been said, but not seen him either. Anyone seen the brazillian?

Hemel- two international games for brazil though, so he may well get one. If it fails, maybe he can claim asylum, with the abuse he seems to be getting over there! ;-)

Wonder how many times Kean has seen this guy play live. Probaly numerous times just like with Modeste, goodwillie, ribiero, rochina, formica, petrovic and anderson (even though he hardly played a senior match before he arrived).

Wonder how many times Kean has seen this guy play live. Probaly numerous times just like with Modeste, goodwillie, ribiero, rochina, formica, petrovic and anderson (even though he hardly played a senior match before he arrived).

I know your just laying into kean for the sake of it here - but im guessing he has seen more players than me or you as has been involved in football for a longtime from coaching to Manager - his ability to pick a player is up for debate.

But i dont see the evidence of him not seeing the players you mentioned.

Im sure he has seen them all in one aspect or the other - ribero was here on trial first so kean must have seen something but it obviously hasnt worked out as he cant even get on the bench, but he wont be the first manager to do this not by a long shot.

Im guessing he was just a panic buy becasue we needed numbers as whoever was getting incomings in the summer windows were shambolic.

This window so far looks nothing short of the same, im sure our position and situation hasnt helped. But I expected better (not sure why) and as has been said it doesnt look like Kean has anything substantial to spend

But there is time yet and if samba or hoilett dont leave 2 more incoming and we should be ok.

Bruno and this guy are chalk and cheese.

This guy has played 140+ games for one of the biggest teams in Brazil, winning three titles in the process, two caps for Brazil too, don't know whether he can adapt but he is a DM and that's what we need!

personally I've never heard of him but you don't usually get a Brazil cap if you're crap (I'm sure someone will reply and post a list of useless players to have received a cap)

Actually, because of the way Brazil operate (or at least have in the past) that's not quite true. If they have a low key friendly somewhere then they have a tendency to pick a squad based on the players that can get there easily, thats why Shaktar Donetsk consistantly have Brazilian internationals - if theres a friendly in northern Europe or Central Asia or somewhere then its a lot easier on the players if they have to travel from Ukraine rather than Rio.

Likewise, if there is a low key home friendly then Brazilian - based players will be picked rather than shipping in the stars from Europe. Its actually a very sensible way of adapting to having your best players spread over such a wide variety of countries, however it means that when you are looking at a player with only two caps by his late 20s, who has never played outside of Brazil and never travelled to a world cup you have to be a bit wary of the 'Brazilian International' tag.

I'm not saying he's going to be rubbish mind, hopefully he'll be a little gem of a player.

I think I've spent too long writing my dissertation this week - that was a perfect little point, example, justification, rebuttal on a piece of transfer gossip...

I doubt its going to get much better than this in terms of the standard of players Rovers bring in this month so I say lets give him a go. Although a bit of a kick in the teeth for Petrovic who actually seems to have improved over the last two games.

I dont think n'zonzi and petrovic suit each other we need a hard working midfielder with an engine who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Ive wondered if lowe could step up and do that he hasnt been given the chance and not sure if he could do the grabbing by the neck, but saying that we dont have time to find out.

Wouldnt be as bad if this guy is the only mid we bring in and as long we get a right back as that gives us n'zonzi, lowe, petrovic, richarlyson for the midfield and for me it would be n'zonzi as the 1st name down then either lowe oe petrovic with maybe richarlyson coming on a sub to see what he can do and get used to the league (if he is any good and not another riberio

Actually, because of the way Brazil operate (or at least have in the past) that's not quite true. If they have a low key friendly somewhere then they have a tendency to pick a squad based on the players that can get there easily, thats why Shaktar Donetsk consistantly have Brazilian internationals - if theres a friendly in northern Europe or Central Asia or somewhere then its a lot easier on the players if they have to travel from Ukraine rather than Rio.

Likewise, if there is a low key home friendly then Brazilian - based players will be picked rather than shipping in the stars from Europe. Its actually a very sensible way of adapting to having your best players spread over such a wide variety of countries, however it means that when you are looking at a player with only two caps by his late 20s, who has never played outside of Brazil and never travelled to a world cup you have to be a bit wary of the 'Brazilian International' tag.

I'm not saying he's going to be rubbish mind, hopefully he'll be a little gem of a player.

I think I've spent too long writing my dissertation this week - that was a perfect little point, example, justification, rebuttal on a piece of transfer gossip...

He played in Ireland and England. Both clean sheets :)

Archived