BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Optimism

rigger

We keep a clean sheet in our next game, and win every game in March.

Rubbish - that's not optimism - that's downright silly thinking. And many rovers fans would agree with me - lots voted with their feet yesterday apparently and simply didn't attend. I wasn't there myself, not because I couldn't be bothered but because i'd agreed to go to a friend's wedding before the fixture list even came out, but my daughter went instead and, having not been to a match in a while as she's usually watching it at work, she was shocked by the very low crowd compared to the last game she attended earlier this season

Rubbish - that's not optimism - that's downright silly thinking. And many rovers fans would agree with me - lots voted with their feet yesterday apparently and simply didn't attend. I wasn't there myself, not because I couldn't be bothered but because i'd agreed to go to a friend's wedding before the fixture list even came out, but my daughter went instead and, having not been to a match in a while as she's usually watching it at work, she was shocked by the very low crowd compared to the last game she attended earlier this season

20,252 stones plumet slower than our attendances.

I wonder how many of those were QPR fans?

I am becoming more optimistic, the first half yesterday was as good as response as possible after arsenal, having watched the Wigan Bolton game, Wolves game and QPR, we are a better side. Silly subs like taking Formica off yesterday, dont help, but I honestly believe we are a better side with better players who collectively are fighting to stay up together.

• Backroom

Cant think of any back to back wins this season. Big problem, we need to put a run together.

Since Steve Kean has become manager we have never had back to back wins. Don't think we can expect it this time, either.

• Backroom

Or clean sheets! He's the gift that keeps on giving!

I thought that too, but was reminded we did get that 0-0 draw with Arsenal last April. Not sure we've ever won a game and kept a clean sheet under Keano, though.

4 clean sheets in 46 league games under Kean:

23/1/11 (H) won v W. Brom 2-0

12/2/11 (H) draw v Newcastle 0 -0

2/4/11 (A) draw v Arsenal 0 - 0

30/4/11 (H) won v Bolton 1 - 0

28 games since our last clean sheet (prem record is 34 - W. Brom last season)

Thats an atrocious record, isn't it.

A wise man once said that if you keep a clean sheet, no matter what else happens, you're guaranteed at least a point.

Rovers are the only side not to have kept a clean sheet in England or Scotland (conference and above) this season.

Oh and you can add the top divisions of Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France , Germany, Georgia, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland & Turkey to that list.

There are more but I got bored of checking the entire world.

And West Ham. His first game was 0-0.

Archived