BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Network 18 Cover Rovers and Venky's

Kamy100

How influential would this be in India? Is it widely read? Otherwise it won`t be hitting the targets that it is aimed at.

That said,good work to Kamy and anybody else who`s organised this and the other media items.Let`s hope Venky`s take notice of at least one of them.... :wacko:

Apparently this website is widely read in India, the article is very much aimed at Indian readership. The big thing here is that the Network 18 TV news channels will also be picking this up.

Brilliant Kamy,Thats put a cat amongst the ..erm chickens.I honestly think If we are going to see change this is the best way to see it happen.

I agree that the best way to influence Venky's is to get them bad PR in the markets that they operate in. If we can build pressure then that is one possible way forward.

Did they react to the The Economic Times of India article ?

Unfortunately not publically but it caused a lot of ructions behind the scenes, that particular article also got a lot of coverage in India and made Indian Media about what Venky’s had done to Rovers. Indian Economic Times have also not given up on the story, as it turned into one of the most popular stories that they have ever done they are very keen to do a followup!

I agree that the best way to influence Venky's is to get them bad PR in the markets that they operate in. If we can build pressure then that is one possible way forward.

Bang on! Rovers are now a Publicity Vehicle for Venkys. If we keep up the stream of bad publicity they

are faced with the stark choice of, investing in us to make a success of it, or selling up before they do real damage to their core business.

What are Venkys shares doing these days?

Unfortunately not publically but it caused a lot of ructions behind the scenes, that particular article also got a lot of coverage in India and made Indian Media about what Venky’s had done to Rovers. Indian Economic Times have also not given up on the story, as it turned into one of the most popular stories that they have ever done they are very keen to do a followup!

Is the Economic Times really that well read, I would argue the majority of people who visited the article which has givin it so much coverage were Rovers fans.

Good stuff.

It's so frustrating because if they had run the club properly all the negative press that they are getting now would be positive. They would be happy to get the publicity and the fans would be happy as well.

good to see my comment has been posted!!!!!

“The club I once knew is no more. We are being asset stripped, parachute payments will be siphoned from the club by the owners and we will drop into the oblivion. I will never forgive the owners for what they have done nor will I support Steve Kean as a manager,” claims Lee Walsh.

Kammy, Im always available for an interview should they require one!!!

Nice work Kamy.

''they are now fighting survival and the fans' anger seems to be pointing in one direction Steve Kean.''

Mmmm....Venky's are getting plenty and its more than well deserved too

quite right too,

they have crapped in our backyard, time to crap in theirs, and some

Great work, Kamy, and to all those who contributed.

While I don't imagine this will damage Venky's in the long-term, it's about time they faced up to the sh*tstorm they've created here instead of hiding away back home.

I have to agree. The points made summed up a lot of the feelings of most if not all the fans involved with our club IMO. The point of not having to be in CL but but being ok with atleast a top 10 finish hit the nail on the head for me.

I hope that with this kind of PR they start making changes for the better or sell the club to someone who knows what there doing.

Nice article - and you can see FirstPost has published 3 others as well - and these appear as links just below today's one.

http://www.firstpost.com/living/venky%e2%80%99s-may-know-their-chicken-but-not-their-communication-54810.html

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/venkys-is-in-a-soup-%e2%80%93-and-its-not-chicken-148263.html

FWIW, Economic Times is much more widely read in India (both print and online) as compared to FP (which is only online).

The ET article definitely made people notice, as those readers who didnt know anything about the EPL other than team names like Man Utd & Chelsea were suddenly asking why the Venkys have made a mess of the Rovers (as compared to other Indian ownerships like Tatas owning Jaguar). These are average Indians who dont follow football at all.

I do find it amazing that the Indian press are understanding our issues and presenting them clearer than a lot of the media here at home. Says a lot for the lazy standard of journalism a number of our outlets have.

Archived