BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DONT BUY SEASON TICKETS NEXT SEASON

Doogs

This stuff about not renewing season tickets having a mega financial impact is ridiculous. Seasons tickets and indeed entry as a whole to prem games simply doesn't have that much of an impact on finances.

The big impact will come from the loss of TV money and all moneys associated with it, and no amount of season tickets will make up for the massive gap that will open in the club's finances should we go down and lose that income stream.

That's fair enough right now, as a Premier League Club, the gates and match day income only make up about 8.5% of total income. While not significant, it is not insignificant either, and can't really be scoffed at. However, if we go down a league, even with the first couple of years of parachute payments, that same category of turnover jumps to being 18%, or near enough 1/5 of total income - that is significant and should be a real concern for any ownership. It is of paramount importance to anyone running a business to take care of and develop that size a revenue stream, period.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fair enough right now, as a Premier League Club, the gates and match day income only make up about 8.5% of total income. While not significant, it is not insignificant either, and can't really be scoffed at. However, if we go down a league, even with the first couple of years of parachute payments, that same category of turnover jumps to being 18%, or near enough 1/5 of total income - that is significant and should be a real concern for any ownership. It is of paramount importance to anyone running a business to take care of and develop that size a revenue stream, period.

Given the tight margins we operate within I would very much consider losing 8.5% of income significant.

Anyway not buying a season ticket as a form of protest doesn't really sit well with me. At the end of the day it won't hurt Venky's it will only hurt Rovers. With Venky's seemingly unwilling to inject cash all that will happen is it will push us closer to the edge. If we still are in the prem next season we will not be able to afford a -10 point deduction should the worst happen.

Given the tight margins we operate within I would very much consider losing 8.5% of income significant.

Anyway not buying a season ticket as a form of protest doesn't really sit well with me. At the end of the day it won't hurt Venky's it will only hurt Rovers. With Venky's seemingly unwilling to inject cash all that will happen is it will push us closer to the edge. If we still are in the prem next season we will not be able to afford a -10 point deduction should the worst happen.

Maj, how about showing your displeasure by not getting your ST til the last possible moment?

That will give you your satisfaction and, at the same time, showing some protest.

Lower ST sales will impact the Venkys, perhaps not in the pocket, but it will show what people really think. I do understand your personal position though.

:wacko: how am i point scoring by stating.. we used to get regular crowds around 8,000 and i'll renew ? plenty of others have stated much the same!

obvious you want to argue.. <_<

8k ? I remember 5.

Maj, how about showing your displeasure by not getting your ST til the last possible moment?

That will give you your satisfaction and, at the same time, showing some protest.

Lower ST sales will impact the Venkys, perhaps not in the pocket, but it will show what people really think. I do understand your personal position though.

They don't give a rancid giblet about fans and renewals tho.

Supporter since early 70's and season ticket holder for over 25 years on and off. Currently pay for 5 tickets Lower Tier BE.

Simply put, I don't enjoy watching our team or going to the matches anymore home or away. The football is child-like and crap, the strategy non existant, the professionalism laughable and the atmopshere pathetic. I have already stopped going away this season and next season will stop attending at home if VenKean remains in charge.

The club has been decimated from top to bottom and is now a pale shadow of its former self. What is left to support? The badge? The shirt? Memories? The ground? Jack's statue? Seriously what is left? We have hated owners, management and players with little loyalty. We have the job lot at our club just now.

Roversmum may say I am not a true blue. Others may say the same. I don't really care. I have forgotten more about Rovers than most of these will ever know. Rovers till I die means a fan forever. It does not say anything about trawling down Livesey Branch Road in the cold at a weekend to be let down by overpaid mercenaries, managed by someone not fit for purpose, all wrapped up in lies, deceit and secrecy and polished off with media scripted sound-bites that the ill-informed swallow hook, line and sinker.

All my predictions and those of many others have come to fruition. I am not claiming any credit for this as it was all eminently predictable and pretty obviouis to anyone with a modicum of football knowledge. Those that needlessly argued the toss for months on end have been left with nowhere to go and nothing left to say. It has been a total and utter embarrassment ever since the new owners came in.

We remain in the bottom three. Laughably, many have forgotten we only survived on the last day of last season and it could have been so much worse this time round.

Disgraceful and shambolic. The only thing Venkean have proven adept at doing is spectacularly lowering everyones expectations.

RTID. Forever. Whether I am gardening on Saturday's, or looking at fans wearing yellow.

I have been coming to Ewood Park for 50years now. I started to support the club at the age of 10 shortly after being taken to Tom Finneys testimonial game,in which the mercurial Bryan Douglas bagged 4 goals. Seeing him and Ronnie Clayton play that night decided who I would support for the next 5 decades.In those 50 years I have met players from this club, from Bryan Douglas to Steven Reid.I have been gutted by the sale of star centre backs over the years,from Mike England in the 60s to Henning Berg, Colin Hendry, Phil Jones and Chris Samba. I have seen bad managers before, Jim Iley and Paul Ince spring to mind,but never have I seen the club go in the direction it is now. The fans were always allowed a say,bad managers were dispensed with and order was always restored. I now fear for the club with the present owners and the puppet currently in charge.

After 50 years watching Rovers play in every division down to what is now league 1,I feel I am justified in my comments. I have never been a ''fair weather'' fan nor have I ever booed anyone that has played in the blue and white but if the present situation continues I will not be renewing my season ticket.

This sort of response from a die hard Rover should be noticed by someone in a position of power within the club. Unfortunately the current hard of hearing owners just wont care.

Majiball is absolutely right.Not getting an ST will hurt Rovers more than Venkys......its a proven fact that STs keep you more active and regular(by definition). Drop your ST and you may got to the occasional match.

If Venkys do sell then we need a great offer to 'old' STs to pledge again. In those circumstances as a current ST holder I will not complain-but sure as hell some will.

Rover on the Hill - interesting post.

When people like you are talking the way they are, the club must take notice. Once fans don't renew, in my experience, they don't come back.

I'm really struggling with this. On the one hand 50 years leaves it's mark. I can't even imagine what else I'd finish up doing on match days, yet on the other hand I see people renewing as people who are positively supporting the Raos and the attrocious way they're treating the club and the fans. How can I support that? Make no bones about it, buying a season ticket is giving your vote of confidence to the owners.

So to me, the "support your club" calls don't wash. I don't want to support what they're doing to BRFC. [and support means putting your cash behind them.] No matter what your position is on this, if you buy a Season ticket, you are supporting the owners. You're supporting them financially and morally. You're giving them the green light to continue. If season ticket sales held up they would see that as a backing for their actions.

What happens if they sack Kean? Will fans renew then, even though the Raos will still be here? - and one last question to those who say theyr're rovers fans til they die - what would it take for you to turn your back on the club. Would you go whatever the clubs owners did to us?

So to cap - I don't know.

Supporter since early 70's and season ticket holder for over 25 years on and off. Currently pay for 5 tickets Lower Tier BE.

Simply put, I don't enjoy watching our team or going to the matches anymore home or away. The football is child-like and crap, the strategy non existant, the professionalism laughable and the atmopshere pathetic. I have already stopped going away this season and next season will stop attending at home if VenKean remains in charge.

The club has been decimated from top to bottom and is now a pale shadow of its former self. What is left to support? The badge? The shirt? Memories? The ground? Jack's statue? Seriously what is left? We have hated owners, management and players with little loyalty. We have the job lot at our club just now.

Roversmum may say I am not a true blue. Others may say the same. I don't really care. I have forgotten more about Rovers than most of these will ever know. Rovers till I die means a fan forever. It does not say anything about trawling down Livesey Branch Road in the cold at a weekend to be let down by overpaid mercenaries, managed by someone not fit for purpose, all wrapped up in lies, deceit and secrecy and polished off with media scripted sound-bites that the ill-informed swallow hook, line and sinker.

All my predictions and those of many others have come to fruition. I am not claiming any credit for this as it was all eminently predictable and pretty obviouis to anyone with a modicum of football knowledge. Those that needlessly argued the toss for months on end have been left with nowhere to go and nothing left to say. It has been a total and utter embarrassment ever since the new owners came in.

We remain in the bottom three. Laughably, many have forgotten we only survived on the last day of last season and it could have been so much worse this time round.

Disgraceful and shambolic. The only thing Venkean have proven adept at doing is spectacularly lowering everyones expectations.

RTID. Forever. Whether I am gardening on Saturday's, or looking at fans wearing yellow.

Not a case of not being true blue. Wholly understandable that do not want to renew.

Albeit, no criticism should be made of those that do. Such criticism has been muted by others previously.

Not a case of not being true blue. Wholly understandable that do not want to renew.

Albeit, no criticism should be made of those that do. Such criticism has been muted by others previously.

I did not criticise anyone. Nor would I complain at any fan renewing season tickets as I have done that most of my adult life. Equally, I don't need people suggesting I am not a loyal fan if I decide not to renew after over 35 years home and away support.

The reasons are blatantly obvious and my view is shared by many very loyal, long-standing and ardent Rovers fans.

Rover on the Hill - interesting post.

When people like you are talking the way they are, the club must take notice. Once fans don't renew, in my experience, they don't come back.

I'm really struggling with this. On the one hand 50 years leaves it's mark. I can't even imagine what else I'd finish up doing on match days, yet on the other hand I see people renewing as people who are positively supporting the Raos and the attrocious way they're treating the club and the fans. How can I support that? Make no bones about it, buying a season ticket is giving your vote of confidence to the owners.

So to me, the "support your club" calls don't wash. I don't want to support what they're doing to BRFC. [and support means putting your cash behind them.] No matter what your position is on this, if you buy a Season ticket, you are supporting the owners. You're supporting them financially and morally. You're giving them the green light to continue. If season ticket sales held up they would see that as a backing for their actions.

What happens if they sack Kean? Will fans renew then, even though the Raos will still be here? - and one last question to those who say theyr're rovers fans til they die - what would it take for you to turn your back on the club. Would you go whatever the clubs owners did to us?

So to cap - I don't know.

My answer is that if Kean is sacked I will buy a season ticket. At least the owners would be showing some signs of taking notice but with Kean smiling his smug confrontational smile at me no way will I renew.

It's a real pity really because I now have an excellent seat which I will probably lose but I can't stomach Kean.

Archived