BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DONT BUY SEASON TICKETS NEXT SEASON

Doogs

Is asset stripping still not allowed to be mentioned?

Some of us have been pretty sure that this would be the case for a long time. It's the only thing that seems to makes sense about the whole shambles.

Venky's bought Rovers to make money out of Rovers, and they obviously will do so whatever the effect has on the club. Then they will be off.

Relegation might hasten their departure. Staying up could, in reality, be much worse for Rovers in the long run.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us have been pretty sure that this would be the case for a long time. It's the only thing that seems to makes sense about the whole shambles.

Venky's bought Rovers to make money out of Rovers, and they obviously will do so whatever the effect has on the club. Then they will be off.

Relegation might hasten their departure. Staying up could, in reality, be much worse for Rovers in the long run.

*Shudder*

Except this isn't the club that I pledged that loyalty to anymore.

You have a point, ER. However, that's your decision. Mine is to stick.

What is it your pledging your loyalty to Roversmum?

This club has been occupied, we are now a cashcow for an Indian poultry organisation trying to claw back everything they can from Balaji's latest failed vanity project.

For 130 years the fans have felt part of something, 'a club' if you will, this ain't a football club anymore.

Will I go? Probably, does it make me a better supporter? No, because I don't support any of them, my only hope is that they all feck off.

Blindly backing the club because some lads run around Ewood Park in blue n white does not make you a superfan, not any more.

What's 'superfan' got to do with anything - whatever that is? Just because I don't give up my season ticket, run around with shirts/banners that say 'Venky's Out' and go around calling the owners/manager names that I can't even bring myself to write doesn't mean to say I don't feel the pain. However if it rocks your boat then please carry on - although to be fair it doesn't seem to be having much effect. It's still not going to stop me attending matches as long as I am able, though. I'm not getting any younger and the day will come, probably sooner rather than later, when I am unable to attend.

Others react differently, that's their prerogative, kindly allow me mine. I'm not telling anyone what to do, just saying what I am doing as you are and I would be grateful for less of the criticism thank you.

Why would ANYONE - let alone a manager - put up with this?

If they stood to gain (financially) from it?

Count me in that number FLB (and have been for a year or so). You're right, it's the only way that events make any sort of sense. I genuinely don't see though how staying up could make things worse. Surely the outcome is just as bad relegation or not - what's your thinking on that one?

Roversmum, I will be doing the exact same as you next season, so I'm not criticising your choice.

I'll be there, largely for my own gratification I suppose, so when they finally all do depart, I can be there to flip them the bird.

But, let's not kid ourselves, 'loyalty to the club' means very little as the 'club' no longer exists at Ewood Park, but is now with us, the fans in spirit.

You have a point, ER. However, that's your decision. Mine is to stick.

What's 'superfan' got to do with anything - whatever that is? Just because I don't give up my season ticket, run around with shirts/banners that say 'Venky's Out' and go around calling the owners/manager names that I can't even bring myself to write doesn't mean to say I don't feel the pain. However if it rocks your boat then please carry on - although to be fair it doesn't seem to be having much effect. It's still not going to stop me attending matches as long as I am able, though. I'm not getting any younger and the day will come, probably sooner rather than later, when I am unable to attend.

Others react differently, that's their prerogative, kindly allow me mine. I'm not telling anyone what to do, just saying what I am doing as you are and I would be grateful for less of the criticism thank you.

That being the case, please don't say you are going because that's what loyal supporters do. It automatically says that those who don't go are not loyal.

That being the case, please don't say you are going because that's what loyal supporters do. It automatically says that those who don't go are not loyal.

You're getting a bit 'holier than thou', Stuart, and nit-picking. It's not necessary. I am saying what loyalty means to me, if it doesn't mean that to you I'm sorry but that's how it is. Perhaps I used the wrong word but I don't see why I should have to think out every word before I post. It's a sad say when I can't even say I'm getting a season ticket as usual.

An the end of the day we are all worried and upset about what we perceive to be happening to Rovers. How we each choose to deal with it is a personal matter and I am fed up with being told - what I should or shouldn't write or do. Until we start giving each other some slack and appreciating different views and ways of putting things there will not be unity.

There is a lot of 'holier than thou' going on.

You are perfectly entitled to renew your season ticket, of course you are, and at the second time of asking you've given your reasons. I'll put your original turn of phrase down to you being in a rush to get out to the game.

Besides that, there will not be unity regardless of what we type on a MB, 'mum. Not until Kean and the Raos have left the club. At which point everyone, even those anti-BRAG will turn around and say "they were a rum lot those Venkys".

I believe that there actually is more unity than you think, Stuart. People have different ideas of how best to cope with the situation, that's what most seem to have issues with.

I agree with you on this one Mum, I don't infer that not buying a season ticket means you aren't a fan. Then again don't be a cynic and accuse those of us who will be buying as being naive and not wanting a resolution of the current, sad position.

There is far too much I'm right and you're wrong on this Board. Abuse never persuades people to a way of thinking.

If you don't buy a season ticket then that is your choice. Buying one is mine.

1966 that was the yr i fell in love with my club BLACKBURN ROVERS.ive watched them in every league they have played in.seen a lot of highs also plenty of lows.the one thing that our club has always had in all my years watching them is people in charge of them doing a very good job.people who have loved the club the same as all of us on here.

however the people who now own OUR club have no feelings what so ever for the club or its supporters. i can stand bad results and losing games and playing bad footbal BUT the one thing i cant put up with anymore is being lied to by the owners and a man acting to be a football manager.so having said all this i will not be getting a s/t next season for the first time in years.i wont be buying at the club shop in fact they wont get another penny off me

that said it is still my club.so while this lot own my club i will only be watching them next season at away games.i hope every fan thats not renewing will have a think about watching them only in away games, lets cut our money off from venkys,

Ha ha very funny Drog. We pay for our own tickets as always. It's called loyalty. When some say rovers till I die they mean it.

Just off to see the ladies' play PNE in the Fa cup. See you later.

Some would say that's an unhealthy obsession, and in many ways an unhelpful outlook when what is needed is pragmatism and rational thinking. Such is the situation it is the fans who will have to think that way as we have owners who do the opposite.

Apart from apathy playing a big part in non renewals there could be another factor. If we go down we will play 23 home games rather than the 19 we do now. We won't get them for free. I honestly believe that the prices will be double what we have paid this season.

We've made at least £40m in sales, yet we are lead to believe more sales are required due to the debt we are in. What debt? And where has all the money gone?

Is this right?

By memory only:

Jones: 16 million

Kalinic: 6 million

Samba: 11 million (actually 9 as we have to pay Hertha)

Andrews: 0

Roberts: 1 million

Emerton: 0

Nelson: 0

I'm at 32 million. Whom am I forgetting?

And don't forget that we paid money for Rochina, Formica, Dann, Goodwillie, etc. And J. Jones and Santa Cruz cost a pretty penny in wages.

At a guess, we've earned roughly 10 million net on transfers. Which, if we've applied it to the bank loan would still mean we're 10 million in the hole.

I don't see Venkys as asset strippers. Reckless, yes. Incompetents, maybe. Asset strippers, no.

This biggest argument against it is that they are paying down the debt (albeit grudgingly).

In my view, Venkys "plan" appears to be a bit of a gamble. Get rid of the high wage earners. This means Robison, MGP and Givet should be next out the door. Replace them with younger, cheaper models. In Robbo's case, it may work out as Bunn is an excellent keeper. MGP is a good player, at times, and not so good at other times. So I think these two are not critical. Givet worries me. Who is the experienced, steady hand in our back four if he goes?

So I don't view Venkys efforts to eliminate the debt and getting the wage bill under control as asset stripping. It is a high risk gamble as they kept a crap manager in place and allowed too many experienced leaders (Nelson in particular) to exit the club. But if the club maintains PL status (doubtful), we could be in a position to get our house in order for the 2012-13 season IF they get a competent management team in place. And if we're relegated, then they've eliminated the debt and reduced the wage bill to manageable levels so the Championship won't be the kiss of death to the club. And again, if they ditch Kean they might be able to fight their way back into the PL.

And, if MG Road can be believed, they may decide to ditch Kean in the summer. If so, there is hope no matter what happens this season. I just wish they'd had gone about their plan with a competent manager as the chances of success (defined as retaining PL status while eliminating debt and reducing the wage bill) would have been remarkably improved.

Is this right?

By memory only:

Jones: 16 million

Kalinic: 6 million

Samba: 11 million (actually 9 as we have to pay Hertha)

Andrews: 0

Roberts: 1 million

Emerton: 0

Nelson: 0

I'm at 32 million. Whom am I forgetting?

And don't forget that we paid money for Rochina, Formica, Dann, Goodwillie, etc. And J. Jones and Santa Cruz cost a pretty penny in wages.

At a guess, we've earned roughly 10 million net on transfers. Which, if we've applied it to the bank loan would still mean we're 10 million in the hole.

I thought there was another big one but you may be right. But £32m, £34m, £40m, it could be any of those. There are a lot of undisclosed and we have no idea how much money is changing hands and going to the likes of agents either.

Point is, we should not be in this situation. We have had big bucks come into the club within the last 12 months. We managed to get by with one big sale per year, and finally, the Summer before the "sale", we became a trading club again - probably in part down to the 10th place finish. It can be done with these kinds of numbers, why not now?

It certainly looks like we can't afford to pay Salgado - even if he drops his demand for a contract extension. Same could be said about Nelsen and Roberts.

Regardless of peoples view of these players, we are either completely skint or have no class whatsoever.

You do appreciate the logical inconsistency in coming on a Blackburn Rovers messageboard daily to berate other people for wanting to go and watch Blackburn Rovers next season then! :)

You forgot the "pay good money to..." in that post.

Doogs the dingle?

Sorry but I dont agree with anyone actively trying to harm the club further. If people choose to give up there Season tickets then thats there call....but people calling for fans to boycott is bad news.

Il be there. Premier league, Championship, League 1, League 2, Evo Sticks or wherever.

Archived