BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DONT BUY SEASON TICKETS NEXT SEASON

Doogs

Doogs the dingle?

Sorry but I dont agree with anyone actively trying to harm the club further. If people choose to give up there Season tickets then thats there call....but people calling for fans to boycott is bad news.

Il be there. Premier league, Championship, League 1, League 2, Evo Sticks or wherever.

In many ways I totally agree with you Hughesy but the problem I have is that I believe that any money I give for season tickets won't go to the club but will be winging it's way to Pune. The question I have to answer, and I haven't as yet, is after 50 years of supporting Blackburn Rovers do I really want to put my money into what would seem to be a struggling chicken company in India?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a new group and web-site for 'renewing' Season-Ticket holders is now required.

I buy my Season Ticket every year as a matter of absolute duty and addiction.

As a friend said 'we have no option' We will still be there long after the Venkys tenure is still

a bad dream(or false dawn)

The idea of a thread drumming up support to not buy a Season Ticket is like self-harm,arson and sabotage

to your own interests,your own clan,your own future enjoyment.

And if there are just 8000 of us next season will you be happy?

Maybe a new thread on BRFCS asking for a vote to ask the Administrators to close it down?

SUPPORT BRSIT....REGISTER NOW.

And if there are just 8000 of us next season will you be happy?

No, I'll be devestated after seeing bumper gates again at Ewood these last few years.

But, there is not a lot we can do about it, I sense next season will be another 1960, and it could take us generations to recover (if at all).

I just have to mention it. After the debacle in Italian football some years ago, Napoli got relegated to Serie C. Even In Serie C they had third most attendances in Italy. Also I remember I thought it was remarkable how the Pompey supporters stuck by their team even with corrupt owners. I love it when I meet Hardcore Leeds supporters who have followed Leeds down the divisons. I think some of us are behaving like spoilt brats.

The difference being, all those clubs knew they were screwed.

This lit us to pretend everything is ok, no problems, and insulting our intelligence.

Everything is not okey. It's a ###### disgrace whats happening to our club, but I will always be a rover. I am prepared for championship football next year and I will be at Stamford Bridge 13th of May. Might be an historical last game in the top division for a longtime.

I just have to mention it. After the debacle in Italian football some years ago, Napoli got relegated to Serie C. Even In Serie C they had third most attendances in Italy. Also I remember I thought it was remarkable how the Pompey supporters stuck by their team even with corrupt owners. I love it when I meet Hardcore Leeds supporters who have followed Leeds down the divisons. I think some of us are behaving like spoilt brats.

Eh? Portmsouth is three times bigger than Blackburn, yet they struggle to muster 10000 home fans a game.

And as for Leeds, it is one of the biggest cities in Britain, with fans across the Yorkshire region and they struggle to get 20000.

Everything is not okey. It's a ###### disgrace whats happening to our club, but I will always be a rover. I am prepared for championship football next year and I will be at Stamford Bridge 13th of May. Might be an historical last game in the top division for a longtime.

It's the end of an era for sure.

We will just have to wait and see what the next chapter is.....

Many of us have supported the club down the divisions, many of us are hardcore. I enjoyed the third division, we were the big club.

However relegation this time has nothing to do with people withdrawing their support. Throwing money at the scum stripping the club bare isn't an option for some.

I understand what you are saying Aggy, but refusing to put money into the club will takes us closer to financial meltdown. It's an even circle right now, but I know there will be better times to be a Rover in the future.

The point is that there is no way of knowing if season ticket money will go to the club or end up in Pune. Many of us have travelled the road from top of the old First Division to bottom of the Third Division before. However, this time it's different. This time we have a woman who owns the club but isn't interested in the club. The woman appears to be interested only in money. Do you honestly think that there will be any serious rebuilding of the squad in the summer? Of course there won't. I believe people at the club already know that they are going to take a serious hit in season ticket sales in the summer based on the numbers of season ticket holders who have already stopped going.

Whilst I will probably renew, simply in the hope that one day this creature in Pune will have stripped the club of all she can and have left. However, I would never criticise anyone for not renewing while this creature in Pune owns the club.

• Backroom

This stuff about not renewing season tickets having a mega financial impact is ridiculous. Seasons tickets and indeed entry as a whole to prem games simply doesn't have that much of an impact on finances.

The big impact will come from the loss of TV money and all moneys associated with it, and no amount of season tickets will make up for the massive gap that will open in the club's finances should we go down and lose that income stream.

so be it. that was the norm years ago! i'll be there whatever league we are in.

i'm staggered at critisising roversmum for her being loyal! :unsure:

how low will some stoop just be pedantic and to point score ? :(

What do you mean by stooping low, what exactly do you object to? Is Roversmum to be treated differently than other posters, Zacc?

Nice that you object to point scoring but pontificate: "I'll be there whatever league we are in". Although that isn't really the whole story, is it, Zacc?

What do you mean by stooping low, what exactly do you object to? Is Roversmum to be treated differently than other posters, Zacc?

Nice that you object to point scoring but pontificate: "I'll be there whatever league we are in". Although that isn't really the whole story, is it, Zacc?

:wacko: how am i point scoring by stating.. we used to get regular crowds around 8,000 and i'll renew ? plenty of others have stated much the same!

obvious you want to argue.. <_<

With all the offers that Rovers seem to put out to non season ticket holders I think it is probably close to being cheaper to not renew.

Im still waiting for a goodwill gesture to ST holders after they decided to give 3 games away for the price I have to pay for 1 (Having bought my ST and it averaging just short of £20 a match.)

With all the offers that Rovers seem to put out to non season ticket holders I think it is probably close to being cheaper to not renew.

Im still waiting for a goodwill gesture to ST holders after they decided to give 3 games away for the price I have to pay for 1 (Having bought my ST and it averaging just short of £20 a match.)

not a critisism, riggers, but rovers have had many of these offers in recent years.

i wouldnt hold my breath for any goodwill gestures, regardless of who runs the club.

we have got goodwillie as a super sub. :rock: so that kind of counts! :lol:

If you had bought a ticket for every home league game so far you would already have spent well more than the cost of your season ticket. No matter what the pricing is for individual games it will always be cheaper to have a season ticket, unless you are going to miss a lot of games. To do anything else would be commercial suicide.

This years is my 41st Season Ticket, an ST holder since age 6.

It will be my last until they are gone.

The only reason I still use the one I have is a: I have paid and b: I want to make my anger known.

Hopefully some terrible catastrophe will befall Venkys and Kean very soon.

If fans had been less apathetic and more willing to make their anger heard during games I may have turned up next season but as things are I am not going to sit in silence while 40 years of my life goes down the pan due to some dodgy indians and a crooked sweaty.

Most winter Sats will be spent where I was last Saturday, at Fleetwood Town, or at a racecourse until the club is reclaimed.

I will be at the Golden Cup on Saturday.

March march march

Archived