BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRST Meeting with Supporters Direct

I'd think more of one group if they went and met the Portsmouth Supporters Trust. They are 12 months experience ahead of us.

It is something we as a group are progressing with, not just with Portsmouth but other clubs too such as the spirit of Shankly group who helped in the removal of their owners. It is a lengthy process, however we are getting good advice and building good relationships with those who have been there and have the experience on us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been reading through the last 3 pages and I think it is clear that lots of people are getting a bit too excited by there so called positions of power in whichever action group etc... they have set up.

Do you not realise that the majority of fans don't go on messageboards! Winning an argument on a messageboard means absolutely nothing!

God help BRFC if BRAG or whoever were actually in charge, unprofessional is an understatement. You are all just coming across as a laughing stock, who would have thought we had so many egotistictical fans.

What we need is ONE fans group, because at the moment this petty squabbling is completely counter productive.

What he said = very sensible post.

What almost everyone else said/is saying = Junior School kids squabbling in the playground.

EDIT: My reply here was to Scutdog and was composed immediately after reading my way through the entire thread in succession. This meant that I had not seen any of the several further posts following and which all appear to echo my sentiments in essence. To those people I apologise.....I did not mean your posts were childish as I had not even seen them before my post was written and posted.

I give my full support to the group that isn't the one made up of the toothless, no brain fools I witnessed on the Darwen End during the Newcastle game...

I don't want to sound harsh here but the club being ran (sic) by a collection of well meaning manual workers isn't going to benefit the club in any other way than keeping the boardroom warm.

Wow ! Such breathtaking snobbery is truly impressive. It would seem that the People's Game really has been taken over by the 'prawn sandwich brigade' !

Wow ! Such breathtaking snobbery is truly impressive. It would seem that the People's Game really has been taken over by the 'prawn sandwich brigade' !

Breath taking snobbery. You are entitled to your opinion and if that is how you see it then so be it. However, in my personal opinion the club being ran by people who seem to believe that chanting 'Shearer! Shearer!' at Newcastle fans was a witty chant would be a worse choice than Venkys. I have no issue with manual workers, my family are almost entirely based within those industries. Do I think a manual worker with no experience should be put in charge of a multi million pound business, no. Would I want a manual worker carrying out surgery on me that he wasn't qualified to do, no. That's all that I was saying, don't read anything else into it! Also your highlight of two points in the post is clearly suggesting that I grouped the 'mindless fools' and 'manual workers' together under the same umbrella, again this is not the case.

Aye, what has a person with a background in manual work ever done for Rovers?

Multi millionaire businessman....

Breath taking snobbery. You are entitled to your opinion and if that is how you see it then so be it. However, in my personal opinion the club being ran by people who seem to believe that chanting 'Shearer! Shearer!' at Newcastle fans was a witty chant would be a worse choice than Venkys. I have no issue with manual workers, my family are almost entirely based within those industries. Do I think a manual worker with no experience should be put in charge of a multi million pound business, no. Would I want a manual worker carrying out surgery on me that he wasn't qualified to do, no. That's all that I was saying, don't read anything else into it! Also your highlight of two points in the post is clearly suggesting that I grouped the 'mindless fools' and 'manual workers' together under the same umbrella, again this is not the case.

Multi millionaire businessman....

Who grew up in a Victorian terrace and did plenty of manual work

Who grew up in a Victorian terrace and did plenty of manual work

Obviously there is the exception to every rule.

Would I prefer the choice of someone who's spent his whole life working on a building site over an experienced chairman? No and at this point I will add Jack appointing John Williams. No-one disputes Jacks heritage but when he had the choice he appointed the best man he could and running a football club is unlike any other business. We need someone who knows the game inside out in that role, especially if we turn out to be fan run. Just as we've seen with our present owners vultures pray aplenty on the inexperienced in football and it's bloody expensive when they com calling.

Obviously there is the exception to every rule.

Would I prefer the choice of someone who's spent his whole life working on a building site over an experienced chairman? No and at this point I will add Jack appointing John Williams. No-one disputes Jacks heritage but when he had the choice he appointed the best man he could and running a football club is unlike any other business. We need someone who knows the game inside out in that role, especially if we turn out to be fan run. Just as we've seen with our present owners vultures pray aplenty on the inexperienced in football and it's bloody expensive when they com calling.

Exactly!

I think it's all becoming a bit boring and shambolic.

Would have been better if more had supported the initial protests, would have been more impactful and just might have influenced Venky's if the scale had been right.

I think Venky's will believe that they have successfully ridden out the storm.

IMO, unless a 'major player' comes in soon and sorts out a deal with Venky's then it's onwards and downwards.

I think it's all becoming a bit boring and shambolic.

Would have been better if more had supported the initial protests, would have been more impactful and just might have influenced Venky's if the scale had been right.

I think Venky's will believe that they have successfully ridden out the storm.

IMO, unless a 'major player' comes in soon and sorts out a deal with Venky's then it's onwards and downwards.

Agree with this. That's why we, despite not being protestors normally, turned up for the earlier protests. They were well organised but there was a naivety about them that might just have tipped the balance of opinion in our favour had enough people turned up and got involved. Those days are now gone and I don't turn up at protests, not because i care any less but because i don't like the soundbytes coming out from various groups and at this stage, what are they going to achieve. Kean is here for the rest of the season now whatever he does. The owners are not listening to anything at all, and probably don't even mention us unless it's to work out how to take more money out of the club. It's all the awful words you can think of rolled into one and squabbling amongst yourselves does nothing to help at all. Where we go from here I don't know but it isn't with BRAG, BRST, BRSIT or any other acronyms.

Have to agree with recent posts on this thread. I have lost all interest in all the various groups and their squabbling/ pipe dreams.

I am now just looking to each match and hoping we can somehow scrape enough points together to stay ahead of 3 other rubbish teams.

Other than that, keeping an eye on BRFCS in vague hope that Venkys will one day decide to sell up.

There doesn't really seem much else to talk about without feeling very gloomy!

Archived