BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Were you playing the Rickenbacker on that ? I was expecting a more jangly, Johnnie Marr, Roger McGuinn sound 

Believe it or not that was a 12 string Rickenbacker through a Super Reverb.

Check out some of the other tunes, I can certainly bring the jangle when needed.

https://traficante.bandcamp.com/music

We're also on the Spotify as well.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There’s a review of Paul Weller’s latest album in today’s “ Guardian” complete with a photo of him looking very dapper indeed in a really nice blue suit. “ I’d like to meet his tailor “ . Name that tune ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 24/05/2024 at 10:26, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s a review of Paul Weller’s latest album in today’s “ Guardian” complete with a photo of him looking very dapper indeed in a really nice blue suit. “ I’d like to meet his tailor “ . Name that tune ?

It’s a little place in Soho where PW goes. 
New album is excellent - I don’t know how he keeps doing it.

The tune is Warren Zevon isn’t it?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It’s a little place in Soho where PW goes. 
New album is excellent - I don’t know how he keeps doing it.

The tune is Warren Zevon isn’t it?

10/10.

Prostate cancer got him and it had a go at me. Take the PSA test lads.

Talking of tailors I know a very good one in Rochdale if you ever need any high class alterations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Weller’s obviously flavour of the month. There’s a full page spread of him on the front page of today’s “ Observer “ magazine. One for “ Oldjamfan’s “ bedroom wall no doubt. Nicely turned out as usual. Black “ Brooks Brothers “ polo shirt, black slacks and some nice black leather slip on shoes. He needs a word with his tailor though, the slacks are about 2” too short. The Four Tops circa 1965 style.
He dresses like me only I could give him a stone or two unfortunately ! He’s obviously looked after himself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Weller’s obviously flavour of the month. There’s a full page spread of him on the front page of today’s “ Observer “ magazine. One for “ Oldjamfan’s “ bedroom wall no doubt. Nicely turned out as usual. Black “ Brooks Brothers “ polo shirt, black slacks and some nice black leather slip on shoes. He needs a word with his tailor though, the slacks are about 2” too short. The Four Tops circa 1965 style.
He dresses like me only I could give him a stone or two unfortunately ! He’s obviously looked after himself.

IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.dc5821b6d711743422c92ec3721292d4.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Got this album on right now from The Rifles 2006, If you like Weller and The Jam, its a must. They're playing in Sheffield soon on the Richard Hawley Rock n Roll Circus gig at Don Valley. 

a0089827130_65.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

On 26/05/2024 at 13:21, oldjamfan1 said:

It’s promotional work for his new album Tyrone. An almost guaranteed number 1.

Don’t read the letters page in today’s Sunday Ob. One correspondent is less than impressed - “ So Paul Weller looks good at 66, has been lucky in the hair department and wrote some decent songs 40 years ago “. It goes on …….

You write in and should put the record straight.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Don’t read the letters page in today’s Sunday Ob. One correspondent is less than impressed - “ So Paul Weller looks good at 66, has been lucky in the hair department and wrote some decent songs 40 years ago “. It goes on …….

You write in and should put the record straight.

To be fair he doesn’t look that great for 66. Too many cigarettes and sun loungers. 

There’s a lot of folk stuck in 1982 but thankfully (despite my username on here) I’m not one of them.

On 01/06/2024 at 13:04, Gav said:

Got this album on right now from The Rifles 2006, If you like Weller and The Jam, its a must. They're playing in Sheffield soon on the Richard Hawley Rock n Roll Circus gig at Don Valley. 

a0089827130_65.jpg

Fabulous live band as well Gav

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To be fair he doesn’t look that great for 66. Too many cigarettes and sun loungers. 

There’s a lot of folk stuck in 1982 but thankfully (despite my username on here) I’m not one of them.

Fabulous live band as well Gav

Yeah Weller looks a lot older than 66.

Booze, ciggys and too much sun will do that to you.

It looks to me like a letter written by one of the many sour muppets that are stuck in the past and believe that Weller "should just reform the Jam".

These also tend to be the same cretins that sneer at younger people who also listen to bands from that era. I've had this many times in my life from these clowns, "that's my era". Fuck off you silly old twat.

Just old people who are bitter about the fact they're no longer young and that the world has moved on leaving them behind.

Then you'd have the opposite. People like @oldjamfan1 who were always open minded, supportive and enthusiastic. They were great to be around, they showed us some great stuff we'd have never found without them and were always keen to hear what we were doing.

I've listened to a couple of tracks from 66 and they were pretty good. TBH I haven't listened to a lot of music recently, I've written a few tunes though.

• Like 1