BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember seeing Stevie Wonder do “ Superstition “ live on Top Of Pops years ago. I knew it was live because it was better than the record ! Brilliant musician, but I’m not a fan.

One of the best live performances I ever saw was Queen at Live Aid,  but I’m not a fan of them either.

What would you say is the difference between being able to appreciate a musician/band and being a fan of them?

The Same Old Blues by Proud Mary.

Underrated album that went under many peoples radars.

Give it a listen if your tastes stretch across country, rock and the blues. 

image.thumb.png.84e9cc3d7c04b1a583c74696929aae0f.png

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

When was the last time McCartney wrote a decent song? He certainly can't sing anymore.

Live and let die maybe?

Of course not writing a good song for so long doesn’t mean he isn’t one of the best ever song writers.

I agree about his singing.

I personally think some of The Beatles strongest songs were written by Harrison.

Edited by wilsdenrover

6 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Live and let die maybe?

Of course not writing a good song for so long doesn’t mean he isn’t one of the best ever song writers.

I agree about his singing.

I personally think some of The Beatles strongest songs were written by Harrison.

It’s a bit like saying Bryan Douglas can’t play football anymore. The guy was brilliant in his day, nothing is forever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a bit like saying Bryan Douglas can’t play football anymore. The guy was brilliant in his day, nothing is forever.

It’s nothing like saying Bryan Douglas can’t play football anymore…..

I could name plenty of song writers that were/are still writing good songs into older age, McCartney hasn’t written a decent song in decades. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...