BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That’s surely a mock-up Gav?

Im struggling to work out how The Smiths could be on the same bill as the Pistols, for a start.

You know what, I never even gave it a 2nd thought OjF, but yes you're right, the dates don't add up at all 😏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

How could anyone have talking heads above the smiths?

I never really took to The Smiths for some reason. Mind you, I’m not a huge fan of Talking Heads either, save a couple of theirs. Each to their own I suppose.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I never really took to The Smiths for some reason. Mind you, I’m not a huge fan of Talking Heads either, save a couple of theirs. Each to their own I suppose.

Never been a massive fan of Talking Heads either. They're alright but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Like any right minded individual I worship the ground The Smiths walked on.

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Never been a massive fan of Talking Heads either. They're alright but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Like any right minded individual I worship the ground The Smiths walked on.

A lot of Blackburn 'football lads' from 80's/90's were into Talking Heads, I thought they may have played a gig or 3 at King Georges but I couldn't find anything that confirmed they ever played in the town. 

They all followed New Order, but not sure where the Talking Heads obsession came from.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

A lot of Blackburn 'football lads' from 80's/90's were into Talking Heads, I thought they may have played a gig or 3 at King Georges but I couldn't find anything that confirmed they ever played in the town. 

They all followed New Order, but not sure where the Talking Heads obsession came from.

Probably could relate to "we're on a road to nowhere"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Tell me something @oldjamfan1, out of all the albums Weller has done, Jam, Style Council, solo, what would you say were the best three?

Anyone else feel free to answer also.

Blimey that's like choosing your favourite child mate lol.

My favourite Jam album is Sound Affects (just shading All Mod Cons), TSC is Confessions of a Pop Group and solo I would probably go for True Meanings, though that is really tough because Wild Wood is absolutely awesome too.

But that's not really what you asked is it?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Blimey that's like choosing your favourite child mate lol.

My favourite Jam album is Sound Affects (just shading All Mod Cons), TSC is Confessions of a Pop Group and solo I would probably go for True Meanings, though that is really tough because Wild Wood is absolutely awesome too.

But that's not really what you asked is it?

Only got the first three Style Council records (that's including the Introducing EP)

I quite like The Gift as well but I'd have to say either All Mod Cons or Sound Affects.

Not really that well versed in his solo stuff. What would you say are the best ones to start with?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Only got the first three Style Council records (that's including the Introducing EP)

I quite like The Gift as well but I'd have to say either All Mod Cons or Sound Affects.

Not really that well versed in his solo stuff. What would you say are the best ones to start with?

Work your way through the first three would be my suggestion. Then skip through to As Is Now. Try 22 Dreams as it is VERY different, then A Kind Revolution and True Meanings.

If you only want to try one, go with Wild Wood.

• Like 1

The Eagle’s Long Goodbye World tour has four nights in Manchester at the Co-Op Live arena that is still under construction, that is the only UK venue for the final World tour. Tickets range from around the £200 mark where you will need binoculars to the £650 region. It looks as though I will not afford to see one of my favourite bands at those prices. 

6 hours ago, Ianrally said:

The Eagle’s Long Goodbye World tour has four nights in Manchester at the Co-Op Live arena that is still under construction, that is the only UK venue for the final World tour. Tickets range from around the £200 mark where you will need binoculars to the £650 region. It looks as though I will not afford to see one of my favourite bands at those prices. 

Fucking disgusting prices.

These artists need to take a stand against the Ticketmaster monopoly. People like Taylor Swift, Springsteen, The Eagles etc they have the power. Unfortunately they only give a fuck about themselves and their money.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Work your way through the first three would be my suggestion. Then skip through to As Is Now. Try 22 Dreams as it is VERY different, then A Kind Revolution and True Meanings.

If you only want to try one, go with Wild Wood.

Mint, I'll start there eventually.

I know he fell off a bit through the late 90s and early 00s but what I've heard of his recent stuff some of it is absolutely first rate.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 05:36, Upside Down said:

Wild Wood..Stanley Road...Setting Sons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Fucking disgusting prices.

These artists need to take a stand against the Ticketmaster monopoly. People like Taylor Swift, Springsteen, The Eagles etc they have the power. Unfortunately they only give a fuck about themselves and their money.

I saw Springsteen last summer, tickets started at around £60 if memory serves me correctly, I'm paying more to see Richard Ashcroft in Halifax later in the year!

But I agree with the sentiment.

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

I saw Springsteen last summer, tickets started at around £60 if memory serves me correctly, I'm paying more to see Richard Ashcroft in Halifax later in the year!

But I agree with the sentiment.

The initial prices are never over the top but tickemaster have a total monopoly over not only initial sales but resales i.e. scalpers.

It's completely wrong and in my opinion artists should stand up for their fans and take action against this. 

But as I said before, most of them only give a fuck about money and themselves and wouldn't ever give a seconds thought to the people that actually put them where they are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...