BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Mayfield really was a legend as a musician. Tragically he was crippled when a lighting rig fell on him at a charity gig he was playing at. He died later as a result of his injuries.

Yeah and in the scheme of things he wasn’t very old either.

Went to see Johnny Marr last night at a very intimate gig, 600 invited guests, he rocked the place. A mixture of his solo stuff, Modest Mouse, The Smiths and Electronic, a superb night, superb setlist from an absolute legend. 

It was the first night of the tour and seemed so happy to be out on the road again, you don't always get that with artists as long in the tooth as Johnny.

I'm regretting selling my tickets to his Peacehall gig in Halifax now, I'd love to do that all over again.

IMG_0363.thumb.jpeg.465bb1beb3794b065f137d49a945ba0e.jpeg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Went to see Richard Ashcroft on Friday night, still full of arrogance, swagger and still has that exquisite blues voice. 

Courteeners and Blossoms on Saturday night, both excellent too.

Sunday…..rest day…..

• Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 16:57, Gav said:

Went to see Richard Ashcroft on Friday night, still full of arrogance, swagger and still has that exquisite blues voice. 

Courteeners and Blossoms on Saturday night, both excellent too.

Sunday…..rest day…..

There was a reconciliation between Damon Minchella (RA’s bass player) and the other 3 original members of ocean colour scene backstage at a festival recently Gav, dunno whether that’s where you saw him?

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

There was a reconciliation between Damon Minchella (RA’s bass player) and the other 3 original members of ocean colour scene backstage at a festival recently Gav, dunno whether that’s where you saw him?

Tramlines in Sheffield is where I saw him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not a gig as such but “  The Story Of The Jam “ “ About The Young Idea “ is on Sky Arts at 2-10 am tomorrow morning.

Well worth watching. It’s about 7 years old now but very well made indeed. I know many of the contributors and film makers personally, great bunch. 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2023 at 22:05, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not a gig as such but “ Wreckless Eric “ has a good interview in todays “ Guardian G2 “ . Remember “ Whole Wide World “ and  “ Reconnez Cherie “ ? Anybody who plays a “ Rickenbacker “ must have something going for them

You mean like this?

20190427_154958.thumb.jpg.637445b989eb525081a35bbc078c2c0c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Again not live gigs but two shoes on TV not to be missed by music lovers of a certain age.

” Little Richard , I Am Everything “ on Channel 4 on Sunday at 11.05 pm.

” Summer Of Soul “ on Channel 4 on Monday at 10.00 pm. This was rated the best ever live musical show on film by “ The Guardian “ recently.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Saw this in a record shop about 15 years ago and didn't buy it for some reason. 

Well now I've finally found another one, and its in mono too 👍

20231023_160109.jpg

Yeah, we’ve all had “ the ones that got away “. I had a fantastic record collection until they were awarded to my ex-wife in our divorce settlement ! I hadn’t the heart to start again with vinyl so I re-built the collection as best I could with CD’s but it wasn’t/isn’t  the same